Washington family devastated after butchers mistakenly kill pet pigs

GraceRandolph

A family in Washington state has been left devastated after a mobile butcher confused their home with a different address and slaughtered their pet pigs. 

Betty and Patty, both two years old, were shot in their pen in Port Orchard while the family was away from home.

Owner Nathan Gray said he could not contain his anger. "They were my wife's pets and my kids' and they, you know, they're family."

Police told the BBC that the matter had been passed to the prosecutor's office. 

Mr Gray and his wife Natalie said they returned home on 1 May to find their pets in the process of being butchered. Their home CCTV system had alerted them to an unknown vehicle on their property. 

Mr Gray said that after arriving, one of his employees approached him and said: "These guys shot your pigs."

He said he found Patty and Betty laying in pools of blood. "They shot them. Only 16 feet from our neighbour's fence."

He said he confronted the butcher, who said his GPS "screwed up". "They asked me what I wanted to do with the with the pigs - whether I wanted them to be processed.

"They'll be buried on this property, like the rest of our animals."

Mrs Gray said that her children had been traumatised. "They were my babies," she said of Betty and Patty. "And when you have kids and they don't feel safe - when they feel violated, I feel mad that they don't feel safe."

The pigs enjoyed chasing their daughters and playing in the mud and were expected to live their entire lives at their Gray Acres farm, the couple said. 

The Grays now want to ensure that this never happens again, and hope to change the laws that regulate mobile butchering. 

"It seems like there's no guidelines. What I've read - there's nothing about firearm training," said Mr Gray. He added that he would find it incredible if it was legal to walk onto private property with a gun and kill an animal without the owner's permission.

A lawyer for the couple, Adam Karp, told BBC News that "the law treats Betty and Patty no differently than if were they Golden Retrievers or Norwegian Forest Cats".

Full article: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68993980

• Haha 1

Omg poor family :chick3:

What are the chances of going to the incorrect address that also own pigs? Sad for the family.

Posted (edited)

Oh the get back would be serious :bam:

Edited by Mezter

55 minutes ago, Mean Trees said:

What are the chances of going to the incorrect address that also own pigs? Sad for the family.

Yeah it was just their way to cop out. I dont think it's the GPS thing like anyone would believe that? If it's dogs then it may be explainable but pigs? How many households have pigs as pets to have this GPS mistake occur.

• Thanks 1

they 100% knew what they were doing or at least thought there wouldn't be any cameras. poor family

The neighbors called them. 

How did they mistake the address and the address coincidentally also had pigs..??? Somethings fishy

A revenge/reparations arc must happen 

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

They asked me what I wanted to do with the with the pigs

What did they want the family to answer. Bacon? :deadbanana4:

I'm so confused because even if that was the right address, surely you'd knock on the front door and introduce yourself before just killing their animals :deadbanana4:

SCREAMING

Someone hated that family:gaycat6:

so sad

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.