• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• Jamie Starr

• liquiddiamonds

• Wicked

Alanis and Radiohead :clap3: 

• Like 1

I know they probably think limiting one album per artist is more fair and makes for a more interesting, varied list blah blah blah, but tbh I think it's lowkey the opposite :sorry: Why should artists be punished for their greatness…  Maybe the other artists to whom it's more "fair" to should have tried harder to strike luck twice (or three, four, five times ahem) :gayorkcat2:

Surprised to see It Tales a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back. Even most hip-hop fans would probably forget to put this on their list. 1000% deserved tho.

They kinda eating so far so for Nirvana I better see the superior In Utero making the list. 

So my top 10 predictions, wonder how many will i get :suburban:

bob dylan album - blonde on blonde / blood on the tracks

Bowie - ziggy

beatles - sgt. peppers

t swift - 1989 / RED directly above blue to piss off joni fans

joni mitchell - blue

kendrick - tpab

kanye - mbdtf

MJ - thriller

Marvin Gaye - whats going on

Miles Davis - kind of blue

50 minutes ago, theboyismine said:

Prince? Idk if he's already been included, but there's no way Purple Rain isn't making it in the top 20

Signs was number 51. If it's his only entry :rip: bye

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FolkLover1989 said:

I am 100% sure Taylor is not making this list. I don't know why people are pissed already lol

Highly unlikely. If Lorde, Gaga and Lana made it, I can't see Taylor not making it since american critics love her music in general and she has at least three projects that are celebrated enough to make a top 100 list (Folklore, 1989 and Red). She was also Apple Music top streaming artist of last year, one of their biggest draws and one of the most successful artists of the last 20 years. If Drake made the cut with Take Care…

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bends said:

Def Lauryn Hill for Top 10.

Same happened in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. She was their highest ranking female bar Joni. If there's someone that can upset Blue in this list is Lauryn tbh

My top ten predictions in no order: 

Rumours, Blue, Thriller, What's Going On, The White Album, TPAB, ziggy stardust, miseducation, purple rain, kind of blue 

I'm interested to see what they go with between 1989/Red/Folklore since I can see an argument for all 3.

hoping live through this gets an upset sneak into the top 30 :bird:

2 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

I'm interested to see what they go with between 1989/Red/Folklore since I can see an argument for all 3.

I don't think she's making the top 100 at all.

13 minutes ago, Feanor said:

I don't think she's making the top 100 at all.

Unfortunately, I think she will :dancehall2:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, politeone said:

What do you think happened with those other albums included, they also were charting and earning units in their respective years and no one probably thought this is one of the best things ever in its field, until later. If anything, they continued to be relevant over the years and people slowly realised that they have proven themselves, same thing with ANTI, we just knew that it was a great and kept listening and so have the critics and industry people who put this album in there. I don't understand why it is especially unworthy? Could it be because you may not respect the artist?

I think there are less than good 5 so gs on Anti

Love on the brain

Needed you

(that's it for me)

But I guess you could add Work and Kiss it better butI don't know I just don't see it

But it must be me because I feel like that for a lot of these albums 😅

If they include Back to Black I forgive them :alexz2:

Y'all sleeping on Daft Punk

Not dedicated side a/b, the loneliest time/the loveliest time yet :suburban:

I expect emotion in the top10

• Like 1

Camila Obama Cabello

drake should have 2 albums in the top10 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, Wicked said:

Pleasantly surprised these made the list, Enter the Wu-Tang could be top 20 tho knowing the mess they gonna put ahead of it.

absolutely thought we'd see them at some point but if this was any good they'd be way higher

• Thanks 1

Bey's self-titled. :clap3:

It's been really intriguing following this list gradually getting revealed. I'm so happy Janet got her due recognition :heart:

It seems they're sticking to one album per artist, which is the correct approach for a top 100 selection (unlike Rolling Stone's list which expands it to 500 projects). So with that in mind, here's who I'm expecting to see in the top 30:

- Michael Jackson (most likely "Thriller", but I could see an "Off The Wall" surprise)

- The Beatles 

- The Beach Boys ("Pet Sounds")

- Nirvana

- Marvin Gaye ("What's Going On" - #1 on Rolling Stone's updated list)

- Lauryn Hill ("The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill)

- Joni Mitchell ("Blue")

- Amy Winehouse ("Back To Black")

- David Bowie

- Bob Dylan

- Kendrick Lamar ("To Pimp A Butterfly", if there's a 21st century album making the top 10, it's this one)

- Kanye West (most likely "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy")

- Frank Ocean

- Fleetwood Mac ("Rumours")

- Pink Floyd

in no particular order, of course. These are less guaranteed, but would make sense based on what has been revealed so far:

- Led Zeppelin

- Bruce Springsteen

- Fiona Apple

- Daft Punk

- Taylor Swift (already overranked in the top 30, but I really hope it's "folklore", even though "Red" or "1989" are just as likely)

- Miles Davis

- Simon & Garfunkel

I'm already accepting that Adele is getting ignored, because as wonderful as "21" is, with 100 picks it's understandable that "Back To Black" gets prioritized as the definitive album of this wave. Not gonna lie, though, I am a bit annoyed seeing Mariah Carey and The Weeknd getting snubbed. "Butterfly"/"The Emancipation Of Mimi" and "After Hours"/"House Of Balloons" would be strong picks lower down this list, especially over some of their contemporaries that made it instead, but now it's too late. Granted, I haven't listened to "Take Care" in full yet outside the singles, but I find it somewhat frustrating that a project that had its fair share of influences from The Weeknd's Trilogy mixtapes (even directly so through Abel's writing and production credits on three tracks) gets all the recognition for the Toronto R&B sound while The Weeknd's discography is shockingly overlooked in these all-time lists.

Also, I would have liked to see at least one more album representing country alongside "Golden Hour". Chris Stapleton's "Traveller" would be a strong pick for that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I really want to see Blackout in the list but not sure how likely that is at this point. I still remember it making the Guardian's 100 Best Albums Of The 21st Century (at #39) five years ago and I feel like appreciation for it has only grown since then.

Edited by Madaboutmusic

Like a Prayer over Ray of Light....

:suburban:

Control over TVR/RN is a bold move, especially if it's the only Janet album I see on the list. There's a few questionable choices for me but it's still a solid list so far.

Some people actually think the album queen, Taylor Swift, won't make it :ahh: 

nnnn yeah, Taylor singlehandedly makes up a genre-sized chunk of Apple Music streams at this point, there's no way she won't be on the list :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.