Victoria's Secret Fashion Show will return in the fall after four-year hiatus

Gwendolyn

The "angels" are returning to the runway.

Victoria's Secret said Wednesday that its once-celebrated fashion show will return after the retailer canceled it in 2019 due to poor ratings and a slew of controversies.

The lingerie brand, which was founded in 1977, was the subject of a 2020 New York Times investigation that detailed an alleged culture of misogyny at the company. A spokesperson for L Brands, the former parent company of Victoria's Secret, told the publication at the time that it's "'intensely focused' on corporate governance, workplace and compliance practices and that it had 'made significant strides.'"

Victoria's Secret has also faced criticism for its lack of inclusivity. In November 2018, Ed Razek, then-chief marketing officer for L Brands, came under fire for saying that he did not think the brand should include "transsexuals" in its runway show.

The company split from L Brands in 2021 and has since made efforts to revamp its approach and become relevant to women again. It overhauled its image and incorporated more diverse, body-positive models in its campaigns, including the launch of a revamped, partially revived filmed version of a fashion show for Prime Video in 2023.

"We've read the comments and heard you," the company wrote in an Instagram post on Wednesday. "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is BACK and will reflect who we are today, plus everything you know and love—the glamour, runway, wings, musical entertainment, and more! Stay tuned…it only gets more iconic from here."

https://www.instagram.com/victoriassecret/reel/C6_M3JcPY77/

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/victorias-secret-fashion-show-to-return-rcna152406

--- 

I personally always liked the fashion show, I will tune in if the looks serve and the performing lineup is good.

They are full of s***. They've rehired Adriana, Doutzen, and Naomi, but not Tyra or Heidi. 

Tyra and Heidi put the VS show on the map. Naomi is still working behind the scenes to hurt Tyra.

I feel like it's gonna flop like last time because no one really checks on VS like that

And then people will make "go woke go broke" thinkpieces on twitter as if it wasn't a dead brand for a while now :dies:

• Like 2

We need Shawn Mendes, Harry Styles, Michael B. Jordan, Gregg Sulkin, Glen Powell, Jacob Elordi, and Jay Shetty to walk during the fashion show

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, discosean said:

We need Shawn Mendes, Harry Styles, Michael B. Jordan, Gregg Sulkin, Glen Powell, Jacob Elordi, and Jay Shetty to walk during the fashion show

In the female lingerie show…

• Haha 4

Yess the show was iconic! Bring back the incredible performances. 

Wonder if they'll have Sabrina perform? If she gets another big hit before it happens, there's a good chance

3 hours ago, Opulence said:

Yes. The women and the gays need something to look at. And the show should be inclusive. 

3 hours ago, Opulence said:

They can wear lingerie :suburban:

yeah but we are going to be more inclusivity, everywhere not only at their sh*** fashion show 

This is my superbowl. I'm sorry. As a kid I used to be obsessed with the VS show. But I never watched the VS show in collaboration with Amazon (?). 

I always wondered how they could be so happy and so thin. Now I know it was all smoking mirrors. 

I hope this time around it's more inclusive. Because besides all the angels, there was also a lot of impressive craftmanship. 

I hope they give a big girl her wings this year. 

Nobody will top this:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.