Why are Lana stans suddenly so obsessed with Lorde?

Kayseri Mantisi

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

so "Taylor fanboy" agrees that collaborating with Post Malone after "Congratulations" is the same thing as collaborating with Taylor Swift in 2024? okay Taylor fanboy thank you :heart:

I haven't read the whole thread to understand what you're implying. :heart:

• Haha 1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bielneira

• Kayseri Mantisi

• RideOrDie

• ontherocks

i'm a Lana main but i'm not even a Lorde hater i actually listen to her a lot. Solar Power was just such a giant piece of turd from an otherwise great discography. it's just fun trolling the good sis @Kayseri Mantisi

kayseriiiii.thumb.gif.c26faf7f32b399bed3

• Thanks 1

I suppose they're aggy that Melodrama is better and more acclaimed than any Lana album.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 hours ago, Shinning said:

I suppose they're aggy that Melodrama is better and more acclaimed than any Lana album.

year-end lists

image.png

image.png

let's try again sweetie :heart:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

year-end lists

image.png

image.png

let's try again sweetie :heart:

This is very balanced lol

Pair it with the fact Melodrama has the higher MC score and it's overall more acclaimed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

They're kind of the new android v iPhone :giraffe:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Shinning said:

This is very balanced lol

Pair it with the fact Melodrama has the higher MC score and it's overall more acclaimed.

2024 daily streams 

Melodrama 858,541

NFR 2,681,861

Outacclaimed AND outstreamed, keep it cute sis

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

2024 daily streams 

Melodrama 858,541

NFR 2,681,861

Outacclaimed AND outstreamed, keep it cute sis

Changing the subject to sales when you know you're wrong. How Swiftie of you.

Edited by Shinning
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

They're kind of the new android v iPhone :giraffe:

Lana being android of course, has all the cool new features years before iPhone pretends to invent them? 

:gaynetcat4:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Shinning said:

Changing the subject to saes when you know you're wrong. How Swiftie of you.

#1 > #2 

451 points > 412 points

Lana has a slightly lower MC score cause she has like 2 hardcore hating publications that drag her score down

But AOTY year end lists include MORE reviews than Metacritic, therefore MORE accurate to see who is MORE acclaimed. I hope that helps 

• Thanks 2

Congrats on the hit thread @Kayseri Mantisi :coffee:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

Congrats on the hit thread @Kayseri Mantisi :coffee:

this is just the start :heart: let's just wait for L4 now and it'll get uglier....

17 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

it'll get uglier....

spacer.png

Lana vs Lorde is just the tumblr version of Taylor vs Gaga

a pointless comparison led by fans who are being fed by their respective artist but still just can't seem to find peace 

7 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

Taylor vs Gaga

you just made that up 

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCOADEOgC8quKqQMa8AEB-AHsBYACngOKAgwIABABGGAgSShyMA8=&rs=AOn4CLBMpVhpZTsHcXW3xCafq7XYgOVQpg

7 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

you just made that up 

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCOADEOgC8quKqQMa8AEB-AHsBYACngOKAgwIABABGGAgSShyMA8=&rs=AOn4CLBMpVhpZTsHcXW3xCafq7XYgOVQpg

I really wish that was the case 

and this was just this weeks version of the same tired thread :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

I really wish that was the case 

and this was just this weeks version of the same tired thread :deadbanana4:

everyone with a huge peak gets compared to gaga's peak... it's not really a taylor vs gaga thing, there's no specific feud going on with those two fanbases is what i mean sis, trust me i'd know :clack:

Posted (edited)

absolutely for all 4 proposed questions. 

Edited by Phaunzie
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

everyone with a huge peak gets compared to gaga's peak... it's not really a taylor vs gaga thing, there's no specific feud going on with those two fanbases is what i mean sis, trust me i'd know :clack:

Oh, yes no feud 

just needlessly compared often, which is what I said! 

9 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

This is so not true. Post Malone was already big and global prior to the HD remix. @Post Malone @Katamari

No, he wasn't. At least, not as much as he became after "rockstar". That one was he's true international hit. "rockstar" was his first #1 hit in countries like US, Canada, Australia, UK etc. "Congratulations" was top 10 only in the US, and after rockstar, it started to become big in other countries like a slow burn.

12 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

#1 > #2 

451 points > 412 points

Lana has a slightly lower MC score cause she has like 2 hardcore hating publications that drag her score down

But AOTY year end lists include MORE reviews than Metacritic, therefore MORE accurate to see who is MORE acclaimed. I hope that helps 

AOTY includes reviews from Anthony Fantano, a YouTuber/streamer with no actual journalism credit, just a camera and thoughts, lol. More reviews included, but less credibility just by having his reviews eligible. I know y'all would literally be saying the same thing if he had not changed his tone on Lana right around the time NFR! dropped. I think it's funny you saying "2 hardcore hating publications" have a vendetta against her cause if it was the other way around with Lorde, you wouldn't be saying this. 

• Thanks 1

The only time I'll ever bring her up is when one of her stans tries to appropriate Lana's legacy and influence and try to pass it as Lorde's when Lorde influenced basically nobody. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, LanaDelRey said:

The only time I'll ever bring her up is when one of her stans tries to appropriate Lana's legacy and influence and try to pass it as Lorde's when Lorde influenced basically nobody. 

"Lorde influenced basically nobody"

Yet, there are a ton of artists, both mainstream and indie, who have professed their admiration and stated that Lorde directly influenced their work. Just to new a few, Olivia Rodrigo (who just this year stated that Lorde still continues to influence her), Gracie Abrams, Tove Lo, Alessia Cara, Troye Sivan, Chappell Roan (who said she was a pivotal artist in her creative direction), etc. One Google search will give you all of this. Just this week, girl in red stated that Lorde was ahead of her time when she dropped Solar Power. Lorde fans are not trying to "appropriate" Lana's legacy when Lorde herself has also been crucial and influential in shaping all these artists, lmfao. Keep hating, @LanaDelRey.

Edited by sway
  • Thanks 2

I'm surprised by this as well, as Lana seems to be doing well and they should happy and content right now.

Perhaps it was the Grammys?

It seems like Lana did everything she could.
- She had a somewhat acclaimed album MC=80
- Her team convinced the Grammys to let her submit in alternative rather than pop.
- She had Grammy winner, Father John Misty and AOTY winner, Jon Batiste on her album.
- She toured in the US during Grammy voting season.
- She had the Grammys favourite producer of the 2020s produce the album.
- She had a feature on a Taylor Swift album, currently the biggest artist in the world, and the song was eligible for Best Pop Duo/Group, but there was no nomination.
- She even went full Zionist signing an open letter supporting Joe Biden's handling of the Gaza war.

But the Grammys said no again and gave awards to Paramore, Boy Genius and Taylor Swift instead.

Were they upset that her Coachella performance was panned?
- while Lorde was praised for her performance on the main stage in 2017.

Or is the problem Jack Antonoff?

Are they not looking forward to a Jack Anonoff produced Cowboy Album?

- Lorde appears to have left Jack
- St. Vincent no longer works with Jack
- sooner or later there will be a new Taylor Swift album come out with no Jack
- Is Lana going to be the only one left?

I'm not sure how Lorde is to blame for any of those things.

On 5/17/2024 at 7:47 AM, ontherocks said:

She's also not easy on the eye. 

Lorde is a natural beauty who needs neither cosmetic surgery or Ozempic.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 5/16/2024 at 3:16 PM, Riverbank said:

The nerve when this exists :skull:

Except this was designed to launch the other stars into the pop sphere and get their name out by tacking it onto one of the more popular pop stars of the time :rip:

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.