Megathread: Drake vs Kendrick in a War of Diss Tracks

Devin

26 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

It's like Budden was saying, he's been collecting enemies like infinity stones. Not even Nicki or Wayne are stepping in to help him. :dies: 

Hell, one of his (and Kendrick's) past collaborators came on TikTok and made a long, polite video that can ammount to "yeah, dude's a gigantic vulture".

One of the insiders you mentioned was saying on Discord this whole industry oust might have to do with him messing with Pharrell.

Joe's pod last week was an all timer. He's right tho, why is Drake beefing with Ja Morant lol or anybody else really. It'll be interesting to see what happens next, who will continue collabing with Drake and who will respond to the music. Losing Future and Metro is a bigger deal than people think. The industry will choose Future over Drake more times than not. I didn't listen to FATD (and won't) but even Drake stans didn't seem to fw that album and who knows which rappers won't pick up the call for a collab now. If they do they gonna be blacklisted too lol

That dude in that second tiktok made great points, The Alchemist has said similar thing lol nobody is calling Alchemist a colonizer, Drakes weird. When he came here (Brooklyn) to shoot a music video I was so perplexed, he was outside the marcy projects acting like he channeling Hov I was so disgusted. I can't wait for the think pieces and documentaries about Drakes career.

I was there for Coolee's discord interview, he didn't really say too many new things but having them in one spot is nice. I just hope Drake subs Kendrick or drops another diss so I can hear more of the 5 other songs Kendrick did. :ahh:

• Like 2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Virgos Groove

• Devin

• REDMAN

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Physical disability... Jimmy Brooks wouldn't be proud... the person that was in the hotel hall when Drake came in? Maybe Drake and his team did something to them?

GNTUcZVXsAAm7C_?format=jpg&name=900x900

This **** is getting creepy, it feels like we're two seconds away from the Gotham mayor getting kidnapped or something. :dies:

I saw on reddit that the first 18 seconds of 6:16 in LA has a sound very similar to that man's ventilator, and there have been two screencaps of this CCTV footage posted so far that are 18 seconds apart... :deadbanana4:

25 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I didn't listen to FATD (and won't)

You didn't miss much, trust me

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wicked said:

$800k? Omg :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

$800k? Omg :deadbanana4:

I imagine sites like TMZ are making offers that made the price go up.

I wouldn't sell to TMZ if I was him, they're pro-Drake they would probably bury it.

Sounds like they got it. 

Not him getting the biggest Drake dickrider to release it, it's so over :deadbanana4:

• Haha 3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't get "*** *** *** *** ***, Dot **** em up" out of my head. I went to the supermarket and started mumbling it out of nowhere. :deadbanana4:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Virgos Groove said:

I can't get "*** *** *** *** ***, Dot **** em up" out of my head. I went to the supermarket and started mumbling it out of nowhere. :deadbanana4:

Mines is F.A.N., 69 God :deadbanana:

Or from Euphoria (even before Not Like Us came out) : U don't know nuttin bout that :rip:

• Haha 3

Just now, JBJT2786 said:

Mines is F.A.N., 69 God :deadbanana:

Or from Euphoria (even before Not Like Us came out) : U don't know about that :rip:

This is something people aren't acknowledging enough. The vocal inflections and the ammount of memorable phrases >>>

MTG is a better diss and NLU is catchier, but Euphoria is still my fav song out of this beef. He came into the studio mad as hell.

:rogue:

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Help dude I've got SO many soundbites from the songs stuck in my head with the particular Cadence he delivered them in:

-"Aw, I hope the sentiment's symbolic" 

-"LET ME SAY I'M THE BIGGEST HATER" 

-*Heath Ledger Joker Voice* "Push a T" 

-"Whooping feet" 

-"Nothingboutdat" (this one is so catchy lord) 

-"A minorrrr"

-"Sweet Chin music" 

-"Are you my friend? Are you locked in?" 

