Why was Lorde's peak local compared to Lana?

VioletsandRoses

Pure Heroine didn't make much noise outside North America and Oceania, while Lana's BTD smashed almost everywhere, despite underperforming in the US first. Is it her image, music or stans just overrate Lorde's sales and impact? Discuss 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

BTD was a slow burner everywhere. By 2014 when translating singles sales 10 singles = 1 album maybe PH was above BTD overall?  PH was at 3M, while BTD probably at 4.5 million  or something in pure album sales.

Edited by Aethereal

american singers are usually more popular than the ones from New Zealand 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

why are Lana fans obsessed with Lorde idgi 

That's the million-dollar-question. They are trapped in 2013/14, and they don't want to leave. It's funny they keep saying Lana is on another level now (which is true), but they just can't help bringing her to discussions every single time. 

Edited by bielneira
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

If my fav was that bad at performing I'd be obsessed too...

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Sometimes I feel like you forget that Lana was in limbo for five years. And I remember that, at that time, while Lorde was outstreaming and outcharting Lana, y'all weren't that crazy about charts and all... hmm funny :coffee:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JO1s said:

If my fav was that bad at performing I'd be obsessed too...

Oh you ATE

FLmOIJi.gif

31 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

OP's fave is currently at the ******* Met Gala serving in one of the prettiest outfits she's probably ever used and they're still here, talking about Lorde :dies: All hail the queen who keeps on making #them bothered despited not being anywhere ever 

• Thanks 2

She doesn't really have a Stan-able personality or celebrity persona, semi by design 

no offense @Kayseri Mantisi

You can't outdo the original 

:clack:

14 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

You can't outdo the original 

:clack:

We're talking about Lorde, not Billie Eilish 

• Thanks 1

because lana is better than lorde 

/endthread

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 8

3 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

While she's about to drop a beyond boring **** ass country album by the burnt out producer Jack Antonoff, youthful Lorde currently got one of the most talented producers for her upcoming album while totally ditching Jack. It must be the jealousy because she'll once again drop something Lana would never be able to make musically even if she tried to, like Melodrama.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

It's kind of funny how 10 years later, the script has flipped entirely.

Lana is now Taylor Swift's bestie, she's the more popular streaming artist, and her stans are now the only ones making stupid comparison threads like these.

Idk Lana just gave global energy

But "Royals" was a huge WW hit and Lorde has a global fanbase too

I feel like Lana's been ahead of Lorde since like 2017 idk why y'all still insist on comparing them. :psyduck:

Im afraid she's a one era wonder, as it's been discussed several times on this forum. 

She's good for some melancholia throwback, but alternative culture belongs to Lana and Billie today. 

lana del rey love GIF

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Lorde is so harmless and isn't even active, the obsession the lanas have with her is one of the weirdest in the stan world :deadbanana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you not tired? This exact thread is made on the daily, the stans need to let it go :rip:

• Thanks 1

These threads are just made so everyone can fight with @Kayseri Mantisi At least our little thing in the best songwriter poll was organic and didn't involve Lana 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.