Megathread: Drake vs Kendrick in a War of Diss Tracks

Devin

I could see him winning Record of the Year/Song...Best Music Video and sweeping the rap categories at the Grammys with this. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Virgos Groove

• Devin

• REDMAN

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

5M+ views in four hours. :alexz:

Kendrick is the moment.

Definitely #1 next week. Kdot killing it.

Edited by jomarr

The state of music videos is a bit sad these days so it's great seeing a fun well made/well thought out music video deservedly racking up views like crazy. Kendrick killing it on all fronts.

Hopefully this shows there's still a place for music videos in today's landscape, you just have to put some effort into them (and not necessarily tons of money).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Wicked said:

p7bwcpwa5q7.gif

12M views in 12 hours

p7bwcpwa5q7.gif

• Haha 1

I'm still obsessed with the new song snippet. He got all the heavy stuff off his chest on his last record and he's about to deliver an album full of club bangers. I'm already seeing the vision

p7bwcpwa5q7.gif

• Like 6

~20M views in 24 hours? :clap3:

These industry people need to start spilling the beans. This is a producer/engineer from Cali.

Someone in the YouTube comments said is Kendrick doing 17 pushups in the video to represent his 17 Grammy's, but also because that's is how oldest Drake likes them.

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2024 at 8:55 AM, Gossip_Boy said:

I'm still obsessed with the new song snippet. He got all the heavy stuff off his chest on his last record and he's about to deliver an album full of club bangers. I'm already seeing the vision

p7bwcpwa5q7.gif

wheeeew maybe he is finally taking AOTY this year (if he drops until September) 

1 minute ago, liquiddiamonds said:

wheeeew maybe he is finally taking AOTY this year (if he drops until September) 

If that happens, next year's ceremony is gonna be ruthless. Taylor vs. Kendrick vs. Bey vs. Billie. :rip:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

If that happens, next year's ceremony is gonna be ruthless. Taylor vs. Kendrick vs. Bey vs. Billie. :rip:

The way I can see them already scrambling real fast for a Jon Batiste-like scapegoat for this messsssss lol

Edited by liquiddiamonds

Kendrick is dropping in October. Allegedly.

Octobers Very Own finna have a different meaning.

• Like 1

There's so much Black American visual nods in this video I really want someone to break it down on YouTube.

The explicit nod to minstrelsy was the most immediate one for me. Which is cool because the song itself has several of our music traditions such as call and response. It's Bluesy ASF

Still, I want a short film for euphoria, 6:16 in L.A. & meet the grahams.

On 7/4/2024 at 3:39 AM, Wicked said:

I need that video TONIGHT. Dropping it on my birthday makes it so much better :jonny6:

Waittt happy belated bday :heart2: 

• Thanks 1

Not Serena throwing strays now too

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2024 at 5:55 PM, Virgos Groove said:

Chappell Roan could also be a possible chance considering she's now rising in popularity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.