Billie debuts new version of "HIT ME HARD AND SOFT"

elincomprendid

1 minute ago, YellowRibbon said:

1. The price is kinda irrelevant when the gap is $4.

2. It's still one additional version of the album you can buy, it doesn't matter if people that already bought the album can get it for free, in fact, the most diehard fans will probably buy it either way from another email account.

1. You can buy almost two copies of The Tortured Poets Department for 1 of Billie's.

2. Nobody does that other than Taylor Swift fans and K-pop fans.

• Like 5

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackout2006

• Jpkun

• PoisonedIvy

• Badgalbriel

Buying a Billie vinyl QUICK, used to stan Taylor but the music is not good enough to put up with her bullying and greed anymore:giraffe:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Taylor is in control of her brand. She's a talented businesswoman foremost and wouldn't involve her label in decisions that keep her at the top until it comes to executing them

So you're saying Billie is a puppet :ryan3:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

2. Nobody does that other than Taylor Swift fans and K-pop fans.

This TEA

That person is definitely projecting.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

This is Billie's release week she hasn't been #1 yet, so how is it hypocritical to care if someone who's already been #1 for four weeks does it but not when the person releasing does it? Isn't it the exact reason people were upset on Billie's behalf? That it's Billie's week and they wanted her to be #1?

You make no sense. It isn't different standards. It'd be different standards if they'd both released this week and were battling for #1 but that's absolutely not the case. It'd be different standards if people had criticized Taylor for pulling a move like this on her release week, but that's also not the case. It's not hypocritical at all if you think Billie should have her chance of being #1, to not be upset that she's trying to be #1. Like, what is this argument?

If you want to come for her by saying that she's hypocritical because "a source close to her said..." then fine? I personally think the most likely scenario is that Billie doesn't care that much (but deep down does, like most artists), but that either way it wasn't her decision. Label-heads get a bonus for reaching a milestone like #1 and they miss out on that when it peaks lower.

Sure, you can claim that Taylor's label is pulling the chart games, but we all know she has the label by the nose and they will do whatever she wants them to do and that it's unlikely Billie has that pull with her own label.

It's like y'all are incapable of nuance.

Once again, you don't get a guaranteed #1 just because it's your release week

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I'm so ready for this week to be wrapped up

:suburban:

Yes Billie, you better work for that number 1. :clap3:

(I don't she needed to though)

The cringe dogpile from that fanbase in the first few pages only for it to be given away for free for people who already bought it :bibliahh: 

ezgif-7-8e0e74f294.thumb.gif.70de11955b9

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

If this had been Taylor this whole thread would be thousands of comments whining about how she's destroying the ecosystem

:suburban:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Who where and what said that she should get a guaranteed #1 because it's her release week?

I'm saying that WANTING to get a #1 spot and going for it on your release week is understandable and that's what people were complaining about. ATP I'm wondering if you guys even read before quoting.

23 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

Taylor doesn't even have the normal deal with Republic like it is with other artists.

She's only "signed" as far as distribution goes. But the label can't hold her to account in terms of how she wants to release or promote it. It's all her.

Her releases aren't even (C) Republic Records. It's (C) Taylor Swift.

Billie doesn't have that pull, nor the exact deal.

That's what I figured when Taylor put her catalogue back on TikTok before they reached a deal.

Well, it's not like it matters since Billie is a far more talented vocalist than Taylor, and that's not contested anywhere besides ATaylorSwifTRL. I'd like to see Taylor sing Birds of a Feather, The Greatest, (particularly the belts) or at least try the vocal runs in Chihiro. Swifties trying to sneak into vocal talk is never not hilarious

Blackout2006

• Haha 1

Let me give Billie some streams 

37 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

Her releases aren't even (C) Republic Records. It's (C) Taylor Swift.

Tell me you don't understand copyright…

• Haha 1

Just now, Taylor fanboy said:

Tell me you don't understand copyright…

I understand it perfectly fine.

Block that woman Billie :gaycat2:

2 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

I understand it perfectly fine.

It doesn't seem like you do, like, at all. Plus that edited pic you posted above completely destroys any "valid" point you wanna make

• Like 1

Screaming at the swifties trying to drag Billie's vocals.. I'm convinced each copy of PTSD came with anthrax in the vinyl cover or something.

Let me buy another copy of HMHAS :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Josh said:

So you're saying Billie is a puppet :ryan3:

Billie is nowhere near being a businesswoman + she's only 22. I doubt she has the call for any business decisions of her career. She made the music and she's the artist

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Fighting for a #1 on your likely only chance to do so vs Desperation to stay at #1 for the 873637363th weeks

And it's only a battle because Taylor ignited it first

Now apply your comprehension skill here

Edited by OrgVisual
  • Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well, it's not like it matters since Billie is a far more talented vocalist than Taylor, and that's not contested anywhere besides ATaylorSwifTRL. I'd like to see Taylor sing Birds of a Feather, The Greatest, (particularly the belts) or at least try the vocal runs in Chihiro. Swifties trying to sneak into vocal talk is never not hilarious

Blackout2006

No, that's not what she said. She said she hated releasing singles prior to the release of an album. If not directly, then it's clearly implied and inferred by anyone whose comprehension abilities are decent and not attuned to manipulating context

The Music Industry

Plus, how sure are we that this isn't a move from Billie's label lol. 

she's just playing the game, cope

Blackout2006

1 hour ago, Le Grande said:

She is the most vile artist on earth with or without that, but it's always nice to find reasons to say it.

Some of you are so pathetically obsessed with this woman to the point of unhealthy, the parasocial behavior is so weird, more weird than being an actual fan.

Good thing the crazy is contained to this craphole.

Also lmao at a huge artist  backed by a huge label being "AltErNatiVe" :bibliahh:some of y'all sound so stupid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean as she should. Everyone should be compete for that top spot.

The problem is the pick me attitude, oh im better than than anyone, oh i dont care. And then make opposite actions. For what? Its so hilarious.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, hackensucks said:

Swifties calling someone desperate is so funny to see :suburban:

The way y'all call Swifties humorless and yet the obvious sarcasm is just *whoosing* over y'all's heads :suburban:

• Haha 3

Thank you, environmental Queen! We will download it.

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Taylor is in control of her brand. She's a talented businesswoman foremost and wouldn't involve her label in decisions that keep her at the top until it comes to executing them

So Billie is a label puppet then? :ryan3:

Obvious /s, but this perfectly illustrates the shifting goalposts between the two

• Haha 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.