• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Caltrask

• ImpressMeMuch

• WaterDiamonds

11 minute ovation? That's longer than some of her social media "breaks".

But seriously speaking, the movie sounds wild and boldly ambitious.

One part musical, one part crime, one part comedy with a trans theme, and all on a budget of 21 million euros?

The film sounds interesting!

8 hours ago, Caltrask said:

The movie was amazing, one of the favorite for the Palme d'or. It's giving La la land meets Almodovar meets Euphoria. 

She has big screentime but she has supporting role. Zoe Saldana and Karla Sofia are the leads

can you say anything about selena's performance? and how much screen time does she has? i was thinking something between 30 minutes since she's a supporting actress 

I'm going to use some spoilers about Selena's performance (but not the plot)

*SPOILERS*

Spoiler

Sel is a supporting actress because Zoe and Karla are the clear leads but she has a major role and really important towards the last part of the movie. So she has a big screentime but she doesn't appear in the first 20/30 minutes.

The movie is 70% spanish, 30% english and she speaks both languages. Her performance is good, she has funny and villainous moments but I wish she had better songs. El Camiño is cute and the other as well but Zoe had the best songs, with more choregraphy and memorable scenes.

One of her most funny and totally unexpected line is about « how her p**** got destroyed by someone's c*** »

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Josh said:

Umm Martyrs is one of the best French horror films of all time 

It's overrated.

Glad you guys enjoy French movies, most French people agree with me though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TryMe said:

It has songs? It's a musical?

yeah

14 hours ago, Squall said:

You can use your dislikes as much as you want, at the end of the day, most of French movies suck. Of course there would be exceptions, but it's a minority.

:deadbanana2: the way French cinema is literally highly regarded as one of the greatest along with Japanese and American cinema, you seem out of touch, no shade.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

It must feel so awkward to stand there with a camera shoved in front of your face for so long and smile the whole time:deadbanana2:

Btw she looks amazing and if this movie turns out to be a success for her then I'm happy :clap3:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Squall said:

It's overrated.

Glad you guys enjoy French movies, most French people agree with me though.

Just last year we had Anatomy of a Fall, The Animal Kingdom, Je verrai toujours vos visages, The nature of love… all amazing movies :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hmm the negative review on RT so far is from someone i actually used to know irl.

hope the reviews overall end up good.

a queen!

Posted (edited)

Jfc she looks amazing

EDIT: removed link

Edited by ImpressMeMuch

Selegend! She slayed Cannesssss, the outfit is killer and the movies reviews are amazing

AHHHH SELENA!!!! 

Not people saying everyone gets a standing ovation when Cannes is notorious for booing and walking out on movies. A mid ovation is very common, but a +10 minute one bolds really well for the project. She was always a better actress than singer so no surprises

• Like 3

Oh, her ASIB moment is here???! :duca:

Also just read that Camille contributed to the songs, so they're not the usual musical stuff. Very interested

So maybe some critical respect and some critic nominations... this is not oscar friendly movie but it might get her better scripts and and better directors and that oscar nomination down the line. Shes a good actress.

On 5/18/2024 at 3:18 PM, suburbannature said:

The standing o isn't for Selena :deadbanana2:

almost every film at Cannes gets a standing ovation after premiering and then they announce the director/cast while everyone continues to applaud. The shortest standing o last year was 4-5 minutes if I remember correctly. 

She's in a the most acclaimed movie so far in the festival that happens to be a musical in spanish, just be happy for her this could be land on nominations both for singing and acting 

On 5/19/2024 at 7:27 AM, fridayteenage said:

hmm the negative review on RT so far is from someone i actually used to know irl.

hope the reviews overall end up good.

The one that gave that bad review is the same gave the best review to the movie everyone hated that speaks a lot about him

i'm sorry but she's a talentless hack lol

• Thumbs Down 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.