Paparazzi's at the Met Gala make fun of k-pop group Stray Kids

KatyPrismSpirit

I was gonna say, they were being emotionless and lowkey rude by not following directions, but then I started hearing racism and xenophobia remarks, so paparazzi can choke :cm:

4 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

The paparazzi weren't just rude, but straight up racist and xenophobic as well. One of the paparazzi literally said that they were getting covid because of SKZ :biblio: They were also mocking their language and trying to speak Japanese to them, despite them being Korean 

Disgusting

Some people here validating the xenophobia / racism :biblio:

This thread reminded me how ATRL can be disgusting just for the sake of being petty and validate pettiness :biblio:

Paparazzi are total trash, that "profession" should be made illegal.

• Like 1

Not "Stray Kids" LMAO, this can't be real !  :ahh:

• Thumbs Down 1

That's life and that's how paparazzi works. They decided to go there themselves, no one forced them. And obviously they'll be commented during such event, like why do we even discuss that ? I don't understand how saying "they're faceless" or "emotionless" makes it so rude, especially when they are actually emotionless :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

Paparazzi can be difficult to work with but that is what happens when you go to events like this. You know you're going to have to work with them and pose for photographs. Standing there in outfits that don't fit the theme and not engaging at all isn't really gonna make anyone happy about working with you.  THAT SAID there is no excuse for the blatant racism that we heard in that video. Covid, arigato, etc are just… they need to do better with the hiring. That's just disgusting. 

If there were decent people, they'd be photographers, not paparazzi 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

That's life and that's how paparazzi works. They decided to go there themselves, no one forced them. And obviously they'll be commented during such event, like why do we even discuss that ? I don't understand how saying "they're faceless" or "emotionless" makes it so rude, especially when they are actually emotionless :rip:

Saying that directly is already rude enough - but sadly normal so it isn't that different to other artists.

But using Japanese phrases (and I'm pretty sure they know they are Korean) and talking about COVID clearly shows what their intentions are.

4 hours ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Serving industry plants 

:ryan3:

garden of time :clap3:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Stray Kids fans really do not play about their faves :clap3: They found those racist paparazzi socials

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Breaking news, paparazzi tend to be less than amazing people.

Anyway, k-pop has really fallen from grace. It's always been extremely manufactured but at this point none of the groups have any personality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

That is some pretty nasty behavior. Paparazzi are definitely getting brave nowadays.

Those two paps are definitely mocking them and is giving children's party photographers. And they seem unaware that the group knows it and feels annoyed.

Posted (edited)

Never heard of Stray Kids, but damn whoever came up with that name especially when they are all 23-27 years old LOL

Paparazzi were absolutely rude and unprofessional but those boys showed as much emotion like they just did big bump of keta

No place for racism tho!

Edited by mike_int

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.