STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Kesha: Animal era - appreciation thread

toughlikeglue

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

#1 debut album, certified Gold and Platinum in 10+ countries (including 3x in the US & 2x in Australia + Canada), over 8M units sold worldwide

The party girl attitude, indie sleaze outfits, entertaining live performances, polarizing critics… 14 years on and still an immaculate dance-pop classic:

Mi$$ Thing $erved a bit too much here :gaycatina1:

spacer.png

Edited by toughlikeglue
  • Like 6

PS: Dancing with god's blessings in my eyes is such an underrated dance pop ballad. The bridge and the last chorus ended entire discographies

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

PS: Dancing with god's blessings in my eyes is such an underrated dance pop ballad. The bridge and the last chorus ended entire discographies

TASTE! Her and "Blind" left some other wannabe pop girls bald and jobless at the time

• Like 3

My favourite era of anyone 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toughlikeglue said:

Her and "Blind" left some other wannabe pop girls bald and jobless at the time

And Hungover dealt the final blow:jonny5::jonny5:

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

And Hungover dealt the final blow:jonny5::jonny5:

Then "Animal" acting as a Christ-like resurrection and ascension to heaven  :gaygacat5:

Edited by toughlikeglue
  • Like 4

It's such an iconic album. I was 10 when it came out & it was just such a big moment in my life. I remember being OBSESSED with We R Who We R when that came out too.

She was just so cool and aspirational.

• Like 4

THE formative pop album for me :jonny: 

The trio of this album already been stated.. Dancing With Tears, Hungover, Blind, some of the best album tracks in a pop album ever :heart2:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, toughlikeglue said:

Animal (song) acting as a Christ-like resurrection by the end :gaygacat5:

And VIP turned the Sistine Chapel into freakshow with Saint Peter shaking his bitty-booty in front of Miss Mary as "I wanna get down, down and get dirty" part begins:gaycatina1:

• Like 4

She had the world in a chokehold for a hot minute. Animal is still a wonderful song.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

And VIP turned the Sistine Chapel into freakshow with Saint Peter shaking his bitty-booty in front of Miss Mary as "I wanna get down, down and get dirty" part begins:gaycatina1:

Nnn the way this could actually work as a musical :jonnycat:

• Like 4

This album is such a classic. I used to have Animal, Your Love Is My Drug , Take it Off, Blind, Kiss N Tell on repeat daily 

• Like 5

:heart2:

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

This is the pop album with the best bridges ever :WAP: I was obsessed with it when it came out and that obsession lasted like 2 years. Just immaculate from start to finish :clap3:

@toughlikeglue not you ignoring the MV of the alternative gem of the album AKA Stephen 

Edited by Julia Fox
  • Like 4

Iconic :clap3: 

• Like 3

It was so much fun to experience this era. I actually know Kesha since Myspace (2008) before she was famous and followed her path to success.
I checked her myspace and i inmediately fell in love with her aesthetic-her
I remember thinkin......Oh my god a new pop girl. Drunk? Why she's so crazy?  This girl will be big i feel it. She has spice
There's something about her.  There's something so american high schooler. They will love her there.  So much appeal. 
Oh this song backstabber. Her voice here feels very shakira but love the electronic and strange tone of it. Boots and Boy-Devil Run.
Oh this is similar but also different to everything else in the charts right now
Then she went big with "Dolla" "Pdiddy" (aka the first names of Tiktok) and i was not shocked at all tbh

I discovered gaga,carly rae,bieber,lana del rey,billie eilish,dua lipa,zendaya,sky ferreira before they were really big and i had the same feeling with them too
I think im good predicting stardom :eli:

Kesha-Photoshoot-ke-24ha-8122544-599-899.jpgKesha-Photoshoot-ke-24ha-8121611-333-500

So irreverent. The glitter. the punk rockstar disguised as popstar vibes. The thrashy party girl thing. So glam rock too.
This is one of those pop girls personas who were so so interesting to check :giraffe: like avril let go persona, gaga the fame, madonna first era. Taylor 1989 one.........
Even when people see her first era as manufactured. I dont think it was.

if you watch kesha documentaries yll realize how wild and adventurous is kesha

She has a very non-conventional personality.

