Reason why Gaga flopped so hard with her third album?

leyaris11

Posted (edited)

As a hardcore lady gaga fan I wanna know why?

Did the gays drop her or the GP got over her gimmick really fast? Or she just couldn't she keeps her momentum like her peers did?

And since then she's switched to jazz, country, singing OST and become an full-time actress....:rip:

Edited by leyaris11
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 23

Too polarizing as an artist(which is respectable). When the gp is on your side it can be great; when they are not, it's basically goodbye.

• Like 1

It was a sound that didn't fit the the sound that was dominating the time. Same for Joanne. The songs weren't strobg either.

Gaga shines in pop. We already learned that. 

i really think its the label's fault. they mishandled the idea of what she wanted. they didnt let her have her full vision.

• Like 5

Why leyaris11 recycling a tired and incorrect thread topic?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

she flopped so that you could make this thread a decade later in 2024. her mind ugh, am I right? 

29576887.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Eh it's more of a 4th album. And as much as I don't like artpop it was still a busy era with a decent amount of promo and a good tour. Most of the fans were happy with the album, and I think that matters more. 

• Like 1

Gaga has always given me the sensation of an experimental artist, so I was already expecting her genre shifts

bRZ7wqQ.gif

• Like 1

She trusted the gays that worked with her on haus of gaga. A bunch of yes men

• Like 1

She presented herself as a confident alien superstar but she couldn't handle the criticism during artpop era. She hasn't been the same ever since and lost interest for her pop career

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Aside from Applause, it doesn't sound like any of the song would be a hit at all. I feel like Gaga got cocky and thinks that she can do whatever sound she wanted and the GP would eat it up, but it turns out Artpop's sound didn't meet the GP's expectations. They probably expected her another TFM from her.

• Like 4

not this question again :rip:

• Haha 1

She trusted the gays that worked with her on haus of gaga. A bunch of yes men

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

i really think its the label's fault. they mishandled the idea of what she wanted. they didnt let her have her full vision.

Yeah, this too I think. It's the conflict of Gaga executing her vision and record label wanting "hits" and "commercial sound"

So, the product turned out to be a clunky jumbled mess. I feel like the album didn't really commit to the "Artpop" aesthetic Gaga intended it to be

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, BlossomSoul said:

you wanted a hit thread after the tour film announcement huh

It's a Stan of a certain girlie lol

Gaga couldn't have fallen that hard if she is on HBO max and starring alongside Joaquin Phoenix in a hugely anticipated movie as opposed to  just surviving off TMZ gossip :3rdplace:

Alas, she was in a mental turmoil and the album wasn't good enough for GP. I'm glad we got the varied career we got through different avenues 

Edited by Mr. Stratus
  • Like 1

An underperformance was to be expected, especially with a peak as high as she had, it happens to everyone. My question is why did it hurt her so bad she seems to have mostly given up on pop music ever since? Joanne and Chromatica felt half hearted at best and she really seems to be more passionate about acting and makeup these days.

• Like 5

bad music and no demand

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

47 minutes ago, Pinkbutterflies said:

Too polarizing as an artist(which is respectable). When the gp is on your side it can be great; when they are not, it's basically goodbye.

There are nothing polarizing about Joanne, Cheek to Cheek, A Star Is Born, or Chromatica :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

you know, this is a really unique discussion. I don't think anyone has asked this before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

ARTPOP could have been spectacular and one of the highlights in her discography but Interscope and her team messed her up. The aesthetic was interesting. Also, the failed ARTPOP experiments made things worse.

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Like 1

Love sticks and rara manarara's don't work on more than two albums so she had to spice it up with Swines and Aura's

j/k! :ahh:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I loved ARTPOP after being a hater during TFM and BTW. I think people were just tired of her and the execution of the era wasn't on par to the last 3. She was extremely over exposed and every other fan base wanted to see her go down. 

I don't agree with people saying the music wasn't good. Aura, Venus, GUY, Sexxx Dreams and Do What U Want are all top tier gaga songs. 

do what u want literally being her best song 

Edited by WhateverYouWant

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.