Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

ChapelHooker

5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Okay, but it's not awful quality, no? Like I enjoy listening to my albums on vinyl but the HMHAS cover would look magnificent on the vinyl format, otherwise, I would have got the CD in a heartbeat :deadvision: I mean IDK ahhhh. IDK why we have to make vinyl eco-friendly since they are preserved by 70% of their owners and can last a lifetime if maintained properly. My friend's mom still has vinyl dating back to the 1970s and 1980s that would work.

I dont think ppl understand what the eco-mix is exactly. It's not recycled vinyl per se, the only one that is made from 100% recycled is the standard black, the eco-mix ones (color) are made from of all the scraps from other vinyls that are put together to make a new one instead of being discarded (see video bellow). This is why the colours vary so much cause it's a mix of yellows, reds, blues to make the final product. But since the material is the same there's not really logic on blaming the eco mix for bad quality.

She also already had her "recicled" vinyl in HTE era. Never heard any complains then, idk just find it weird cause Billie and Finneas are really peculiar with sound/mixing im sure there is some sort of quality control they wouldn't put out shitty vinyls on purpose. And if she thought the sustainable ones were really bad she probably would try to find other solutions.

My best guess is probably the way they press the vinyl in different factories idk. I have several vinyls and a good record player (not outstanding but better than those crosleys and stuff like that, I had one of those years ago and it sucked so bad).

As I said I don't have any complaints from my copies but if people have maybe contact her label and report it cause maybe it's a bad batch of vinyls and they can replace it? idk just a thought...

Edited by Dash_inthedark
  • Like 1

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalladallamallamalla

• whatyouwant_

• dreww

• wish

On 6/16/2024 at 6:49 PM, whatyouwant_ said:

TTPD was #1 for 28 days on Spotify, then HMHAS took over, as of now 29 days.

For AM there's Kworb, but they have a methodology there, you can always go for the #1's, Billie still has 45 #1's on AM after a month and Taylor only has 3 #1's.  

Any new Spotify updates? 

Spoiler

I dont have Twitter to look for myself and am making that thread

:ryan3:

Edited by bad guy

14 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Any new updates? 

Reveal hidden contents

I dont have Twitter to look for myself and am making that thread

32 days now - we're still at #1

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dash_inthedark said:

I dont think ppl understand what the eco-mix is exactly. It's not recycled vinyl per se, the only  is made from 100% recycled is the standard black variant, the eco-mix ones (color) are made from of all the scraps form other vinyls that are put together to make a new one instead of being discarded (see video bellow). This is why the colours vary so much cause it's a mix of yellows, reds, blues to make the final product. But since the material is the same there's not really logic on blaming the eco mix for bad quality.

She also already had her "recicled" vinyl in HTE era. Never heard any complains then, idk just find it weird cause her and Finneas are really peculiar with sound/mixing im sure there is some sort of quality control they wouldn't put out shitty vinyls on purpose. And if she thought the sustainable ones were really bad she probably would try to find other solutions.

My best guess is probably the way they press the vinyl in different factories idk. I have several vinyls and a good record player (not outstanding but better than those crosleys and stuff like that, I had one of those years ago and it sucked so bad).

As I said I don't have any complaints from my copies but if people have maybe contact her label and report it cause maybe it's a bad batch of vinyls and they can replace it? idk just a thought...

It's probably a factory situation then, it seems that Europe got the better batch of vinyls this time. From what I've seen, you guys got the "best" (correct) colors too  

Compare the Europe Amazon exclusive vs the US Amazon version:

Europe:

712oItxDZ4L.jpg

US:

71v5+Pl-cZL.jpg

It's possible that sound quality differs for similar reasons (maybe?) Hopefully they can prevent this from happening to future US pressings :dancehall:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wish said:

32 days now - we're still at #1

THE GREATEST feeling ever!

Spoiler

Link?

Edited by bad guy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bad guy said:

THE GREATEST feeling ever!

Reveal hidden contents

Link?

this account usually has all the tea

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dash_inthedark said:

I dont think ppl understand what the eco-mix is exactly. It's not recycled vinyl per se, the only  is made from 100% recycled is the standard black variant, the eco-mix ones (color) are made from of all the scraps form other vinyls that are put together to make a new one instead of being discarded (see video bellow). This is why the colours vary so much cause it's a mix of yellows, reds, blues to make the final product. But since the material is the same there's not really logic on blaming the eco mix for bad quality.