Fhfhffc there's so many more. On Drake's side I think I only like "drop, drop, drop" but then knowing this backfired for him is a kii

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

& lest we forget 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

This is something people aren't acknowledging enough. The vocal inflections and the ammount of memorable phrases >>>

MTG is a better diss and NLU is catchier, but Euphoria is still my fav song out of this beef. He came into the studio mad as hell.

:rogue:

I'm still quoting the following from the top:

Dementia must run in his family, but let it get shaky, I'll park his son

I pray they my real friends, if not, I'm YNW Melly

Let me see you Push a T

How many more Black features 'til you finally feel that you're Black enough?

Let your core audience stomach that, then tell 'em where you get your abs from

Headshot for the year, you better walk around like Daft Punk ( this one is so underrated)

When I see you stand by Sexyy Red, I believe you see two bad *******

And of course U don't know nuttin bout that

KDot is a comedian and thisll probably be my most played song this year ( I thought it'll be Levii Jean's before this but NOPE).

Btw...once I found out the whole Toronto accent part and what Kendrick really meant by saying crodie....I can't stop laughing at that part :bibliahh:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Specter said:

Help dude I've got SO many soundbites from the songs stuck in my head with the particular Cadence he delivered them in:

-"Aw, I hope the sentiment's symbolic" 

-"LET ME SAY I'M THE BIGGEST HATER" 

-*Heath Ledger Joker Voice* "Push a T" 

-"Whooping feet" 

-"Nothingboutdat" (this one is so catchy lord) 

-"A minorrrr"

-"Sweet Chin music" 

-"Are you my friend? Are you locked in?" 

Fhfhffc there's so many more. On Drake's side I think I only like "drop, drop, drop" but then knowing this backfired for him is a kii

I'll give Drake the "Metro shut your hoe ass up and make some drums *****"

Though BBL Drizzy was an excellent comeback to that.

49 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

This tbh :jonny5:every time he inflects his voice it gets stuck in my head for so long in everything i do :deadbanana4:

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Specter said:

22 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

I'll give Drake the "Metro shut your hoe ass up and make some drums *****"

I actually think Family Matters had a few legitimately hilarious lines. :dies:

• I heard that one of 'em little kids might be Dave Freeeeeeee
  • Knew it was smoke when Abel hit us with the serenade / ... said, "Uh, uh" / Almost started reachin' for my waist
  • All the Rocky drags. :dies:
  • Two separate albums dissin', I just did a Kim to it, ..., skim through it
  • Ross callin' me the white boy and the **** kind of got a ring to it / 'Cause all these rappers wavin' white flags while the whole fuckin' club sing to it (this one did NOT age well :rip::rip::rip:)
  • Body after fuckin' body and you know Rick readin' my Miranda rights
  • Kendrick just opened his mouth, someone go hand him a Grammy right now
  • That whole Prince/Michael/Jermaine double entendre

It's easily Drake's best in ages, but Euphoria still cleared, MTG buried it, and NLU retrieved the body to give it another smack. He never stood a chance.

:suburban:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dooart said:

This tbh :jonny5:every time he inflects his voice it gets stuck in my head for so long in everything i do :deadbanana4:

Even MTG, the most "lowkey" of the tracks, still has "I think ... like him should f- die", where it sounds like he's actually spitting the last word, and "******* DEAD BEAT WHO SHOULD NEVER SAY MORE LIFE". Kendrick is a top-tier comedian even when dragging Drake's entire psyche. :jonny4:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 1

It's getting worse for BBL Drizzy. So does this mean that the daughter might actually be real. Cuz if so.....OMG!!! I think Drakes career is done.

It's also alluded that Drake might have another diss track coming.....please no!!!

1 hour ago, JBJT2786 said:

It's getting worse for BBL Drizzy. So does this mean that the daughter might actually be real. Cuz if so.....OMG!!! I think Drakes career is done.

It's also alluded that Drake might have another diss track coming.....please no!!!

Let him release the diss. That's the only way we get the other Kendrick disses lol

The lies blowing up in his face are hilarious.

