Shakira/Karol G beef rumors gain momentum, TQG removed from their official playlists

Talento

3 hours ago, Yuanyu said:

And Karol G sells out stadiums in the US, something Shakira has never achieved.
Not to mention a #1 album in the U.S

And that wouldn't be possible without Shakira laying the framework for her and other Latin artist to have success in the American market with her Spanish and English music  . :coffee2:

• Like 7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shakeyourbombom

• GeeDuval

• dirrtydiana

• Yuanyu

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, K@rm@ said:

And that wouldn't be possible without Shakira laying the framework for her and other Latin artist to have success in the American market with her Spanish and English music  . :coffee2:

:clap3:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is such bs. Stop creating false narratives about these successful women, why are you all awaiting for a catfight between them? That's such loser gay behaviour tbh

Edited by x æ a-xii
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rosenda said:

TQG is literally the first song on Shakira's playlist like are you okay

It's back! Feud over! :clap3:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

Not some Shakira stans in here acting like Karol was such a flop before TQG. The delusion :dies:

how many top 10's did she have in the US before working with Shakira? How many did Shakira have before working with Karol? Exactly. Shakira is responsible for giving Karol her biggest hit of her career AND making her album go #1... unfortunately Shakira was dumb to waste her break up hype on someone else's album.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, x æ a-xii said:

This is such bs. Stop creating false narratives about these successful women, why are you all awaiting for a catfight between them? That's such loser gay behaviour tbh

Don't all fan bases do that though? Like they get a rush when they see their fave being shady, bey pissed off on stage cause the light didn't go on "somebody getting fireddddddd" for example, Nicki vs cardi. Etc. :gaycat5:

It's just the salty shady culture amongst geys it's never gonna end. Some gays love drama. Our faves know that as well hence why they will never admit or deny anything. they let the fans kill themselves lol :ryan3:

Edited by GeeDuval
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

how many top 10's did she have in the US before working with Shakira? How many did Shakira have before working with Karol? Exactly. Shakira is responsible for giving Karol her biggest hit of her career AND making her album go #1... unfortunately Shakira was dumb to waste her break up hype on someone else's album.

Yes, and waiting over a year later thinking people would still be interested in her breakup — only to add 8 new songs to her album. :gaycat7:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Yes, and waiting over a year later thinking people would still be interested in her breakup — only to add 8 new songs to her album. :gaycat7:

And she's releasing her last breakup song in a few weeks. She doesn't realize people are TIRED. 

• Thumbs Down 1

ooh shakicabra dont make that face, karol g the new queen of latin pop

• Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, vuelve88 said:

Μost of them being old reworked demos or songs meant for other people's albums :rip:

58 minutes ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

ooh shakicabra dont make that face, karol g the new queen of latin pop

Latin pop or reggaeton? I don't see any longevity there though if you're talking about Latin Pop, Rosalia is far more creative and can basically work any genre of music and make it hers just like Shakira has.

karol like I said love her, but everything she does will fall under the reggaeton umbrella. It gets old, just like bad bunny.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Latin pop or reggaeton? I don't see any longevity there though if you're talking about Latin Pop, Rosalia is far more creative and can basically work any genre of music and make it hers just like Shakira has.

karol like I said love her, but everything she does will fall under the reggaeton umbrella. It gets old, just like bad bunny.

girl ik but both of them are doing reggaeton and if you see the metrics, there's no latin pop anymore latin pop is dead and have been consumed by reggaeton. 

6 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

And the US charts matter because...?? The US doesn't reflect her global popularity. Karol was dominating the global Spotify charts long before the Shakira collab, and all of this with YouTube actually being her strongest streaming platform. But if we're going to center it all in just the US, she's more of a longevity artist rather than a peaks one, judging by her amazing certifications in there. As a Shakira stan you must know a top 10 in the US doesn't really matter since it took Shakira 17 years to get one since Hips Don't Lie :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

And the US charts matter because...?? The US doesn't reflect her global popularity. Karol was dominating the global Spotify charts long before the Shakira collab, and all of this with YouTube actually being her strongest streaming platform. But if we're going to center it all in just the US, she's more of a longevity artist rather than a peaks one, judging by her amazing certifications in there. As a Shakira stan you must know a top 10 in the US doesn't really matter since it took Shakira 17 years to get one since Hips Don't Lie :coffee2:

Whenever Wherever and Underneath Your Clothes are both Top 10s. They are classics everywhere, including the US nowadays (without topping Hot 100).

Karol is dominating the Global Spotify chart, backed up by Spanish speaking Latin countries.

Meanwhile, Shakira's Spotify numbers are supported by other non-Spanish speaking countries as well.

spacer.png

2. US

5. Brazil

6. Germany

7. France

10. UK

(Half of the her most supportive Top 10 countries are non-Spanish)

Shakira received Diamond certifications or a million sold record from the following countries:

Canada

Sweden

Brazil

Mexico

Colombia

France

Argentina

US (Latin) 

Spain

US

Germany

UK

Laundry Service is not far from reaching Diamond in Australia. Waka Waka will be Diamond in Italy (and France) if she updates the certification.

Meanwhile, Karol only achieved this in Mexico and the US. Colombia and Argentina maybe but the certification is incomplete there.

She can't even break into Brazil which is not easy at all for latin artists to do so. Brazil doesn't listen to Spanish music.

Karol is thriving (which I'm happy for her) in her own comfort zone. Don't get me wrong, I had Contingo on repeat.

Edited by shakeyourbombom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Whenever Wherever and Underneath Your Clothes are both Top 10s. They are classics everywhere, including the US nowadays (without topping Hot 100).

Karol is dominating the Global Spotify chart, backed up by Spanish speaking Latin countries.

Meanwhile, Shakira's Spotify numbers are supported by other non-Spanish speaking countries as well.

spacer.png

2. US

5. Brazil

6. Germany

7. France

10. UK

(Half of the her most supportive Top 10 countries are non-Spanish)

Shakira received Diamond certifications or a million sold record from the following countries:

Canada

Sweden

Brazil

Mexico

Colombia

France

Argentina

US (Latin) 

Spain

US

Germany

UK

Laundry Service is not far from reaching Diamond in Australia. Waka Waka will be Diamond in Italy (and France) if she updates the certification.

Meanwhile, Karol only achieved this in Mexico and the US. Colombia and Argentina maybe but the certification is incomplete there.

She can't even break into Brazil which is not easy at all for latin artists to do so. Brazil doesn't listen to Spanish music.

Karol is thriving (which I'm happy for her) in her own comfort zone. Don't get me wrong, I had Contingo on repeat.

I know that, I just find funny how some people act as if Shakira put Karol on the map when she was already having success long before TQG and was the biggest female latin artist around 2020-2022 :lakitu:

The feud seems so silly. So some fans are mad Karol G's music is more popular now, and she's the new queen of Latin music? Did they expect Shakira to be #1 forever? She had a good and long run, and it's ok if Karol G takes the spot now; eventually, another girl will best her, too.

1 hour ago, BrokenMachine said:

I know that, I just find funny how some people act as if Shakira put Karol on the map when she was already having success long before TQG and was the biggest female latin artist around 2020-2022 :lakitu:

As an Asian, I didn't know Karol G before TQG.

For sure she was huge before TQG in LATAM. But I personally didn't know who she is before collaborating with Shakira.

I found out Tusa was also huge in LATAM, especially Mexico afterwards.

What is the feud about? Shakira has always been so unproblematic and so is Karol G from what I know. What happened? 

TQG is literally the first song on Shakira's playlist :rip: