• Post Malone

• alexaalto

glad she's moving on from that dreadfully boring album…give us dance bops now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Summer gay anthem, incoming?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That last album was so bad. Hopefully that was just a transitional record and she's doing something much better for RO4

• Like 1

Oh really? A new soundtrack for shopping malls is coming:duca:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I've read Rihanna :rip:

• Haha 1

She doesn't give up, does she? :deadbanana2:

I mean Phoenix was basically my album when it came out but the one after it was so bad and flopped so horribly, im surprised she's even attempting to release again :rip:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I loved You Only Love Me, rip 

• Thanks 1

Hmmm. 

It's not until she kinda just said it herself that it finally occurred to me what the two main disconnects may have been with the last era: in the public's eyes, she's all but completely transitioned out of music and is now seen as a host AND (as such) she didn't really perform anywhere of note. 

It's 100% clear that she doesn't have an actual audience (of notable or impactful size). Any never did. She pretty much relies on GP favor and the momentum of her promotion.

Mid-2010s Rita kept the pedal to the metal with her music career and maintained a certain level of music notability because of it, but as that naturally waned (see: no dedicated base, change of labels) she dived even more into her true money makers (hosting, brand deals, films, TV etc). 

So, while promotion doesn't necessarily move the needle today like it used to, momentum is still everything. Once she ejected herself from the festival, touring, Jingle Bell/Summer Ball circuit, she ejected herself from GP consciousness. 

And yes, that last album was terrible, which obviously doesn't help things. 

She's an odd one for me, because I actually think she's hyper-aware of her predicament and simply makes the right pivots towards what makes her the most $$$. 

She's a true hustler and music (in hindsight) really feels like it was her "in". Her true passion seems to be being in the spotlight and flipping that into whatever the best $$$ opportunity is at any given time. It's not conventionally "noble" nor is it really respected in an industry that celebrates "inspired artistry". But, again, I think there is something kinda sorta commendable about Rita's rather aggressive approach to "winning" no matter what. 

I just wish the music was better. It'd make her whole story, highs, lows, etc feel a bit more invest-worthy.

• Like 5

it's Sunday

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

Summer gay anthem, incoming?

She's doing the debut performance at Mighty Hoopla so it better be a record for the queens!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GustavoBardusco said:

The essay caught me off guard she's just releasing a song 

Shade lol. 

I've a) followed her story a fair bit b) actually like her c) recognize what the issues with her brand/career have been the entire time. 

Your thread title positons the song as her lead/comeback, so it just got me...thinking :-)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nefertiti0 said:

it's Sunday

• Haha 6

she's like a mini christina aguilera from what i've been told about her behind the scenes, and it shows... the state of her career is the proof

Spoiler

cf93f525-6b54-4c6b-be15-f46dae3ba311_tex

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Cbreezy said:

Shade lol. 

I've a) followed her story a fair bit b) actually like her c) recognize what the issues with her brand/career have been the entire time. 

Your thread title positons the song as her lead/comeback, so it just got me...thinking :-)

I know I've always saw your comments on her threads, I was just surprised lol 

But I do agree with some of your thoughts 

• Like 2

give us another BANG Rita :heart:

• Like 1

Didn't she say her last album would be her final one or did I misremember that?

• Confused 1

I didn't have Mighty Hoopla shoutout on The Kelly Clarkson Show on my 2024 bingo card

• Like 1

Phoenix is one of my most listened albums of all time and has a great replay value to me still:heart:

And gotta say You & I is one of my favorite albums last year! Girl In The Mirror and Look At Me Now are the only songs I'm not so keen on, everything else including the deluxe tracks are soo good! Unfeel It, Don't Think Twice and Rest Of My Life might be one of my favorite from her whole catalogue

but I would love an album like phoenix/bang full of electronic bops from her:alexz3:

hopefully this era/album comes as fast as the last and won't get dragged years. Y&I rollout was great in terms of sticking to the plan releasing the singles and album even tho the singles didn't do that well. more promo would've been nice tho

so excited to have more music from her!

• Like 1

and I really do hope this is a lead single and not just a droplet:dies:

• Like 1

watch it being Descendants: The Rise of Red (Original Soundtrack) related

• Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

watch it being Descendants: The Rise of Red (Original Soundtrack) related

Oh they announced this already and it drops in July... One of the "songs" has less than a minute while the other is with Brandy and the other two girls from the movie so yeah I think she won't be teasing this for Mighty Hoopla lol

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2024/04/26/descendants-the-rise-of-red-soundtrack-album-announced/

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.