FLO - "Caught Up"

zeta

1 hour ago, ryoncé said:

so confused what is going on

with the lead and fly girl they just kept getting better and better and were destined to eventually blow up bc the quality of the music was truly incredible

but then they disappeared for the second half of 2023.... just to come back this year with much more mediocre material ???

like its baffling how anyone on their team thinks this could take off when cardboard box, immature, fly girl and walk like this didnt ???? its cute but very bland and fails to even show off their vocals and talent which is literally what sets them apart from the oversaturated market rn 

All of this!

The Lead + NMJ + Fly Girl was punch after punch. This new material/direction they did is just not it, and the hype just keeps decreasing with each release 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TalkThatRihanna

• Adama

• Gossip_Boy

• GeminiCat

This is really good :jamming: definitely giving album track but they sound great

The bop is bopping! I think it's one of their best

• Like 2

I like it but it's not a patch on their other stuff. At this point I just want some album info please and thank you.

what's going on with them, they just keep getting more & more boring with each release ?? 

yeah this is bit bland

Posted (edited)

I like this better than WLT and much of their last EP (bonus points for having a bridge too) but their run from CB > The Lead EP > Losing You > Fly Girl was special. Still waiting for them to top that or at least get back close to it again. 

Edited by GeminiCat

:gaycat6:

1 hour ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

:gaycat6:

Even if it's flopping I hope we can get a live performance on YouTube at least    :chick3:

Is this the lead single or just another promo single like WLT?

Ugh I wish they didn't go back and re-record here :biblionny: Even the 3 of Us EP was better than the 2 latest singles I fear 

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Ugh I wish they didn't go back and re-record here :biblionny: Even the 3 of Us EP was better than the 2 latest singles I fear 

I don't mind the re recording since some snippets from their new sessions sounded very good and Caught up is a good album track. But the tweet about them wanting the best career is so sad man… Hope everything turns out well for them this year… 

Edited by Adama
  • Like 1

I really liked WLT and was surprised it didn't do better, but this not a good single would be such a good album track but isn't working as a single for me lol 

21 hours ago, Pumpkin said:

Jorja liked this tweet:

And Caught Up isn't the lead either

Hopefully this is why their team hasn't done anything for either song and when the actual lead single drops they'll go all out.

This is actually good, very mature and nostalgic but I don't see the point of putting this out there and not letting it just be an album cut. Like I know the intention wasn't to think this was going to be some pop smash or something. I think we have to change any expectations of that, they want to be an R&B group solely. I just need them to not play with these girls and put out the album already, so they don't get stagnant. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was very lukewarm on this when it dropped but I haven't been able to stop playing it. I actually think this might be my favourite song they've released (or second to immature).

am i the only WLT stan? :rip:  this is a cute followup, it's catchy enough but nothing too special from them. not surprised it's not doing much

but really i came here to say im so frustrated with the way theyve been handled, they completely wasted the hype they had from the EP. the album is taking way too long, it shouldve been released with Fly Girl, this song and WLT made no noise. they're such a strong group but i don't understand what's taking so long. they need a new team

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Scandalous said:

am i the only WLT stan? :rip:  this is a cute followup, it's catchy enough but nothing too special from them. not surprised it's not doing much

but really i came here to say im so frustrated with the way theyve been handled, they completely wasted the hype they had from the EP. the album is taking way too long, it shouldve been released with Fly Girl, this song and WLT made no noise. they're such a strong group but i don't understand what's taking so long. they need a new team

MTE!

I want them to win, so don't wanna bring down the vibe, but it's not looking...good. 

They've been "new" / "on the rise" for absolutely ages and the songs are delivering progressively diminishing returns on the charts.

This whole "appetizer" "master plan" spiel just feels like talk.  I'm not convinced the label planned for or are content with the songs not charting at all. 

The upside is that in this era of music all that's needed is a viral moment or some other randomness to shoot a song up the charts and earn the act breakout success..even if they've been around for a minute. Lizzo had been releasing before her breakthrough, Victoria Monet's story is pretty similar too. So it's not doom and gloom.

Something needs to happen soon, though. it's nearly three years since they launched and they don't seem any closer to releasing an album. 

• Like 4

Okay, been listening to this a lot lately. This is actually one of their best songs ever, like top 3 for me, but still, it feels too soon/mature. But ya'll are right, how did they drop the ball with the hype they had in 2022? 

19 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

MTE!

I want them to win, so don't wanna bring down the vibe, but it's not looking...good. 

They've been "new" / "on the rise" for absolutely ages and the songs are delivering progressively diminishing returns on the charts.

This whole "appetizer" "master plan" spiel just feels like talk.  I'm not convinced the label planned for or are content with the songs not charting at all. 

The upside is that in this era of music all that's needed is a viral moment or some other randomness to shoot a song up the charts and earn the act breakout success..even if they've been around for a minute. Lizzo had been releasing before her breakthrough, Victoria Monet's story is pretty similar too. So it's not doom and gloom.

Something needs to happen soon, though. it's nearly three years since they launched and they don't seem any closer to releasing an album. 

Exactly. No album preorder or announcement, no lead single as they've quickly prefaced that this track and WLT aren't the "real" singles just appetizers but no word on when this real single is actually coming out. I'd love to believe there's this grand rollout planned but they've stalled for such a long time and I worry their label is just throwing stuff at the wall hoping something sticks before green lighting a release. They're getting into that quick little singles that fade into obscurity meanwhile almost every girlie (the vets and the newbies) are releasing albums left and right. I hope they don't get lost in the shuffle. 

Edited by GeminiCat
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, GeminiCat said:

Exactly. No album preorder or announcement, no lead single as they've quickly prefaced that this track and WLT aren't the "real" singles just appetizers but no word on when this real single is actually coming out. I'd love to believe there's this grand rollout planned but they've stalled for such a long time and I worry their label is just throwing stuff at the wall hoping something sticks before green lighting a release. They're getting into that quick little singles that fade into obscurity meanwhile almost every girlie (the vets and the newbies) are releasing albums left and right. I hope they don't get lost in the shuffle. 

THIS!

The only thing is, playing devil's advocate from the label side, there's no financial incentive to drop a whole album if a 0.99p single isn't selling/streaming. It's widely known that groups are super costly for labels too, so they will be looking for a return on investment to justify further investment. Which is why I'm kinda scared for them. 

There's the Tyla route, which I think more labels need to embrace. We all could see her album wouldn't move big units but they stuck to a release date and are working the era in a very "introducing" capacity. No one is clowning her, they are just enjoying the ride. 

That could and should have been Flo's team's move around the time of The Lead EP or Fly Girl but now they don't even have a fraction of the buzz from then. So, now what?

Worried for them, but wishing them the best.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.