Does Mandy Moore have one of the best careers for a Y2K pop girl?

Josh

Of all the pop girls who came after Britney, Christina and Destiny's Child debuted; Mandy Moore has had a fantastic career in acting and some terrific gems in pop music like this

• Like 2

Her and Brie Larson

• Like 1

What does she do.

Just now, LCTV said:

What does she do.

She just finished one of the most successful night time shows; This is Us and has iconic roles like The Princess Diaries, A Walk to Remember

Absolutely :heart: And she keeps releasing music even though she knows it's not for the masses. I love her so much. :heart:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCTV said:

What does she do.

The disrespect :deadbanana: You better educate yourself on The Mandy Moore!

Posted (edited)

Low key Hilary Duff is up there too. (is she in the cut off for y2k gurls)

Edited by LCTV
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

She just finished one of the most successful night time shows; This is Us and has iconic roles like The Princess Diaries, A Walk to Remember

She was also the lead in Tangled. Her career proves that you can have a successful career without chasing charts. ATRL trolls need to learn that all the MPGs we discuss are successful. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XDNA said:

She was also the lead in Tangled. Her career proves that you can have a successful career without chasing charts. ATRL trolls need to learn that all the MPGs we discuss are successful. 

She's one of the few pop girls who transitioned very well into acting without it looking forced

I watched Tangled like 100 times cuz it was one of the only movies on my computer. Didn't know she was the voice. :clap3:

Yes! Mandy had bops during her pop days and her newer music is good, too. None of the girls were bringing it like Wild Hope, Amanda Leigh and Silver Landings.

Not only is her music good but she has transitioned into acting successfully with Tangled and This is Us, which has landed her an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Not everyone has that to their name. :clap3:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CityPop said:

Yes! Mandy had bops during her pop days and her newer music is good, too. None of the girls were bringing it like Wild Hope, Amanda Leigh and Silver Landings.

Not only is her music good but she has transitioned into acting successfully with Tangled and This is Us, which has landed her an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Not everyone has that to their name. :clap3:

Her guest appearance on Grey's Anatomy is one of the best episodes on the show

• Like 3

She's so under appreciated :jonnycat:

She was always my fave in the Brit/Xtina/Jessica era. She has such good music too :katie2:

I like that she lays low and does her music when she feels like it and really flourishes in acting. She does her own thing in her own little lane. I can see why her and Hilary are besties :allears:

• Like 2

Her and Hilary. They stayed sane, do their job, have family, no drunk nights out, no drugs and shaved heads, just them living

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This Is Us ended in 2022. What major roles has she had since? 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Her guest appearance on Grey's Anatomy is one of the best episodes on the show

Omg I forgot she was on Grey's :cries:

You know that when a Mandy Moore character is dying, there will be uncontrollable sobbing! :cries2:

She plays dying girl/woman so well! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tropez said:

She was on that show for 6 years not you acting like 2022 was such a long time ago. She's been working non stop she deserves a break.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tropez said:

She just had a starring role in season 2 of Dr. Death. She filmed it after she gave birth. She's been working. 

18 minutes ago, Power love said:

She was on that show for 6 years not you acting like 2022 was such a long time ago. She's been working non stop she deserves a break.

This plus she's 40 and has a family :rip:

• Haha 1

I used to be soooo obsessed with Mandy when she first debuted. I had her CDs. The girls in middle school all loved her too and performed her songs at the school talent shows. A time to be alive!

• Like 2

I think her never reaching the same peaks as Britney and Christina really helped her stay grounded. Jessica also left the industry for the most part and stuck to building her nearly billion dollar brand. Poor Mandy though, she was in such an abusive relationship that basically kept her off of music and acting for nearly a decade.

she ended Britney and Xtina the moment she released A Walk To Remember i'm afraid :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, BornUnbroken said:

I think her never reaching the same peaks as Britney and Christina really helped her stay grounded. Jessica also left the industry for the most part and stuck to building her nearly billion dollar brand. Poor Mandy though, she was in such an abusive relationship that basically kept her off of music and acting for nearly a decade.

Wasn't Jessica more bullied out of the industry due to her persona as the air head?

Queen Rapunzel did THAT :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.