STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Do we have any hits this year?

Zaminamina

Not sure if it's only my impression, but by this time (Summer), we've already had inescapable hits in all previous years. Nothing this year seems as big when it comes to culture.

I know some songs like "Texas Hold 'Em," "Beautiful Things," "Loose Control," and "Fortnight" have very good stats, and there are songs that may become big such as "Expresso" or a Kendrick track, but we don't have anything really big.

Is this only my impression, and I'm getting old, or do you feel the same way? Is the general public less interested in music this year? What are your thoughts?

Also, it seems all the big artists already dropped their projects. Are you expecting someone to serve an inescapable cultural moment in the upcoming months?

There's been plenty of huge hits this year.

• Like 7

Beyoncé Texas 

• Like 1

No smash hits so far 

but Espresso is shaping up to be THE summer smash 

• Like 4

MUSTARD

ON THE BEAT

HO!

• Like 9

Just now, єѕℓαм said:

No smash hits so far 

but Espresso is shaping up to be THE summer smash 

Agree, it seems Expresso is really shaping up to be a real smash hit and I can see how "Not Like Us" is also shaping a cultural moment. "We Can't Be Friends" and "I like the Way You Kiss Me" are hits but I wouldn't call them smash and they are serving nothing for the pop culture (No diss, love Ari and I like the song).

• Like 1

There's songs doing 10+m streams and now they're not hits?

All the songs suck. No hits deserved.

3 minutes ago, Into The Void said:

There's songs doing 10+m streams and now they're not hits?

there are several hits. i think the OP's problem is they cant connect to the hits therefore they dont feel like smashes. 

• Like 3

You're just gettin old

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Several smash hits, honeyy. check Spotify's top 5

Just now, Devin said:

there are several hits. i think the OP's problem is they cant connect to the hits therefore they dont feel like smashes. 

This is probably true. I may be getting old and disconnected. Just wanted to check if anyone else was sharing the same feeling. Thanks.

Espresso and Not Like Us are bona fide hits

I would say Texas Hold Em too maybe but that's more questionable than the first two

• Confused 1

are we talking about inescapable hit? then that's a good news!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Y'all just find Espresso the BIG smash because you like your poppity pop bops. How songs that are making bigger numbers are not hits? The math aint mathing :coffee2:

One of the biggest hits of last year was a Morgan Wallen song that I only heard once and that's because thankfully with streaming we don't need to be exposed to things we don't **** with 

It's more of a bubble thing. I've known people that only heard Flowers for the first time when it went viral with the Grammy performance a whole year later :rip:

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 4

THEY NOT LIKE US. THEY NOT LIKE US. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Y'all just find Espresso the BIG smash because you like your poppity pop bops. How songs that are making bigger numbers are not hits? The math aint mathing :coffee2:

I can't stand her but Espresso IS a big smash. it's doing 9.2m daily :rip: 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cheers said:

I can't stand her but Espresso IS a big smash. it's doing 9.2m daily :rip: 

I'm not saying that it is not a smash. It clearly is. And a great one by the way. But there are songs making bigger numbers and their status as hits shouldn't be questioned if one is to consider espresso THE song of the summer. It makes no sense. It's clearly a matter of pop bias

Edited by liquiddiamonds

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

You're just gettin old

This is the truth. I used to think the same thing back in 2015 and I thought "What happened to the superstars? Do famous people still exist? Music nowadays sucks" and then I realized I was living under a rock/I outgrew popular culture. Kind of funny because I did not know about "stan culture" until I was no longer into popular culture. I'm here now due to nostalgia lol.

To answer OP: Isn't "Million Dollar Baby" the top song right now? And Espresso? and "I Like the way you Kiss Me"?

Edited by Junipero
  • Like 1

Espresso is a BIG hit.

He Knows JUST came out :gaycat1:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Junipero said:

This is the truth. I used to think the same thing back in 2015 and I thought "What happened to the superstars? Do famous people still exist? Music nowadays sucks" and then I realized I was living under a rock/I outgrew popular culture. Kind of funny because I did not know about "stan culture" until I was no longer into popular culture. I'm here now due to nostalgia lol.

To answer OP: Isn't "Million Dollar Baby" the top song right now? And Espresso?

Thank you, this is what I'm realizing right now. But well... is happening to me, and it will eventually happen to everyone. Now I realize that there are several hits this year. Perhaps the list of number one singles on Billboard this year is not really reflecting that.

That's that me espresso

Find me a person who doesn't know this smash

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.