She's more peaceful today cause she's older but in her core she's someone so so interesting. Not another generic star. She exudes stardom and uniqueness

yZu0oeX.pngKesha_Live_-_Generic_-_Square.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So many memories from this era/time. I remember wanting Hungover to be a single at the time (and I still think it could have smashed) but the ones we got are all fun.

• Like 3

The definition of a 2010s pop classic, released at the very beginning of the decade and still unmatched :clap3:

• Like 3

title tracks has me levitating every single time, let me give it some streams

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Julia Fox said:

@toughlikeglue not you ignoring the MV of the alternative gem of the album AKA Stephen 

Completely forgot she even filmed one, let me add it :jonnycat:

Also the MV for "Dirty Picture" really captures her aura and the overall aesthetic of that particular era

Literally the visual album that keeps on giving

• Like 4

i remember being 10 years old and bringing the Animal + Cannibal CDs on the school bus and alternating between discs for the ride to school and the ride back home from school, EVERY day.

i remember being 11 and looking for her unreleased songs and thinking fan made album tracklists were real albums and trying to find downloads for them (specifically this one for a "Former Over-Exposed Blonde" album with 19 tracks (below) using this artwork. i literally remember it by heart at this point lol. it had a rear tracklist image but i have not been able to find the original website i found these on smh)

Spoiler

41dd0433d0ebb7c0cf40f6b9b7b8988e.733x733

1. Radio Radio Radio (though its actually called Only Thing on is the Radio)
  2. Dirty Picture feat. Taio Cruz (back then i had a download with the intro cut out of Taio's album version ft Kesha)
  3. Run Devil Run
  4. Heart Fall Out
  5. This Love
  6. Aliens Invading
  7. Mr. Watson
  8. Former Over-Exposed Blonde
  9. Butterscotch
  10. C U Next Tuesday
  11. While You Were Sleeping
  12. 7 AM
  13. Disgusting
  14. Chain Reaction
  15. Paper Airplane
  16. A Bad Girl's Lament
  17. Mouth
  18. Get in Line
  19. Goodbye

i remember the Tokyo train promo for Die Young, when Timber went viral, watching Kesha: My Crazy Beautiful Life MTV docuseries, when we had that unbearable 5 year silence due to the lawsuits, when Lover was released for a short time on bandcamp, the day that Kesha was denied her injunction in 2016, the day True Colors came out, the day Praying music video came out, when i played the Woman snippet on loop every day until we got the music video, me having my brother play the Rainbow CD in his truck whenever he took me grocery shopping at Fort Dix, when the Resentment video came out and i was cackling at the derpy thumbnail (its still the same lmfao), and when we got the soundcloud snippets for Fine Line and Eat the Acid before we got the lead singles release.

Kesha has and will always be my forever #1 fav artist, musician, singer, performer, and human being of all time.

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

It was so much fun to experience this era. I actually know Kesha since Myspace (2008) before she was famous and followed her path to success.
I checked her myspace and i inmediately fell in love with her aesthetic-her
I remember thinkin......Oh my god a new pop girl. Drunk? Why she's so crazy?  This girl will be big i feel it. She has spice
There's something about her.  There's something so american high schooler. They will love her there.  So much appeal. 
Oh this song backstabber. Her voice here feels very shakira but love the electronic and strange tone of it. Boots and Boy-Devil Run.
Oh this is similar but also different to everything else in the charts right now
Then she went big with "Dolla" "Pdiddy" (aka the first names of Tiktok) and i was not shocked at all tbh

I discovered gaga,carly rae,bieber,lana del rey,billie eilish,dua lipa,zendaya,sky ferreira before they were really big and i had the same feeling with them too
I think im good predicting stardom :eli:

Kesha-Photoshoot-ke-24ha-8122544-599-899.jpgKesha-Photoshoot-ke-24ha-8121611-333-500

So irreverent. The glitter. the punk rockstar disguised as popstar vibes. The thrashy party girl thing. So glam rock too.
This is one of those pop girls personas who were so so interesting to check :giraffe: like avril let go persona, gaga the fame, madonna first era. Taylor 1989 one.........
Even when people see her first era as manufactured. I dont think it was.

if you watch kesha documentaries yll realize how wild and adventurous is kesha

She has a very non-conventional personality.

