Is Kesha's career over?

PopLord86

Kesha GIF by Paramount+

If not, whats next for her?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

I mean as long as she keeps releasing music, her career's not over. 

• Thanks 14

Long time ago since that Die young mess it was obvious she wasn't meant to last.

What a dumb ass ******* thread

• Like 4

No :rip: just because you're not number 1 everywhere don't mean you're done. 

She can bounce back Commercially. She just needs to get back to her pop boppy self

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Has she retired? If not, her career is not over.

• Like 3

Yes if she continues to be pretentious and releases "deep" music. She's at her best when she makes party music and she should not pretend otherwise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

Her last Album was a huge Flop. So, we will see ...

8 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

She can bounce back Commercially. She just needs to get back to her pop boppy self

:rip:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

well yes! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

When?

42 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

No :rip: just because you're not number 1 everywhere don't mean you're done. 

are you talking about the Animal + Warrior "pop bobby self"?
She had many bops since then Let Them Talk, Learn To Let Go, Boots, Tonight, Birthday Suit, Kinky. It's all there. But I think it's the ballads where she really shines.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Her last hit (aside from Praying) came out when millennials were still teenagers or in college.  I don't think she's realistically going for commercial success anymore, and is focusing on making music that she likes and her small but loyal fanbase can buy tour tickets for.  

This happens with most artists as they get older.

Edited by Archetype
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

are you talking about the Animal + Warrior "pop bobby self"?

Yes Yes Yes Smile GIF by Brittany Broski

I get the impression she'd be happy being an alternative/ indie artist with the ability to have the kind of autonomous creative control that is often taken away from a mainstream artist by the major label system.

However, as Kesha's route to fame and success was via a commercial path, I'm not convinced the very mainstream fanbase she attracted all those years ago are down for her switching lanes and embracing alternative and/ or indie genres.

I think this says more about her fanbase than Kesha herself as it's clear she has evolved and in an ideal world her fanbase should have graduated high school and gone through the college system by now which exposes people to more diverse and evolved musical influences but for whatever reason her fanbase have failed to evolve and still run to 2010 sounds and aesthetics like a comfort blanket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

What a weird thread about a woman who has been through enough.

22 minutes ago, Dante Silva said:

but for whatever reason her fanbase have failed to evolve and still run to 2010 sounds and aesthetics like a comfort blanket.

I don't understand where you get this impression from and I really don't think this is true at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Since she's hanging out with Kyle Richards she should join RHOBH and take Erika down

• Haha 2

As in a mainstream charttopping career? Yes, for a good decade now

As in career as a successful musician? No, she will always have somewhat of a fanbase and can tour

She's unlikely to be topping charts anytime soon but she can tour and still get recognised critically. :lakitu: She won.

• Like 3

your atrl career should be over 

• Haha 5

I don't think so. 1 year ago she released Gag Order, and she proved that she still has a passion for music, and even dared to experiment with sounds.

• Like 2

If she ain't pleasing stan twitter/atrl gays with dated bubblegum pop trash straight from 2012 like D-list walmart background music singer doesn't mean she's over, you people are so narrow minded I can't with y'all:rip:

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

This iconic gif from oldATRL 

g3Eo.gif

But in all seriousness, I don't think she chases huge numbers. She has her fans and while their number ain't huge, it will always bring her enough food on the table. 

• Haha 3

Haven't heard about her since timber ngl

BryceG

No. She'll find a great producer that'll find a new style that both clicks creatively and commercially. She's too talented to be wasted. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.