Rita Ora - "Ask & You Shall Receive"

YoungDreamer

"I made some new songs in New Zealand [...] I had time to write. I really tapped into my artistic side, and it kinda fits the visuals. Everything feels a bit more left, a little bit risky for me. I tried to challenge myself, sonically. It's way darker, more mysterious. It feels different for me. There's nothing like this single [Ask & You Shall Receive], because the single is so upbeat and summery, but I just wanted to give people something really positive for the summer. Then, gradually, go into winter."

"If you look at my catalogue, I've done a lot, so I wanted to do try and do something I've never done before."

• Thanks 2

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• YoungDreamer

• alexaalto

• Nefertiti0

I hope she'll actually release that :monkey:

On 7/9/2024 at 7:01 AM, Nefertiti0 said:

"I made some new songs in New Zealand [...] I had time to write. I really tapped into my artistic side, and it kinda fits the visuals. Everything feels a bit more left, a little bit risky for me. I tried to challenge myself, sonically. It's way darker, more mysterious. It feels different for me. There's nothing like this single [Ask & You Shall Receive], because the single is so upbeat and summery, but I just wanted to give people something really positive for the summer. Then, gradually, go into winter."

"If you look at my catalogue, I've done a lot, so I wanted to do try and do something I've never done before."

so basically ask & you shall receive is just a cute single for the summer and it won't be part of her next record from what i got...

• 2 weeks later...

Ora says that "Ask & You Shall Receive" is indicative of an album that she's currently working on. "This album is something I'm actually really excited about," she shared. "I'm spending the rest of the year making it. I'm feeling super, super inspired creatively, just having that essence of feeling a bit like not everything is perfect, which was kind of my motive with this. Everything's just a bit left like that. Sonically, feeling a bit darker, a bit more spicy, a bit more aggressive, just getting in my like, uncomfortable era."

hopefully the album drops next spring:jonny5:

should someone create an music news thread for her to release a new album next year:-*

i really enjoy this song working out at the gym

She needs to advance to the next single! Do the insiders know what's the next single? Is quite good?

• 4 weeks later...

next single around Christmas

yeah always happy to hear her doing music, I just hope it isn't a christmas song if it comes before christmas

christmas is always a tricky time to release music but still, can't wait!

ask & you shall receive is cute in a capital fm radio kind of way…she really needs something out of the box to catch some attention again because the pandemic was not nice to her reputation at all and her label support dwindled bad too. She was never an album seller but she always snagged a european top 10 every year

:clack:

wouldn't mind the next album to be bang-esque:katie2:

Edited by alexaalto

OMG I'm so excited

Can't for the life of me make sense of why she didn't push the dark club sound of Bang further, that was legit her one chance at paving her own lane and it was her only 'cool popstar' moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.