She also already had her "recicled" vinyl in HTE era. Never heard any complains then, idk just find it weird cause her and Finneas are really peculiar with sound/mixing im sure there is some sort of quality control they wouldn't put out shitty vinyls on purpose. And if she thought the sustainable ones were really bad she probably would try to find other solutions.

Hmm you do have a point. Perhaps something simply went off with the pressing this time, which is a bit of a shame because this album would've sounded glorious on a good setup.

It seems like she won't push for #1 after all. First week under 100k

The gap with Taylor is getting bigger again (last week it was around 20k)

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_942601765.png

That lady shipped 2 of her new variants this week and barely made an increase from last week.

Drop the BOAF video and 50k signed copies NOW

PkZNhPZ.gif

• Like 5

When there is no BOAF video and the next cassettes/vinyl color isn't made until 6 months from now

PkZNhPZ.gif

well

yLBJfPh.thumb.gif.f5d471af57297dcd63914e

6 minutes ago, bad guy said:

When there is no BOAF video

PkZNhPZ.gif

thank-god-thank.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

"BIRDS OF A FEATHER" is the 4th most added (tied with "Houdini") on POP radios this week with 25 adds :clap3:

• Like 4

Eco Mix vinyl is usually dirty scraps, so that's why it sounds pretty bad with huge crackles and pops throughout. Because it's literally dirt ENGRAVED in the grooves, that cannot come off with cleans. 

But that's not the issue with the vinyl though. The mastering and the mixing is SOOOOO BAD :rip: the volume is super low, the bass drowns out her vocals, and of course the amount of static noise that comes out of it. 

There are some Eco Mix vinyl that sound great or at least decent. The new Adrienne Lenker vinyl is Eco Mix and sounds amazing. 

It's a shame that her best and possibly most musical album has the worst-sounding vinyl pressing. HTE vinyl sounded great for the music being very down-tempo and ballad-heavy. WWAFA vinyl sounded decent for being a 2019 pre-COVID/vinyl boom album. 

• Like 1

When the BIRDS OF A FEATHER video is just a video of a bird in a cage while Billie sways in the background.

PkZNhPZ.gif

• Haha 3

#2 next week :duca:

Another 90k+ for next week. Hope she can clear 100K :jonny5:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Green said:

It seems like she won't push for #1 after all. First week under 100k

The gap with Taylor is getting bigger again (last week it was around 20k)

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_942601765.png

the stability :eli: 

2 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

When the BIRDS OF A FEATHER video is just a video of a bird in a cage while Billie sways in the background.

PkZNhPZ.gif

I highly doubt that she even has one :eli: 

BOAF might be my favorite song from her ever surpassing HTE :WAP: the serotonin boost that it gives me and how it makes me think of the one i love while feeling like the warmest hug, omg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

PkZNhPZ.gif

I loved CHIHIRO video although the song is so emaculate that no video will do it harm. HOWEVER, I need that ***** to book Joseph Khan and let her label spend a little. I need some good high budget videos for this amazing album :tsk:

The greatest performance is finally in her channel.

• Like 1

GLOBAL:   28.743.500 -63.606 -0,22%    

3 = BIRDS OF A FEATHER  8.489.787 +25.496 +0,30%  
11 -1 LUNCH  4.800.621 -99.545 -2,03%  
15 = CHIHIRO  3.848.178 -14.934 -0,39%  
40 -2 WILDFLOWER 2.375.452 +12.783 +0,54%  
51 -2 BLUE  2.115.045 -3.836 -0,18%  
53 +1 L'AMOUR DE MA VIE    2.088.871 +8.510 +0,41%  
132 -13 THE GREATEST  1.436.276 -5.632 -0,39%  
192 -12 SKINNY  1.243.814 -13.738 -1,09%  
173 -1 THE DINER  1.300.456 +32.290 +2,55%  
OUT OUT BITTERSUITE  1.045.000 -5.000 -0,48% ESTIM.

staBILLIEty            

Edited by zzmyth
  • Like 3

Is Lunch flopping on the radio? :emofish:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.