Selena Gomez receives standing ovation at Cannes Film Festival

Save The Day

24 minutes ago, Squall said:

Wait it's a French movie? We always make terrible movies so it's shocking to me :rip: 

"A Prophet" is a ******* masterpiece, put some respect on Jacques Audiard's flawless filmography

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Caltrask

• ImpressMeMuch

• WaterDiamonds

Just now, Eóghan said:

"A Prophet" is a ******* masterpiece, put some respect on Jacques Audiard's flawless filmography

You can use your dislikes as much as you want, at the end of the day, most of French movies suck. Of course there would be exceptions, but it's a minority.

• Thumbs Down 2

the movie had great reception

• Like 1

The ozempic has her looking skinny :jonnycat:

• Thumbs Down 5

The movie was amazing, one of the favorite for the Palme d'or. It's giving La la land meets Almodovar meets Euphoria. 

She has big screentime but she has supporting role. Zoe Saldana and Karla Sofia are the leads

28 minutes ago, Caltrask said:

The movie was amazing, one of the favorite for the Palme d'or. It's giving La la land meets Almodovar meets Euphoria. 

She has big screentime but she has supporting role. Zoe Saldana and Karla Sofia are the leads

She has lead roles coming... but she truly needs a big momentum with a supporting role first (kinda like Emma Stone had). This could be it. 

1 hour ago, Squall said:

You can use your dislikes as much as you want, at the end of the day, most of French movies suck. Of course there would be exceptions, but it's a minority.

Umm Martyrs is one of the best French horror films of all time 

• Like 1

Not me watching the A Year Without rain music video just I saw this thread. An Icon indeed.  :clap3:

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

The standing o isn't for Selena :deadbanana2:

almost every film at Cannes gets a standing ovation after premiering and then they announce the director/cast while everyone continues to applaud. The shortest standing o last year was 4-5 minutes if I remember correctly. 

The film got +12 minutes of applauses so I think it's pretty fair to assume they liked her acting and the film lol

• Like 8

Humble queen :clap3:

Those MTV Movie Awards are yours queen

• Thumbs Down 1

42 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

The film got +12 minutes of applauses so I think it's pretty fair to assume they liked her acting and the film lol

The film was praised for sure, but that's a standard applause time and the title of this thread is disingenuous :deadbanana:

An 11 minute ovation? What is that even? It seems exhausting 

2 hours ago, Squall said:

You're watching the wrong movies. Your country has a robust history in film and arts that you should be proud of, go expand your horizons a bit from the mainstream. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

The film was praised for sure, but that's a standard applause time and the title of this thread is disingenuous :deadbanana:

Not to be nerdy, but again, not really, the second most acclaimed movie only got around 8 minutes, so it's way above the standard cannes applause 😭

there's a gif in there somewhere 

Glad to see Love On songtress winning :clap3:

Actresslena is back!

So proud of her 

5 hours ago, suburbannature said:

The standing o isn't for Selena :deadbanana2:

almost every film at Cannes gets a standing ovation after premiering and then they announce the director/cast while everyone continues to applaud. The shortest standing o last year was 4-5 minutes if I remember correctly. 

Yeah everything gets standing o even the gate down combined with boos. This one was the longest this year so far 10 min+. But it was for the movie and cast not just Selena. 

4 hours ago, Caltrask said:

Does she "speak Spanish" in the movie? I read she also has some songs In the movie 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Not to be nerdy, but again, not really, the second most acclaimed movie only got around 8 minutes, so it's way above the standard cannes applause 😭

The festival isn't even halfway through please be serious. 

And Variety timed it at 9 minutes.

https://variety.com/2024/film/festivals/selena-gomez-emilia-perez-cannes-standing-ovation-1236008254/

Edited by suburbannature

That's kinda cute and good for her, great to see that after several years she's finally in a good position in the acting field, the building show and this will only push her profile further.

Good for her. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.