Billie: " Happier Than Ever is a fart album" / is pretentious

IBeMe

Billie and her brother Finneas discussed her previous work. They say that WWAFAWDWG? was made from genuine fear whereas Happier Than Ever is a "fart" album and was made from a place of pretention. They say that they made that record after having been complimented way too much by the industry. 

Starts at around the 8 minute mark:

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• BrokenMachine

• AndThenTheCocaine

• wish

Top Posters In This Topic

that's what I always got from the album cover tbh, almost mocking, clearly a joke, but still served quality. 

• Like 2

Still better than this new album, Billendria. Don't you dare try it!

YlK9r1G.thumb.gif.613b9663f3e5814ad92cc8

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 2

lmao sure Jan she says that now. but everyone was calling her a sell out the moment she went blonde 

why she says her first album was created from genuine fear? 

I revisited it the other day and while I'm glad she did not have a sophomore slump, it is my least favorite of her efforts including DSAM. There's very high highs like the title track but I didn't like the songs that felt tacked on. It feels there's only a good chunk in the middle of the album that feels like an actual album

• ATRL Moderator

Ice Spice has competition for the queen of constipation

• Haha 11

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

lmao sure Jan she says that now. but everyone was calling her a sell out the moment she went blonde 

I don't remember this. I remember people saying it was her good girl gone bad era 

3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

I hate when artists promote their new era by shitting on their last album

She didn't drag WWAFAWDWG thankfully :sistrens: She did get a bit too cocky with HTE imo tho 

well i only use the title track while nearly every song on Hit Me is amazing so maybe she's right :celestial5:

well yes :clack: debut is much better 

Billie to Happier Than Ever:

Can artists stop shitting on their old work please? Who started this "trend" :gaycat7:

• Like 4

She kinda hates HTE :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's a good album? There's some bloat but there's no need to trash your prior work. Title track kind of revived interest in her career after the hate train she had going on. 

Edited by Life Savers

Happier Than Ever is better than HMHAS so this is upsetting to hear!

The albums I like the most from an artist almost always end up being the one said artists **** on :gaycat6:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I don't blame her for shitting on that era after all she went through then tbh

• Like 2

I liked it. but watch atrl try and drag her as if they weren't saying the same thing 

5 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Can artists stop shitting on their old work please? Who started this "trend" :gaycat7:

Miley I fear:deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

Finneas talks too much :rip:

With that said, he kinda made points about the production being undercooked at times. I really adore HTE but mostly for its vocals, songwriting, and sonic direction, not necessarily its production quality.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pink Whitney said:

Miley I fear:deadbanana2:

Well :deadbanana2:

My view is that of course artists are allowed to dislike their previous work, tastes change and all that, but don't ******* say that in public maybe unless you were forced by the label into making it :gaycat7:

It's a bit like the whole "my fans are miserable human beings!" fad that was a thing last year

I mean it's kind of bloated but it has some of her highest highs. Pretentious is a stretch (although the way Finneas talks is :rip:)

She just hates the era sadly.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.