STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

PlayStation fails to secure Final Fantasy exclusivity, series now heading to Nintendo

Comedor

40 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

If you think Switch 2 will be able to run PS5 games...oh you poor soul

that's not what I said hon xoxo 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tiagol88

• ImpressMeMuch

• JO1s

• Comedor

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Good. Give that TRASH to Nintendo.

Girl the dust station 5 needs them it's been like what 5 years? And they're not even at 20 exclusives

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Apolonio said:

This is ******* horrible @Curaga :dies: 

No wonder they didn't quickly report the sales from FF7 Rebirth like they did Remake. 

wait wtf :biblio:

Nintendo better step up their tech game for the next gen! I feel like state-of-the-art graphics is one if the main draws of FF. Maybe they could pull off a Wind Waker–type art style though... They haven't done a weird art style since FF9. 

Edit: Oh wait, now that I read the article lol, sounds less like they're going straight for Nintendo exclusivity and just want to maximize sales, which makes sense. But if future FF titles are Switch/Switch 2 compatible, I hope they don't have to downgrade too much :priceless:

Edited by Curaga

12 minutes ago, JO1s said:

Girl the dust station 5 needs them it's been like what 5 years? And they're not even at 20 exclusives

PS5 has been released not even 3 and half years ago but okay. Let's go with 5 years lmao.

Just now, tiagol88 said:

PS5 has been released not even 3 and half years ago but okay. Let's go with 5 years lmao.

Still struggling for exclusives.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JO1s said:

Still struggling for exclusives.

Hellblade 2, FFVII Rebirth, Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin just this year so far but okay. Also the TLOU2 remastered if someone is interested. 

They will also have a new conference over the next few days / weeks to talk about the rest of the year.

Edited by tiagol88

Funny how the corporate overlords at Microsoft and Sony couldn't beat little cute Nintendo and their 2016 console. 

• Haha 2

• ATRL Administrator
12 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Hellblade 2, FFVII Rebirth, Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin just this year so far but okay. Also the TLOU2 remastered if someone is interested. 

They will also have a new conference over the next few days / weeks to talk about the rest of the year.

Not to mention Spider-Man series, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War series, Horizon series, Death Stranding, etc. We’re not struggling at all. 

remake is flopping?   I had no idea

nn Switch 2 is going to destroy them all, isn't it? :toofunny3:

25 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Not to mention Spider-Man series, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War series, Horizon series, Death Stranding, etc. We're not struggling at all. 

So 15 games in 3 and1/2 years and some of those exclusives are only timed exclusives. PlayStation it self said the PS5 is underperforming.

10 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

remake is flopping?   I had no idea

3 million sales last I heard which is an underperformance but not a flop.

49 minutes ago, JO1s said:

I'd rather have no exclusives than that shite!

6 minutes ago, Cheers said:

I'd rather have no exclusives than that shite!

I'd rather play them then Sony's shitty interactive movies.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Not to mention Spider-Man series, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War series, Horizon series, Death Stranding, etc. We're not struggling at all. 

God of War, Horizon Forbidden West, Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima were all available on PS4 (albeit with enhancements for PS5 obviously.) In terms of a true 1st party PS5 exclusive, Spider Man 2 is the only one that comes to mind. I don't even think 2024 will have a big holiday first party release the way last year had Spider Man. I definitely think Sony is having an issue with first party development given we're nearly four years into this generation. They need third party exclusives to fill in these gaps.

Edited by choerry
  • Like 1

Wouldn't be shocked if someone buys Square Enix. 

2 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

And on Switch 2 it will be no problem

No problem looking like this

b73fc4b944e133adc57ad913fe1f04f828393d4a.jpg

Honestly, Nintendo really fragments the visual quality of games to the point that Switch ports of PS and XBOX games look like trash.  As a developer, you are developing for current gen consoles with full 4K and ray-tracing functionality, and then with the Switch, you're developing for what is essentially mid-range 2013 hardware.  By the time the Switch 2 comes out, the PS5 Pro and whichever future version of XBOX will be out, and the gap in visual quality will be insane.  

As someone else said, Square Enix is not doing well, and most of their 500 poorly marketed releases are cross-platform.  Sony is not the problem.  They need to stop pumping out remakes and remixes of existing games and focus on creating and marketing flagship IP, and ensuring those flagship games are fully baked and immersive.  As much as FF fans bag on XV, it was the last time they released something that was culturally significant beyond the core FF fanbase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wait rebirth is flopping ? I thought it was doing great

Switch 2 will do fine running it if it can run around Series S quality docked. It still has DLSS to do the heavy lifting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

No problem looking like this

b73fc4b944e133adc57ad913fe1f04f828393d4a.jpg

Honestly, Nintendo really fragments the visual quality of games to the point that Switch ports of PS and XBOX games look like trash.  As a developer, you are developing for current gen consoles with full 4K and ray-tracing functionality, and then with the Switch, you're developing for what is essentially mid-range 2013 hardware.  By the time the Switch 2 comes out, the PS5 Pro and whichever future version of XBOX will be out, and the gap in visual quality will be insane.  

As someone else said, Square Enix is not doing well, and most of their 500 poorly marketed releases are cross-platform.  Sony is not the problem.  They need to stop pumping out remakes and remixes of existing games and focus on creating and marketing flagship IP, and ensuring those flagship games are fully baked and immersive.  As much as FF fans bag on XV, it was the last time they released something that was culturally significant beyond the core FF fanbase.

or maybe the problem is unsustainable AAAA game budgets that remain impossible to sell against, leading to the erosion of classic game design in service games and endless closures of studios

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

or maybe the problem is unsustainable AAAA game budgets that remain impossible to sell against, leading to the erosion of classic game design in service games and endless closures of studios

That too, but it has little to do with Sony or Nintendo tbh.  Also it's never been more affordable to make a high quality game thanks to Unreal Engine, seriously.  However, SE putting out countless titles over the past 6 years with little to no marketing has severely diluted their brand and no one has any idea what is going on, which game is new, how the games connect coherently (if at all) etc.  Especially people who have never played FF... imagine explaining SE's catalogue to someone like that.  I couldn't.  

Edited by Archetype
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Archetype said:

That too, but it has little to do with Sony or Nintendo tbh.  Also it's never been more affordable to make a high quality game thanks to Unreal Engine, seriously.  However, SE putting out countless titles over the past 6 years with little to no marketing has severely diluted their brand and no one has any idea what is going on, which game is new, how the games connect coherently (if at all) etc.  Especially people who have never played FF... imagine explaining SE's catalogue to someone like that.  I couldn't.  

oh yeah I definitely agree there!

A sequel to a remake of a game was always going to have diminishing returns as you put two filters on the game right away (past players, and who played the first). Then, add in a new final fantasy titled 16 releasing in between them which is also in a new style.... it's just a cluster of branding. 

• Like 1

New FF and Kingdom Hearts on the Switch 2? Yes please :WAP:

ps5 is just a cute bluray player at this point :chick1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.