Lindsay Lohan in talks to star in Ann-Margret biopic

okgo

Posted (edited)

While looking to follow up on her ongoing Hollywood comeback, Lindsay Lohan has her heart and mind firmly focused on playing two-time Oscar nominee Ann-Margret. In the wake of sharing about her passion to play her dream role, the former child star and fellow redhead has reportedly received Ann-Margret's blessing to play her in a biopic.

As part of that blessing, Lohan is going to meet up with the famed actress and singer, who was once billed as a female version of Elvis Presley, and spend time together in preparation for the upcoming film. 

Lohan, 37, first revealed her interest in portraying the Bye Bye Birdie (1963) star a couple of months ago in an interview with Bustle, which also revealed there's been a recent search for the 'right writer' for the screenplay. 'She's a triple threat, and she's an amazing woman on top of that,' The Parent Trap star explained to the outlet. 'So I just really want to do her justice and help tell a great story for her.'

she's been talking about this for a while

I hope they get a good team so it's a solid project but this could be amazing, Lindsay would kill all those looks and performances :clap3: she's always been Ann's Hollywood daughter

E3oNLs-WQAMdb7R?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by okgo
  • Like 6

I know Lindsay would be more than thrilled to play that part!

If everything goes right, i feel like she could earn the attention of the Academy :duca:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really hope this movie is not part of her Netflix deal. 

So here for a Lindsay renaissance. 

• Like 2

So here for a Lindsay renaissance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bends said:

I really hope this movie is not part of her Netflix deal. 

It isn't! Our Little Secret is the last one.

hopefully it's her Judy and not her Haunting of Sharon Tate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

If everything goes right, i feel like she could earn the attention of the Academy :duca:

she did follow A24 a while back :lakitu:

but it's extremely wishful thinking I fear lol maybe if this is well received and she starts working with more acclaimed people again

she shouldn't really care about that stuff for now though, just hope she manages to get a good director/writer for this if it happens

1 hour ago, zach said:

and we thank the Lord for that 🙏

to be fair Netflix was pretty nice to have given her all that they have, they're the biggest streaming service so it's instant mass exposure and she's also had a lot of freedom as an exec producer. she probably couldn't have had an easier return (in terms of work environment) and even if a lot of fans wish the material was better, the other option would likely be those C-list action/thriller movies full of washed up icons with awful CGI etc (like the Cursed one with Mickey Rourke she was attached to right before Covid) so these romcoms were probably a safe and clever choice. I do wish Netflix gave her something else at the end of the deal, like they gave Vanessa a supporting role in Tick Tick Boom. Deuxmoi posted a blind last week saying she was being eyed for Knives Out 3 (and I know those blinds are super unreliable) and I feel something like that would be perfect

YESSSSSSSS

Oh wow she keeps getting booked! :clap3:

2 hours ago, okgo said:

but it's extremely wishful thinking I fear lol maybe if this is well received and she starts working with more acclaimed people again

she shouldn't really care about that stuff for now though, just hope she manages to get a good director/writer for this if it happens

to be fair Netflix was pretty nice to have given her all that they have, they're the biggest streaming service so it's instant mass exposure and she's also had a lot of freedom as an exec producer. she probably couldn't have had an easier return (in terms of work environment) and even if a lot of fans wish the material was better, the other option would likely be those C-list action/thriller movies full of washed up icons with awful CGI etc (like the Cursed one with Mickey Rourke she was attached to right before Covid) so these romcoms were probably a safe and clever choice. I do wish Netflix gave her something else at the end of the deal, like they gave Vanessa a supporting role in Tick Tick Boom. Deuxmoi posted a blind last week saying she was being eyed for Knives Out 3 (and I know those blinds are super unreliable) and I feel something like that would be perfect

Correct. Netflix gave her good exposure and she's the lead of all 3 movies. Its way better than any other route that would've not been in her favor.

I think the Vanessa thing was different. Besides The Princess Switch trilogy, she was in a few other Netflix movies.

Its good Lindsay's now onto a new genre since I think we've had a streak of romcoms now.

Rooting for her to get that Marvel role too. 

1 hour ago, laqqinq said:

Correct. Netflix gave her good exposure and she's the lead of all 3 movies. Its way better than any other route that would've not been in her favor.

I think the Vanessa thing was different. Besides The Princess Switch trilogy, she was in a few other Netflix movies.

Its good Lindsay's now onto a new genre since I think we've had a streak of romcoms now.