Truth be told, I had not actually listened to "The Story of Adidon" prior to this…

ALL of Kendrick's disses make it sound like a nursery rhyme :deadbanana4: no shade

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, HarajukuPrincess said:

Truth be told, I had not actually listened to "The Story of Adidon" prior to this…

ALL of Kendrick's disses make it sound like a nursery rhyme :deadbanana4: no shade

This is easy to say now, at the time it was CRAZY. It was def the bar I had for Drake disses but Kendrick shattered that completely with Meet the Grahams.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Samson said:

Revisiting all of the songs and I think it's clear that Drake messed up by being unfocused, too obviously insecure, out of touch, and thinking he can punch down every rapper because he sells the most out of every artist except Taylor Swift

- A common pattern for Drake's beefs is that he's always punching down, or at least tries to. He's frequently taking jabs at rappers who are past their commercial peaks or never had the mainstream appeal that he has; i.e., his strategy is sonning rappers because they don't sell like he does. The weird thing is that in "Family Matters" (aka his "red button"), he attempted to son everybody except Kendrick. Not that he could son Kendrick (especially because Kendrick has sales and acclaim; Drake just has the former), but the departure from the strategy made his disses far less potent. Kendrick had no problem sonning him. Maybe I don't pay enough attention, but is this the first time the Drake has punched up in a beef?

- To continue on Drake addressing everyone a certain way but Kendrick: Why was he so unfocused in "Family Matters"? Drake tried to go so hard with this "1 v 20" narrative that nobody outside of his fanbase cared about. Barely anybody even tuned in to the one non-Kendrick response ("Champagne Moments")—Drake, as he didn't prerecord his responses, should have noticed this instead of trying to wack people who weren't even acknowledging him the first time he dissed them in "Push Ups". It made "Family Matters" way less lethal than it would have and more unfocused than anything.

- On the topic of "Push Ups": soft-launching the track via leak and then only giving it an official release once enough people said they liked it was a coward move. Namedropping Whitney after what happened to him when he mentioned Virginia Williams was a (stupid!) coward move. Dedicating verses to everyone but the person who actually had smoke for you on record was a coward move. Talking about cowardice…

- Drake's insecurities affect his every move; every rapper and every close observer of hip-hop knows it. His insecurities stem from the fact that Toronto is deemed soft compared to the backgrounds of most American rappers. Drake has always put on a persona to compensate for this—the difference is that at the start, that persona came from angst and hunger with a hint of introspection. Now (or at least since the late 2010s), he's no longer angsty, hungry, or introspective; it's pure performance. Pay enough attention and you'll figure out why his new music hasn't been driven nearly the amount of cultural capital as his 2011–16 work did. This is open field for Kendrick to play in, and he sure enough went for it four times.

- Finally, Drake said some dumb sh*t that just proved Kendrick's point about him being out of touch with Black American culture or sensitivities. The "slave" line in "Family Matters" may have gotten a chuckle out of a few of his fans but it pissed off a ton of people. The fact that Kendrick took that one line and wrote a whole verse proving how out of touch Drake is with Black Americans says enough. Drake dedicating several bars of "The Heart Part 6" to a misinterpretation of a song about a specific trauma that affects many Black American households was another instance of Kendrick being proved right. People lashed Drake so hard for those lines that his fans had to come online and start trying to convince people that Drake was playing some sort of 4D chess—nobody bought it.

Now that the initial rush is over I've been able to organize my thoughts. The amount of faux pas Drake made throughout this whole thing is shocking once you start spelling it out. Maybe he should stick to punching down on sitting ducks like Meek Mill :bam:

He so gravely miscalculated the situation its hilarious to think about. He also didn't see Kendrick as being on his level, which is the biggest mystery or all to me. I think he decided to address multiple people on Family Matters because he genuinely didn't have that much for Kendrick. Even Akademiks whose been in Drakes ear this whole time is saying he lied about the Dave Free thing, and plating evidence via a mole. :skull: which leads me to believe not only did Drake get violently out-rapped by every technical aspect, but there's probably heavy truth to Kendricks accusations.

It's like Drake didn't study for a final but thought he had it in the bag just to get an F+ and every question wrong. :rip:

• Like 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.