I am really struggling to get into any shows/movies lately. Anyone else? Have recs?

Just a Gay on ATRL

Hi. I feel like it has been a while since I really got into a show or movie on a streaming app. I currently have Netflix, Paramount+ and WOW+ consistently, but am open to changing which ones I use; however, I want to keep Paramount+ and WOW+ for sure because Drag Race is currently the only franchise I absolutely love watching these days.

Whenever I try to watch the latest and greatest thing, I feel like something is just not clicking and I get bored/distracted. Is anyone else just not watching much of anything at the moment? What is worth watching these days? 

Interesting take since there are more tv shows being pumped out than ever before. It is hard to give you recommendations since you didn't talk about what you like, but for example the third season of Bridgerton is premiering in 5 days, and it's a very successful show, if you like the romance / drama genre you will like it.

If you want a comedy there's Resident Alien, another well-received show.

But really the choices are extremely abundant.

I just started watching LOOT and loving it so far. 

The Morning Show is also great. 

Yeah i get what u mean 

Personality i don't have the time or patience to finish a tv show unless it's reallyyy good and grabs my attention from the beginning 

I just finished watching THEM season 2 and it grabbed me from the very first scene 

Posted (edited)

I don't have the attention span for tv shows anymore. I think I developed ADHD or something lol. The only long form tv I watch is competition shows & anime But regular tv series aren't for me anymore sadly 

Edited by IBeMe

You can watch Eurovision burn if you want tonight. 9pm CEST/8pm BST :heart:

• Thanks 1

I wish shows went back to weekly episodes ngl. much easier to follow and if after 2 episodes it doesnt click you just abandon it. Besides it keeps the illusion that there's something to look forward to.

I think HBO really nailed this and I watch most of their stuff as usually they deliver quality

Shows are really subjective, you can find easily what's popular right now and choosing based on your taste, however in my opinion when there is a period that you can't connect with anything it's probably just you with having other things on your mind, try more light and mindless stuff like some reality shows, I usually do that in those periods.

The majority of shows is def not good lol. I'd recommend reading blogs or looking up reviews on things like Metacritic to distinguish between the flops and tops, it saves so much time truly.

Have you seen Apple TV's "Severance"?

I was the same till I finally watched Vampire Diaries :suburban:  now its only show i'll watch over and over. but any other shows I kinda stop and forget about it

they just need to add legacies to netflix because im not re subbing to binge for it. 

Same tbh. 

But recently I started to watch Palm Royale and The Veils. 

Also X-Men 97 and rewatching SATC for the third time. 

• Like 1

I enjoy watching older tv shows from the 90's & 2000's. It's refreshing to see how tv shows were written and filmed. Sometimes they are a lot more engaging than Netflix shows nowadays. 

currently rewatching X-Files

• Like 1

8 episode and them wait a year/two ruined it for me. 

Ain't nobody got time for youtube annoying recaps. 

The last show that got me good was THOD. 

netflix has Star Trek, I recently got into The New Generation and it's actually very fun to watch. it's sooo different from shows made today (i.e. not gimmicky and dark), and also surprisingly sexual? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.