Did we not learn from the katy perry situation?

DawnAnti

Did we not learn from the katy's witness era and even though the music was great and yet the gp and stans bullied her and i feel like we're doing the same to dua lipa with this new era and we saw how the witness era effected katy's mental health, are we trying to achieve the same thing with dua who seems genuinely happy about this era and her vision for this album, thoughts? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

F-words only care about mental health when it's their own and they need to write about it in an instagram caption or talk about it in a relatable Tiktok video.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

It's also crazy considering Houdini, Training Season, and Illusion will all end up being multiplatinum hits. :skull:

Not having the same success you had at your commercial peak is FINE

• Like 12

I don't think this is comparable to what happened to Katy at all

• Like 9

You all do this to white girls sooner or later, **** is sad tbh.

That's why it's better to have a very concentrated and loyal fanbase, mass appeal only lasts so long.

• Like 7

Just now, heckinglovato said:

It's also crazy considering Houdini, Training Season, and Illusion will all end up being multiplatinum hits. :skull:

Not having the same success you had at your commercial peak is FINE

That's what's getting me and i noticed the same thing for witness like katy scored to 3 global smash hits (chained to the rythme   , bon appetit and swish swish) yet somehow it was a flop , i see a pattern 

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

I don't think this is comparable to what happened to Katy at all

It's not on the same level for sure but i see a pattern 

8 minutes ago, magazine said:

I stopped at "the music was great"

:suburban:

Imagine saying witness is not a good album , the audacity 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Witness is trash, Katy was thinking she could pull the woke persona off and transitioning into a Justin Bieber look alike certainly didn't help her either.

Houdini alone is better than anything Katy has released since PRISM, be for real 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

i really don't get where the DRAMATICS are coming from lmao

of course the album could end up being a colossoal bomb in the end BUT she was never a big album seller

she had DSN still being pretty big in the us when FN was released and now she doesn't, i see why she's doing less. if she keeps the era going and doesn't drop the ball like most of our faves once they notice a HINT of underperforming, she will be fine.

like sure, she could be doing better. but she will be alright, the tour, if there will be one, will be doing great too.

18 minutes ago, magazine said:

I stopped at "the music was great"

:suburban:

:ryan3:

This is not a Katy situation. Nobody's is calling Dua crazy  

1. Witness was not great. Move on. It's been almost a decade. 

2. Dua and Katy aren't comparable at all here. Dua's image and public persona has remained unchanged. Nobody is attacking her look or her personality, they just aren't checking for her music. Katy, in comparison, literally became lame in the eye's of the public.

• Thanks 1

There's nothing happening to Dua Lipa right now except for very niche community that has absolutely no influence whatsoever having a laugh (that is extremely tame btw) at the bad numbers her new album is getting. She's a multi-millionaire, she can handle these 2-3 days.  

• Like 3

Dua just need to fire her dad. Thats it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"Witness is a good album"

"Witness had 3 smash hits"

The rewriting of history omg

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, Iceland said:

Dua just need to fire his dad. Thats it

I low key agree with this statement 

20 minutes ago, Cheers said:

"Witness is a good album"

"Witness had 3 smash hits"

The rewriting of history omg

Since when swish swish bon appetit and chained to the rythme aren't hits ? 

Katy released the same album over and over since TD while Dua is laying claim as the new psychedelic princess of pop. She's making experimental pop so huge chart success was never the goal!:giraffe:

Ah yes, the the golden rule of ATRL - there has to be a thread about Witness every two days 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kern said:

Ah yes, the the golden rule of ATRL - there has to be a thread about Witness every two days 

for real the only place that music is still discussed at any level

• Like 1

Since when were Bon Appetit and Swish Swish "smash hits" when neither even reached the top 40 of the Hot 100, and especially after the whole YouTube viewbotting fiasco for their MVs? :bibliahh:

Chained was a moderate hit nonetheless

• Like 1

It is sad that Dua couldn't have her Prism first. But maybe she'll able to come back

Yeah, the culture can be awful. You can say an album is bad, but there's no need to attack the person or bully them because they realeased something that was not very good. Same happened to Gaga with ARTPOP, to Mariah with Glitter, and to Ava Max with Diamonds and Dancefloors. The public turned their back against them when they were on top of the world. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.