She's more peaceful today cause she's older but in her core she's someone so so interesting. Not another generic star. She exudes stardom and uniqueness

yZu0oeX.pngKesha_Live_-_Generic_-_Square.jpg

i need to know if Kesha ever shared the dates of when the songs she posted were recorded? we have an estimate time frame thanks to the wayback machine, but that can only give us so much (literally just looking at the profile comments) https://web.archive.org/web/20080922123317/http://www.myspace.com:80/keshaishot

• Like 4

Tbh I was so pampered to grow up with hits like the ones this album spawned, Your Love Is My Drug had the best bridge of any radio hit at the time and I remember my 6 year old self being blown away by it. When I was around 11 I had the chance to listen the whole album for the first time and let me say I thought the deep cuts were as brilliant as the singles (And I was right!)... Kesha trully made magic in the studio:gaygacat5:

• Like 2

One of the most iconic eras by one of the most talented pop stars.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

i remember being 10 years old and bringing the Animal + Cannibal CDs on the school bus and alternating between discs for the ride to school and the ride back home from school, EVERY day.

i remember being 11 and looking for her unreleased songs and thinking fan made album tracklists were real albums and trying to find downloads for them (specifically this one for a "Former Over-Exposed Blonde" album with 19 tracks (below) using this artwork. i literally remember it by heart at this point lol. it had a rear tracklist image but i have not been able to find the original website i found these on smh)

Reveal hidden contents

41dd0433d0ebb7c0cf40f6b9b7b8988e.733x733

1. Radio Radio Radio (though its actually called Only Thing on is the Radio)
  2. Dirty Picture feat. Taio Cruz (back then i had a download with the intro cut out of Taio's album version ft Kesha)
  3. Run Devil Run
  4. Heart Fall Out
  5. This Love
  6. Aliens Invading
  7. Mr. Watson
  8. Former Over-Exposed Blonde
  9. Butterscotch
  10. C U Next Tuesday
  11. While You Were Sleeping
  12. 7 AM
  13. Disgusting
  14. Chain Reaction
  15. Paper Airplane
  16. A Bad Girl's Lament
  17. Mouth
  18. Get in Line
  19. Goodbye

She undoubtedly has the most pristine catalogue of unreleased songs in the entire pop territory. I'll always stand by the fact that "Chain Reaction" and "Shots on the Hood of My Car" should've appeared on Animal and Cannibal, respectively. Also "V.I.P." has no business being a bonus track when it slaps so hard :jonnycat:

50 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

I need to know if Kesha ever shared the dates of when the songs she posted were recorded? we have an estimate time frame thanks to the wayback machine, but that can only give us so much (literally just looking at the profile comments) https://web.archive.org/web/20080922123317/http://www.myspace.com:80/keshaishot

I remember "Backstabber" already floating around in its original uncensored form back in 2008. 

I also remember the demo for "F*ck Him (He's a DJ)" leaking around 2009, sometime before "TiK ToK" ("Dolla" at the time) was released and the Lollapalooza performance took place.

The dates/audios on these videos pretty much check.

Edited by toughlikeglue
  • Like 4

This entire era with the Cannibal EP rerelease is sooo iconic to me. Her music and videos literally defined 2010 for me :jonny5:

The album still holds up so well too. So many deep cut gems like Stephen, Kiss n Tell, Blind, Backstabber, Dinosaur, ect. :smitten:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.