Apple Music reveals its 100 Best Albums list

Garbaj

Solange's ASATT was a classic on the first listen. Well deserved!

One thing about a top 100's list - Bey and Solo will be present :clap3:

• Like 1

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• Jamie Starr

• liquiddiamonds

• Wicked

igor better be there if flower boy got in already

2 hours ago, JackOfHearts said:

I hope there's a total snub for Taylor, honestly. She has not made "great" music, she has made "sate the masses" music and won undeserved awards for her output. And over-saturated the market with her mediocre content. 

That being said, I won't be surprised seeing her here. I won't deny her grip on the necks of white girls, white gays, white folks in general.

folklore is great music sis. Truthfully Red is too. I don't care for 1989 but it also gets a lot of acclaim and it's likely to be here too. But if there's any 1 or 2 albums she's made that are truly great contributions to music as a whole it's folklore & evermore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

folklore is great music sis. Truthfully Red is too. I don't care for 1989 but it also gets a lot of acclaim and it's likely to be here too. But if there's any 1 or 2 albums she's made that are truly great contributions to music as a whole it's folklore & evermore.

you honestly think of the Top 100 albums OF ALL TIME Taylor will have 3? :laugh:

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, spree said:

you honestly think of the Top 100 albums OF ALL TIME Taylor will have 3? :laugh:

I'd be fine with her just having 1! I think recency bias re: her cultural dominance & ubiquitous prominence might cause her to show up a little more. But I'd be satisfied with just folklore or Red. I'll be peeved if it's 1989 

Edited by PoisonedIvy

Mostly good choices so far. Nice to see Untrue by Burial there, so it isn't just going to be albums with big streaming numbers.

11 hours ago, Wondy Lust said:

crafted by Apple Music's team of experts alongside a select group of artists, including Maren Morris, Pharrell Williams, J Balvin, Charli XCX, Mark Hoppus, Honey Dijon, and Nia Archives, as well as songwriters, producers, and industry professionals.

We trust Charli to make the right choices.

Hope this doesn't go like the Rolling Stone best of all time list from a few years ago, where we got a less than 10 month old Harry Styles album on the list.

• Like 2

R&B finna get shafted on this list as well as Rap before 2010 that isn't Kanye.

Anti for top 1 :heart2:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JackOfHearts said:

I hope there's a total snub for Taylor, honestly. She has not made "great" music, she has made "sate the masses" music and won undeserved awards for her output. And over-saturated the market with her mediocre content. 

That being said, I won't be surprised seeing her here. I won't deny her grip on the necks of white girls, white gays, white folks in general.

Second page and we already seething over Taylor lmao :rip: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, .Odyssey. said:

Which Madonna album is making this list? :duca:

Ray of Light, Like A Prayer, True Blue, Bedtime Stories and Confessions all deserve

Edited by GoatGly

Yeah, okay. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. There are several great albums on here that I do enjoy, with Untrue being my favorite. I just find these types of lists to be arbitrary, if not simply misled and one-dimensional.

17 hours ago, Anthinos said:

I find such lists uninteresting because 99% of the albums come from American or Western artists. The rest of the world is ignored.

Not to mention, they largely just focus on mainstream releases with the occasional oddball album thrown in.

11 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Edit: I googled Mark and found out he's one of the Blink-182 guys so he's the rep for that genre I suppose

Pop punk bias confirmed, Olivia is coming for the win. :coffee2:

I expect there will be a good spread across the different genres. So far two rock albums, two pop females and an R&B female, and both pop albums are more than 10 years old, so don't expect too many albums from the last five years, in fact no albums so far are from the 2010s.

They will need to find room for the Beatles, maybe more than one album from them. Miles Davis should be there somewhere. Plus What's Going On by Marvin Gaye should make the list, maybe in the top 10. Kendrick Lamar should get two albums if anyone else does.

Don't be surprised if there just are 15-18 pop female albums left, with no more than two in each batch of 10.

Want to see Lemonade in the Top 20 and looking likely based on the panel. Self Titled in the Top 70. Maybe Renaissance as a bonus in the Top 80. 

Folklore is a shoe-in as well as Melodrama. 

reputation be there as the ultimate Taylor Swift album. :rogue:

89. The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition) - Lady Gaga

88. I Put a Spell on You - Nina Simone

87. Blue Lines - Massive Attack

86. My Life - Mary J. Blige

85. Golden Hour - Kacey Musgraves

84. Doggystyle - Snoop Dogg

83. Horses - Patti Smith

82. Get Rich or Die Tryin' - 50 Cent

81. After the Gold Rush - Neil Young

Kacey :clap3:

EMOTION at #1 is coming  :clap3:

• Like 1

100. Body Talk, Robyn

99. Hotel California, Eagles

98. ASTROWORLD, Travis Scott

97. Rage Against the Machine, Rage Against the Machine

96. Pure Heroine, Lorde

95. Confessions, USHER

94. Untrue, Burial

93. A Seat at the Table, Solange

92. Flower Boy, Tyler, The Creator

91. Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1, George Michael

90. Moonchild, NIKI

89. The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition) - Lady Gaga

88. I Put a Spell on You - Nina Simone

87. Blue Lines - Massive Attack

86. My Life - Mary J. Blige

85. Golden Hour - Kacey Musgraves

84. Doggystyle - Snoop Dogg

83. Horses - Patti Smith

82. Get Rich or Die Tryin' - 50 Cent

81. After the Gold Rush - Neil Young

i know it's all a bit of fun but it just seems so random that a bunch of industry types have sat there and said "what is the 85th best record ever made? it is golden hour! it's official!"

TFM at 89 is CRAZY, should've been top 20 at least :biblio:

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

Posted (edited)

50 Cent aside, I love all this batch, especially Mary, Nina, Patti and Massive Attack for me :clap3:

Edited by liquiddiamonds

Golden Hour making it is perfect :jonny2:

TFM will probably be Gaga's only entry, in which case it could've been a little higher but honestly a top 100 all genre all time list is insanely competitive as is so I'll take it :clap3: 

I was honestly just expecting Mezzanine to be on the list for MA, at least now I know it's top 50 at the least.  :clap3:

19 hours ago, spree said:

She deserves 11 so true :WAP:

• Thumbs Down 1

Pretty solid list so far, actually:clap3:

Listening to Hotel California and wowwww

i've also appreciated Body Talk more too :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.