Billie campaigns for #1 by signing vinyls at Walmart, flops & signs plastic sleeve

Forever Winter

Just now, PoisonedIvy said:

It's not insulting at all. Whether or not Taylor is "intentionally" paving new paths for future artists is irrelevant, the scope of her career when the sun sets on her life will be too immense to ignore, and the same way Taylor studied Madonna, Britney, Joni, Carole, and other female legends that came before her, future women in music will study the decisions Taylor made that got her to where she is. They will either replicate or reject and adjust their decisions to emulate or surpass the thresholds that Taylor herself was able to breach.

TLDR: You don't have to be the "first" or even the "best" at something to be remembered and replicated, sometimes being the "biggest" is all it takes to reach the greatest quantity of influence. 

In all honesty I can't see the scope. The same can't be said about Madonna who moved huge units, but she had the impact, paved the way for the girls, advocated for lgbt rights, flopped and came back on top etc. and stayed relevant for X decades.

Taylor doesn't pave any way for the girls, especially on their release dates, and all the impact she has is the catalog streams & sales.

Also being the first in something proves that you are the trailblazer you want Taylor to be. 

• Like 2

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Jay07

• Badgalbriel

• ThisNihilist

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Prodigal Self said:

Okay you still seem a bit confused so let me help you:
Bundling your brand new album with your hair, chewed gum, dairy entries (not, it is not a joke -- a 30 year old woman is encouraging her mentally ill cult to buy multiple copies of her album to collect all the dairy entries) to sell as much copies as possible IS EMBARRASSING. Couple that with the fact she's already sold millions of albums and it's her 12th (?) LP and she already spent a month at #1... You should understand why everybody be dunking on her GREEDY ass. I believe in you, swiftie!

:ryan3:

Lol. Taylor is allowed to wish to remain #1 when her album is doing 200k units on its 5th week from streaming ALONE. 

Just now, Mickie said:

In all honesty I can't see the scope. The same can't be said about Madonna who moved huge units, but she had the impact, paved the way for the girls, advocated for lgbt rights, flopped and came back on top etc. and stayed relevant for X decades.

Taylor doesn't pave any way for the girls, especially on their release dates, and all the impact she has is the catalog streams & sales.

Also being the first in something proves that you are the trailblazer you want Taylor to be. 

You can't see the scope because we are living through it. It's all about perspective. You can't see the forest for the trees when you are within their midst. Only in retrospect will her career's magnitude be truly observable.

I know you guys only see the "bad" side of Taylor but she's done a lot of good for women. From bringing them on as her openers and promoting their projects (Charli XCX, Camila Cabello, Halsey, Sabrina, Girl in Red, Phoebe Bridgers, Gracie Abrams, HAIM, beabadoobee, the list goes on..) to offering them advice about their career, endorsing their music in playlists she uploads or soundtracks she curates to precede her tour dates, to honoring them in speeches like at the 2019 Women in Billboard event. hell, At this years Grammys she was the ONLY one standing and singing along for the ENTIRETY of Olivia's performance, the very artist yall cite as Taylor's current "nemesis."

Taylor is competitive, but she also walks the walk and supports other women without putting them down or talking down on them. She just prioritizes her own career first. 

Taylor is the "first" to succeed at this level with re-recording her catalogue. She is proving that you -can- obtain your catalogue in a way that hadn't been proven before, because other endeavors of this nature never succeeded at even a fraction of the scale the TV project has. Taylor is also the first to gross a billion on tour. The first to earn AOTY four times. The first to debut over a million copies across what, 7 albums now? These are all ambitions future musicians can aspire to achieve by following in the footsteps of her work ethic and fanbase cultivation. We just won't see that for decades until her peak has ended and her career can be reflected upon.

TLDR: Taylor is a trailblazer in many ways. Just not the same ways as Madonna, and that's fine, there will never be another woman that can knock down cultural and political barriers the way Madonna did, because those barriers have been toppled thanks to her. Now Taylor is toppling barriers that kept women from overtaking men in this industry. She's proving it CAN be done, and in the future, more women can follow in that path. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, liam13 said:

i remember that the week was quite a few days ago. a swiftie mod posted about taylor as a normal fan's behavior and then yall ran in there, threw all kinds of words toward taylor.

it seems to me that swifties behaviors are responds to whatever yall did. smoke and fire or whatever they said

It's the same cycle, we're on everyone's mouths in every situation but if we say anything about it we're "mean and insufferable"

• Like 4

swifties have really lost the plot this era

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kyungsoowift said:

Is she signing the plastic wraps of a vinyl?

Yes but it's recycled plastic :ace:

6 minutes ago, Assassin said:

swifties have really lost the plot this era

They probably realized how reliant they are on her commercial success. The album was so bad and you could see Swifties spiraling when a handful of negative reviews came in.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

They probably realized how reliant they are on her commercial success. The album was so bad and you could see Swifties spiraling when a handful of negative reviews came in.

