Atlantic Records threatens Cardi B with releasing her album: we will take it

punisher

47 minutes ago, ihavequestions said:

What do y'all think? 

Is it coming out or not? 

Are all these shenanigans a marketing strategy to get people to talk about it? 

looks like marketing strategy to me :bunny:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• REDMAN

• ImpressMeMuch

• punisher

• concubine

She most likely did this interview and shoot weeks ago which tells me the album was supposed to be rolling out and already announced for June. That clearly isn't happening right now so this cover and promo ends up being another expensive waste :rip:

• Haha 3

Carbs are you not embarrassed? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, REDMAN said:

Very irresponsible of her to use her platform to publicly admit she's not voting. Please do not follow her example and VOTE in November.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GeminiCat said:

She most likely did this interview and shoot weeks ago which tells me the album was supposed to be rolling out and already announced for June. That clearly isn't happening right now so this cover and promo ends up being another expensive waste :rip:

MTE lol.  

Makes sense given BET experience and everything too.  

• Like 2

Do it Atlantic  :clap3:

Times flies fast. Look how things changed. She interviewed Biden in 2020 when WAP was smashing we still don't have an album :dies: 

I guess she doesn't like Joe B anymore  :skull: 

The Hill on X: "Nicki Minaj on Trump: "There are some points he has made"  https://t.co/kcWjV93f59 https://t.co/6WVJRNa73K" / X

(as long as she doesn't say Trump made some points, he's hilarious, then everything is good)

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

Very irresponsible of her to use her platform to publicly admit she's not voting. Please do not follow her example and VOTE in November.

I agrih

Vote Jill Stein or Sexyy Red for President 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, REDMAN said:

Why are the responses so crazy?

Edited by SmittenCake
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

How could you like Biden after his clear and unwavering support of genocide? 

I love how candid she is. I don't get caught up in artists extreme emotions, because a good artist feels passionately and changes often. The simpletons really couldn't relate. 

This is so similar to how all the greats work. SZA hates everything and her label threatens her and. She ends up with one of the most acclaimed albums of the decade. Breaking billboard records left and right.  

so is it that the Barbz can't comprehend a big picture perspective, or that making something genuine is filled with self doubt and complex emotion. Or are they acting daft on purpose for a kii. Either way Yall look small brained. It's weirdddddd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wish she'd stop letting fear be such a

motivator in her actions. I feel like she allows social media to get too in her head

She's a reality star. She's not an artist. The industry allowed for someone with no talents to enter the industry.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Mornings said:

How could you like Biden after his clear and unwavering support of genocide? 

I love how candid she is. I don't get caught up in artists extreme emotions, because a good artist feels passionately and changes often. The simpletons really couldn't relate. 

This is so similar to how all the greats work. SZA hates everything and her label threatens her and. She ends up with one of the most acclaimed albums of the decade. Breaking billboard records left and right.  

so is it that the Barbz can't comprehend a big picture perspective, or that making something genuine is filled with self doubt and complex emotion. Or are they acting daft on purpose for a kii. Either way Yall look small brained. It's weirdddddd

my favorite part of the artistic process is wishing death on my fans mothers and body shaming them too! you are so right :heart:

6 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

my favorite part of the artistic process is wishing death on my fans mothers and body shaming them too! you are so right :heart:

I know, it's kind of hard to be consistently level headed and well rounded.

I'm sure you've never seen the kind of vitriolic language "fans" spew at their "favorite artists" on Twitter either huh? But yeah not only am I right about the artistic process, but also about the daft comments!

3 minutes ago, Mornings said:

I know, it's kind of hard to be consistently level headed and well rounded.

I'm sure you've never seen the kind of vitriolic language "fans" spew at their "favorite artists" on Twitter either huh? But yeah not only am I right about the artistic process, but also about the daft comments!

I don't think the SZA comparison is at all earned - tho tbh I don't know a ton about her. From what I do know, her lies tend to be harmless and she puts out... art. Cardi is struggling to put out anything with a new sound / not about Ops, and is releasing stuff cut years ago. 

I don't buy making excuses for **** behavior. For Cardi or Nicki for that matter, since you're talking about the barbz. 

also, excusing a celebrity's behavior because of the way anonymous stan accounts speak about an artist on twitter is absolutely ridiculous :deadbanana4:

She should log off, and do better. 

9 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

I don't think the SZA comparison is at all earned - tho tbh I don't know a ton about her. From what I do know, her lies tend to be harmless and she puts out... art. Cardi is struggling to put out anything with a new sound / not about Ops, and is releasing stuff cut years ago. 

I don't buy making excuses for **** behavior. For Cardi or Nicki for that matter, since you're talking about the barbz. 

You dismissing someone's creative output because you don't like it is all we need to know about the value of this discussion. There are lots of people dislike personally who have inspired generation of people. Continuing a creative discussion is really all it takes to make art. As soon as you have even an audience of one, your art is known and valid.  

SZA has a notoriously contentious relationship with her music and its consumption. and with the "fans" demanding she share it with them. This is what I was comparing. 

If Stan Twitter can dish out the nastiest garbage thoughts I've ever read, then they really should be able to easily take it.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Mornings said:

You dismissing someone's creative output because you don't like it is all we need to know about the value of this discussion. There are lots of people dislike personally who have inspired generation of people. Continuing a creative discussion is really all it takes to make art. As soon as you have even an audience of one, your art is known and valid.  

.... what? This conversation isn't about about liking or disliking some one or their music. I like Enough actually. I said it is not evolving her sound, and that she keeps rapping about the same thing (ops). 

We obviously aren't connecting on this so I'll hop off here. Be well!

Edited by ImpressMeMuch

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

Dddd the gay intern at Atlantic said Enough is ENOUGH

but i thought she was shelved

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I'll believe her when I'd be able to press play on Spotify, otherwise...

:clack:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, REDMAN said:

Just when I stopped hating her she gives me a new reason

Edited by makeme
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

DS"FJASDF the title the mods chose for the merge :suburban: shady queens!

11 hours ago, makeme said:

Just when I stopped hating her she gives me a new reason

Is she supposed to be dick sucking a genocide funder?:skull:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.