I applaud Camila for trying to break out of the 'spicy latina' stereotype she was in

Pikachoo

look,

I Luv It may not be what it thinks it is.

insta.thumb.gif.1b56441810a14bfe09afe93c

but you know what? at least she's trying. at least she doesn't just want to be known as 'the latin girl'. Because we are more than our ethnicity. yes we are. We are more than the culture we come from. yes, it is a part of us. yes, it made us. But take me for instance; my family is Italian. but i am more than just "family values" and "food". I have multiple facets to my personality. I am a philosopher, I am neither here nor there.

so kudos to Camila for breaking out of the expected stereotypes of a hispanic singer. show us all of you!

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

We never claimed her 

:suburban:

• Like 3

so the hispanic stereotype only comes handy when is trendy and you are selling? 

lbfr, is she was still dominating like she did with Havana she would have never made the switch 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree about the latina part but since when she was spicy she never had that type of sex appeal 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raspy said:

spicy?

Pikachoo is Italian, they don't eat a lot of spicy things...

That she put herself in? cause Crying in the Club had nothing latin about it :rip:

• Like 2

Spicy latina? Her music was giving Dora the Explorer soundtrack

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)

She literally chose it because everything flopped into oblivion before Havana.

And she abandoned it just because her last album performed tragically too.

Edited by Twopac
  • Like 2

This is word salad nonsense even for you :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, tost1 said:

Pikachoo is Italian, they don't eat a lot of spicy things...

I am Italian CANADIAN. So no, I can't handle India level of spiciness but I can handle a peperoncino calabrese or a salsa all'arrabbiata, yes I can.

20 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

We never claimed her 

Claimed? She's literally Cuban born, Mexican raised, Miami living. She is as Latina as can be. She doesn't need to be claimed because she IS 

Posted (edited)

The thing is that "stereotype" was the only thing which had commercial appeal on her If You Say So Shrug GIF

Edited by mike_int

The most innovative artist of her generation. She is not afraid to take risks. She does whatever she wants regardless of the commercial outcome. She's doesn't care of flopping and she doesn't hype herself up to an unrealistic level :clap3:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

i missed your threads 

I miss her old threads. These days it's just not the same. :cries: Like, where's the iconic writing style? Come back!

2 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

I miss her old threads. These days it's just not the same. :cries: Like, where's the iconic writing style? Come back!

same :'( @Pikachoo

Yeah, she tried something new. We have to give credit where it's due

I Luv It is a bop:clap3: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

7 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

same :'( @Pikachoo

I'm in my post-Artpop Gaga era; busy with other posting ventures (namely yelling at Gaga for no new music)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

She literally is so edgy and cool

:khalyan2:

Posted (edited)

She's always been back and forth with that. The Hurting The Healing The Floppong had nothing latin on it, but since the first two singles flopped they came quick with the latina move, and it worked for a while. For Romance she wanted to step away from that, but the songs that performed better were the latin ones. For Familia it had mostly latin songs but it was too far away from 'spicy latina' stereotype already, like, Bam Bam was... something else, but not really into the spicy stereotype

Edited by BrokenMachine

And she failed fortunately 

spacer.png

queen of versatility.:clap3:

Posted (edited)

Well yes :clap3:

Edited by PoisonedIvy

I think you're right, and I applaud her for that :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.