Actually most of us love the album, critics have no bearing on our perception of her music. :hug: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prodigal Self said:

Okay you still seem a bit confused so let me help you:
Bundling your brand new album with your hair, chewed gum, dairy entries (no, it is not a joke -- a 30 year old woman is encouraging her mentally ill cult to buy multiple copies of her album to collect all the dairy entries) to sell as much copies as possible IS EMBARRASSING. Couple that with the fact she's already sold millions of albums and it's her 12th (?) LP and she already spent a month at #1... You should understand why everybody be dunking on her GREEDY ass. I believe in you, swiftie!

TTPD wasn't bundled with dairy or diary entries. The content of your comments is a blend of made-up bs & using "30 year old woman" as a drag/calling her middle aged. Wild how there's only 7 years before you creeps use the same language to describe Billie. If you had a valid point to make, you'd do so without slinging mud, writing fiction & resorting to low blows. The irony is there's a large subset of users like yourself that incessantly pooh pooh & sneer that Swifties are so pathologically obsessed with Taylor that all their behaviour revolves around her, yet seeing all your comments.. objectively, you're fr fixated. It's not as if you people actually gaf about Billie's success, you're rly just that focused on Taylor. You're quick to call a large population of people mentally ill when you're plainly suffering from delusions & can't separate reality from fantasy. Get well soon, I guess?

This thread is a mess. I love it

:suburban:

Queen of plastic and signing wraps :clap3: 

12 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

It's the same cycle, we're on everyone's mouths in every situation but if we say anything about it we're "mean and insufferable"

it seems like the oth community is in dire need of self-awareness

Swifties are literally a different breed

• Like 1

that fanbase is SO obsessed with charts and stats :biblio:

I see that poster is having another episode. Top poster: 25 posts next poster: 7. Then Swifties will complain that it's another 30 page thread when the call is coming from inside the house.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

critics have no bearing on our perception of her music. :hug: 

Then why do Swifties harass critics who gave a negative review?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rhyme said:

I guess Billie is the new target of the month for Swifties...

They do that with every successful female: Adele, Beyoncé, Ariana, Dua and now Billie.

It's annoying at this point

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Then why do Swifties harass critics who gave a negative review?

Why do other fanbases do the same thing? It's not just Swift's fans that do that. It doesn't make it okay, mind you. But harassment from the lowest common denominator fans online is hardly exclusive to Swift's fanbase.

To answer your question, It's because impressionable youths engage in reckless behavior because their frontal lobes aren't fully developed. They make irrational and irresponsible decisions because they see others online encouraging it. 

I'm begging some of you, please go outside and log off 

and stream birds of a feather 

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Actually most of us love the album, critics have no bearing on our perception of her music. :hug: 

Tell that to the critic that needed to hide to avoid the death threats  :deadbanana4:

Omg the Swifties are unhinged. Seriously, Billie is only on her 3rd album, she should be out there promoting so what's the issue

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

It's genius, means person has to buy an additional vinyl that isn't signed so they can open that one 

:suburban:

Her vinyls dont have the plastic wrap. They have a reusable sleeve and she is signing directly on the cover, you can see clearly there's no plastic there.

Anyways... y'all life's must be boring as **** LOL 

Edited by Dash_inthedark

2 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

She's not making me buy anything, I do not purchase copies of the music just because they exist for consumption. I'm a fiscally responsible adult. The fact you guys think there is a ceiling to success is wild though. Yall want her to stop trying to succeed just because she "has enough success" ? That's not how life works. Career goals don't have an end point. Ambitious people continue to break their own boundaries and persevere forward. Maybe internet users can't understand that mentality.

i'm not really baiting anyone, I'm seriously trying to get yall to understand that her attitude -is- healthy. Ambition is HOW she got to be as big as she is. Same with other women in the past like Madonna, Janet, and Mariah. They had their fair share of "greedy!!" tactics and questionably "unethical" retorts against their female peers as well. That doesn't make them evil people nor are their fanbases just mindlessly throwing money at them. Thats an egregious oversimplification of a very nuanced and complex industry. 

I get that that's how y'all roll which is like fine. If we're being real and vulnerable, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be the best selling artist of all time, so all power to her. Still, none of the women you mentioned used these embarrassing tactics like bundling the album with personal belongings, that's as sad as it gets I'm sorry. ALso all of this is like inexplicable greed and insane grinding hustling culture or whatever to me.  Gross!

And I bet knowing that even if she becomes the best selling artist of all time there's gonna be an asterisk next to her name cause on top of re-releasing the entire discography she's bundling her albums with nails stings!

tumblr_oqiq5ySwpG1u1lpwho1_1280.thumb.jp

12 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Omg the Swifties are unhinged. Seriously, Billie is only on her 3rd album, she should be out there promoting so what's the issue

There's no issue. It would be a issue if Taylor doing the same didn't suddenly become a problem 4 days ago. 

This desperation lmfaoooooooo

7 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

This is the OLDEST way to "promote" an album. Artists used to spend a whole shift at music stores with a desk to sign each copy purchased. 

A certain stan base is unhinged at this point. Just looking for anything to cancel Billie since she was heading for that #1 and since she made an actual INCREDIBLE record. 

I mean dont say you dont care then do all this **** lmfao. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.