It Ends With Us | Blake Lively & Justin Baldoni | August 9th | Trailer Out

okgo

Not to put my tin foil hat on, but does anyone else find these numbers weird? Literally nobody I know is talking about the movie and the only discourse online is how insufferable Ryan and Blake have become.

• Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Taylor fanboy

• Broken

• shyboi

21 minutes ago, Tylerbv said:

Not to put my tin foil hat on, but does anyone else find these numbers weird? Literally nobody I know is talking about the movie and the only discourse online is how insufferable Ryan and Blake have become.

No. Women exist and have interests 

6 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

No. Women exist and have interests 

Girl most of my friends are women and not a single one is even minorly interested in this.

When the trailer played in theatres, people legit were laughing

• Like 1

Its a very popular book and there hasn't been a big movie for women in awhile. Makes sense it did well but 50m is pretty big. 

The movie itself is not bad. It's like a notch above a Lifetime movie lol but I think the handling of domestic abuse was done relatively well

I'm more interested in the BTS drama. Like why is no one following Justin on IG? No press photos together between the two leads? Jenny dodging the question about him. Colleen not acknowledging him

9 hours ago, stochastic said:

I'm more interested in the BTS drama. Like why is no one following Justin on IG? No press photos together between the two leads? Jenny dodging the question about him. Colleen not acknowledging him

queen Dan humphrey'd him.

q1k8aujvq5e61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by fridayteenage

At the end of the day Baldoni directed the movie and it's a big success

Although everyone in the cast is ignoring him, he's saying nothing but good things about them. He's smart, he was probably hard to work with as a director and a dick to everyone but not to the point where he did or say something out of line that could get him in trouble, otherwise it would've long come out by now. 

Blake Lively and her entourage have power in Hollywood, I think they lowkey tried to blackball him out of the press tour but they underestimated that he has no fucks to give.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 9:57 PM, ALA said:

but I think the handling of domestic abuse was done relatively well

Some parts, yes. But it barely focused on the domestic abuse, it basically brushed over it in like three scenes. 

I'm sorry but they didn't handle the domestic abuse well.

A 2 hour movie where ONLY 10min TOPS deal with the topic and the rest is basically a romantic comedy. What were the trying to do ? :biblio:

On 8/11/2024 at 11:10 AM, Tylerbv said:

i think its a panned in urban metros but a middle america type hit like sound of freedom and american sniper. 

Pleasantly surprised I liked it!

Just a cute melodrama moment and not really a rom-com nor a deep and serious domestic violence social commentary. 

biggest non-genre-y Star Vehicles for some other notable actresses

Emma - La La Land $151 (+Ryan) 

Jennifer - Silver Linings Playbook $132 (+Bradley)

Rachel - The Vow $125 (+Channing)

Saoirse - Little Women $108

Amanda - Dear John $80 (+Channing) 

Margot - I Tonya $30

This needs to win the oscar for best original screenplay.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blake's acting just wasn't on the same level as Justin Baldoni's, and her constant nervous laughter was so ******* distracting. Everything was so cutesy and airbrushed it felt like a music video depiction of domestic violence. All these characters who would've been born in the 80s all had such unusual and modern names and naming conventions it completely took me out of it all. 

fifty shades $166

it ends with us $145

fault in our stars $125

fifty shades ii $114

fifty shades III $100

notebook $81

Dear John $80

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.