The Kid Laroi - "Girls"

TalkThatRihanna

Posted (edited)

Sounds like a summer hit. His comeback I fear

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

Hopefully his team doesn't mess this up for him. It definitely has the potential to be a summer smash and TikTok viral.

Rooting for him

yeah we need a good video with a Tate appearance cus he just has the most potential oh my god. i've loved everything he's been dropping/teasing the past year 

Is that tattoo next to his mouth ? :ace:

10 hours ago, CherryBay said:

Is that tattoo next to his mouth ? :ace:

Not a tattoo. More like a sticker or semi-permanent tattoo.

Sounds good. Looking forward.

Posted (edited)

I think it's an acne patch not a tattoo

Edited by Tizley

It does not stand out so far, I am rooting for him, but his previous singles were more instant for me at least (I am still mad that THOUSAND MILES did not happen).

• 2 weeks later...

He's teasing a feature for the official release :celestial4:

• 1 month later...

He's on the US leg of his tour right now. He has said that he's already been working on his next album since a while and will/would release it soon.

He still has not announced this song though. Is it because of a feature or something else? The hype this song has (somewhat) is going to waste, and this is his first song in a while that some people are actually looking forward to/anticipating.

Edited by laqqinq

9 minutes ago, laqqinq said:

He's on the US leg of his tour right now. He has said that he's already been working on his next album since a while and will/would release it soon.

He still has not announced this song though. Is it because of a feature or something else? The hype this song has (somewhat) is going to waste, and this is his first song in a while that some people are actually looking forward to/anticipating.

He did announce it, it comes out this Friday - no feature. I think that was a miss tbh, a feature with Tate would've been done really well for both of them 

• Like 3

He probably should've waited a little. Nights Like This is blowing up on tiktok currently, I hope it doesn't end up overshadowing this one.

4 hours ago, Gossip_Boy said:

He probably should've waited a little. Nights Like This is blowing up on tiktok currently, I hope it doesn't end up overshadowing this one.

GIRLS is really viral on TikTok too though. Honestly, I think both being viral at the same time might help boost each other. Just glad to see him having multiple popular tracks rn after BLEED and WHAT JUST HAPPENED were robbed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twink4harry said:

GIRLS is really viral on TikTok too though. Honestly, I think both being viral at the same time might help boost each other. Just glad to see him having multiple popular tracks rn after BLEED and WHAT JUST HAPPENED were robbed.

I was kinda hoping they would push Nights Like This properly first (as in sending it to radio and all that) since it's my favourite song on the album and then move on to a new era, but you're right that having 2 viral songs at the same time could potentially benefit each other.

Hopefully he'll pull a Steve Lacy where he had an older song (Dark Red) and a new one (Bad Habit) smashing at the same time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gossip_Boy said:

I was kinda hoping they would push Nights Like This properly first (as in sending it to radio and all that) since it's my favourite song on the album and then move on to a new era, but you're right that having 2 viral songs at the same time could potentially benefit each other.

Hopefully he'll pull a Steve Lacy where he had an older song (Dark Red) and a new one (Bad Habit) smashing at the same time.

Would love for him and Benson to both have multiple hits on the charts at the same time: THEE Gen Z main Pop boys! 💅

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 5:39 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

He did announce it, it comes out this Friday - no feature. I think that was a miss tbh, a feature with Tate would've been done really well for both of them 

Same, Tate would've devoured this

Anyway it's basically Popular 2.0, Godbel his impact :bird:

• Thanks 1

Yh it's popular 2.0 but maybe even better? And I'm a Weeknd stan. 

Tate would ate this up. Maybe she will be in the MV? Or maybe a remix with her would be good. 

This is a certified hit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny1021 said:

I think this dude is just gunna be a one hit wonder, unfortunately 

I mean, technically two: WITHOUT YOU and STAY.

• Haha 1

waited so long for this to drop.  and it's a bop :WAP:

8 hours ago, Ger said:

I mean, technically two: WITHOUT YOU and STAY.

Thousand Miles was a top 15 on the Hot 100 and top 10 at Pop radio as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.