Reasons for dropping your fave

Ethereal

3 minutes ago, Beyoncei said:

Normani! I just got bored of waiting and now everything seems a bit meh! 

I would never drop her 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereal

• Gladiator

• AxelFox

• XtiRih

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Administrator

I stopped supporting my former fave commercially because she was forced to perform like a circus animal and had no human rights. I wasn’t going to contribute anymore to the human trafficking going on.

Others because there was no artistic growth and they did nothing to appreciate the fans they had. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Too many mediocre albums in a row.

(Gaga)

Edited by JO1s
  • Like 3

I would never ever drop Gaga and Miley. But I used to like doja cat during planet her, the rest is history 

Posted (edited)

When she stops making music, drop her ass 

Edited by airplane

I only feel like I've dropped Britney but it's more to do with how she's basically retired now, so I'm no longer perched or excited for upcoming projects cause nothing is coming lol.

I can only drop faves when I was a bandwaggon 1 album stan but the artist failed to captivate me enough. Sometimes I can remain a casual listener and others I cant even revisit the album I originally liked.

1 hour ago, Hurem said:

I'm still a Gaga fan, but she has become so incredibly boring that I no longer consider myself as much of a stan as I used to be.

This was me too. The first artist I ever stanned was Gaga. I stanned her through to halfway through Joanne, and Joanne is actually my favorite album of hers and the only one that I actively revisit. But once she switched and focused more on acting, I kind of fell off. She still captures my attention immediately when she drops new music - I obsessively listened to Chromatica for upwards to a year - and I follow that kind of news (lack of) closely, but I am not here for her acting career.

• Like 1

I drop them when they start making radically mediocre music :bird:

Gaga post ARTPOP…

:sleep:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

She's crazy

spacer.png

j/k She's actually amazing but also too much sometimes 

She's just not very sensitive and I am

she a Leo I'm a Cancer

Edited by HardBambi

Posted (edited)

I like Britney, Rihanna and Beyoncé but I barely even listen to their music in 2024. 

Pop is dead 

Edited by WhateverYouWant

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

She had a bunch on here?

This forum has like 500 active users at any given moment. It doesn't matter. 

My fave lost her marbles and galvanised her even more deluded "superfans" into being her mouth piece. 

I would NEVER drop Dua :heart: (don't quote me so I can hide when I see the first week numbers)

• Haha 1

It was hard to Stan Britney after the conservatorship. The music quality dropped after Blackout and the passion for performing was missing. After Britney Jean I stopped listening to her completely until Glory. 

Rihanna hasn't released in forever so I moved on. 

stopped listening to Ari after positions. Just getting back into her. 

3 hours ago, réveuse said:

I dropped Taylor Swift because of her neglectful and awful treatment of Ana Benevides and her frivolous private jet usage that is hurting the environment (Also, her suing a kid for sharing public information). There are no ethical billionaires.

All due respect but I think the private jet usage argument against Taylor is a bit tired… she's not even in the top 30 worst celebrity air-traffic polluters and considering she is the most famous woman on planet Earth - flying commercial would be a logistical nightmare and invite a laundry list of safety concerns.

Amen to no ethical billionaires point but I think the same logic can be applied to all the heavy hitters - Beyoncé, Gaga, Madonna, Rihanna etc are all revoltingly wealthy.

For me - there's nobody that I've "stopped" stanning but my interest for Lana and Marina wained considerably after 2017… purely down to the music not connecting.

4 hours ago, airplane said:

When she stops making music, drop her ass 

IMG_8152.thumb.gif.ed1d92b5eef6b37e1d13bd82565ab51e.gif

Rihtired.

I would NEVER drop Xtina and Rihanna

I like their music too much. Even if they never release a new album again. I have too many great memories with them.

3FCK5.jpeg

I'm still hoping for their collab :bird:

Even though in 2024 their musical priorities are N/A

GettyImages-2150383456-626e298dd44042589

At least they serving look

Mothers forever 

Posted (edited)

I dropped Drake and Britney because I realized what I was really stanning was their old work. I hopped on the train too late, so to speak. Plus, Drake's continued creative bankruptcy and overall loser behaviour since Her Loss really soured me on him.

A part of me feels like I should've dropped Shakira ages ago (and was really close to after DWU), but there's always something that brings me back in (that Te Felicito-TQG run, for example). Plus, she's been my fav since childhood so it's not as easy as dropping someone I've stanned for a couple of years.

There are a few artists that were in the lower line of my sig for a while (Taylor, Lil Nas, Rina, CxH, Gaga), but it was never stanning stanning. I realized the course of their careers wasn't going where I expected and abandoned them to make room for other artists.

I also used to have Janet and Mariah in my sig and I'm still a huge fan, but their legacy act stuff doesn't interest me.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 1

I stopped hardcore stanning Björk around the release of Volta. The magic she had up until Vespertine had started to wane significantly with Medulla, and it has yet to really come back. I like some of Biophilia and some of the strings rendition of Vulnicura, but her music has overall become very dissonant and "artshow." It's simply not pleasant to listen to.

Taylor for her environmental terrorism and her insane post-Folklore fanbase

I mean lbr, any reason could be a valid reason for losing interest in a once favorite artist. If an artist stops grabbing your attention for too long, why should you continue keeping up with them or supporting them? Just because you were a huge supporter and loyal fan at one point? lol it's not like they know you exist but even then, you don't owe them your loyalty just because :toofunny2: it's a big wide world of music and tens of thousands of artists out there. If you feel you gotta move on, move on. The music you did like will always be there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.