I believe Vanessa was in some action movie they acquired before her romcoms indeed but her Netflix Originals were mostly those similar ones (Knight before Christmas and the 3 Princess Switches) before landing TTB (but I might be forgetting something.. Lindsay was in that Sick Note series they acquired a few years before the romcom deal too) either way they seem to often put their popular actors in other stuff so maybe they sneak her in something too. Lindsay also has the Freaky Friday sequel which starts shooting this summer and is another family movie but hopefully puts her back in Disney's casting rotation as well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, okgo said:

Deuxmoi posted a blind last week saying she was being eyed for Knives Out 3 (and I know those blinds are super unreliable) and I feel something like that would be perfect

I've been saying that Knives Out 3 would be perfect for Lindsay, so here for it :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Miichael said:

I've been saying that Knives Out 3 would be perfect for Lindsay, so here for it :jonny5:

I think she would too, sadly most of these submissions are usually fake 

JLC needs to link Lindsay up with Rian Johnson while filming the FF sequel tho :lakitu:

9OzD35W.jpeg

21 minutes ago, okgo said:

I think she would too, sadly most of these submissions are usually fake 

JLC needs to link Lindsay up with Rian Johnson while filming the FF sequel tho :lakitu:

9OzD35W.jpeg

Yeah it's DeuxMoi so it's probably fanfic, but they were the first to have the tea on Gaga in JFAD so let's hope :jonny5:

9 hours ago, Miichael said:

Yeah it's DeuxMoi so it's probably fanfic, but they were the first to have the tea on Gaga in JFAD so let's hope :jonny5:

they also leaked the White Lotus s3 cast I think, but when they know it's a reliable person submitting the info they usually put "exclusive" or w/e? :sad: but yea I don't find it impossible due to the Netflix link, even if not KO3 then hopefully something else exciting ends up coming her way..

(I do feel Lindsay would benefit from switching to a better agent now after Netflix showed there's some demand for her as well tho :mandown:)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, okgo said:

(I do feel Lindsay would benefit from switching to a better agent now after Netflix showed there's some demand for her as well tho :mandown:)

Yeah I think the Netflix deal was great but she needs someone (agent) who is a bit more connected imho. She's shown that she's clean, happy, sober, living a very normal and quiet life these days so the old issues about her not being insurable are irrelevant. I don't think she's with UTA anymore? I know she's working again with her long time old publicist who's been around since the Mean Girls days which is good but part of me feels like she needs to clean house. 

she's been playing it safe with the romcoms which has worked out well  but I would love to see her take on a heavy role. I also know those are the roles that excite her the most. 

1 hour ago, imabadkid said:

Yeah I think the Netflix deal was great but she needs someone (agent) who is a bit more connected imho. She's shown that she's clean, happy, sober, living a very normal and quiet life these days so the old issues about her not being insurable are irrelevant. I don't think she's with UTA anymore? I know she's working again with her long time old publicist who's been around since the Mean Girls days which is good but part of me feels like she needs to clean house. 

she's been playing it safe with the romcoms which has worked out well  but I would love to see her take on a heavy role. I also know those are the roles that excite her the most. 

she signed with APA for music around 2019 (cuz they helped her re-sign with Casablanca/Republic) and then stayed with them when she got the Netflix deal/switched focus to acting which was dumb imo (last year APA merged with AGI and are now called IAG: https://www.instagram.com/independentartistgroup/)

the agency is whatever, the problem is her agent(s) in particular don't seem that good/to have ever worked with big actors or helped any careers substantially. Lindsay herself has prob done more relevant networking from Dubai than them :skull:

yeah Leslie quietly started working with her again a few years ago which is good I think, she's much better than those random (and shady) ppl she's had after Leslie left her. I dont remember UTA, only Untitled/Jason Weinberg for a long time til the early 2010s? its always been a bit weird to me cuz they're still friends and follow each other (they've even worked with Ali/Cody in recent years) so why don't they just get back together now that she's active/serious about her acting career again :'( 

On 5/9/2024 at 1:29 PM, zach said:

23 hours ago, okgo said:

Netflix did good for her publicity-wise, but it's time for Lindsay to take up proper acting jobs again. No more rom-coms, either dramas or thrillers. A24 would be a fantastic outlet for her, I hope she lands a good film there. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a black comedy like Amanda Seyfried's The Dropout.

Can't wait to see her in a real movie again. I know she has the chops.

It could be her Kristen Stewart moment where she's finally shed of her goofy teen acting persona and taken seriously 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, blackoutbritney said:

It could be her Kristen Stewart moment where she's finally shed of her goofy teen acting persona and taken seriously 

Kristen was 25 when she won big prestigious critics awards for clouds of sils maria.

the negative association Lohan has isn't being a "goofy teen," it's for having ruined sets with unprofessional chaotic behavior.

Edited by fridayteenage

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Netflix did good for her publicity-wise, but it's time for Lindsay to take up proper acting jobs again. No more rom-coms, either dramas or thrillers. A24 would be a fantastic outlet for her, I hope she lands a good film there. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a black comedy like Amanda Seyfried's The Dropout.

idk if a series like that but I def think she'd be great in a black comedy too, she needs to hustle for those opportunities now (or her agent preferably) even if they're smaller roles at first.. it feels like she's just doing what she's offered/comes along the way (although she does seem to actually be somewhat pushing for this biopic at least)

8 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Kristen was 25 when she won big prestigious critics awards for clouds of sils maria.

the negative association Lohan has isn't being a "goofy teen," it's for having ruined sets with unprofessional chaotic behavior.

due to her mental health and addiction issues it should be added. as many times as its been said I guess her case really is more comparable to RDJ (except it felt like he always had more continuous help/opportunities from the industry due to his gender and nepo connects)

it's kinda insane to think the media (and not just tabloids) were professing her career to be over back when she was barely 21 (around the I Know Who Killed Me era) you can literally go on to have so many different lives after that age? :skull: what a time

Edited by okgo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.