• Wicked

• Virgos Groove

• Devin

• REDMAN

Top Posters In This Topic

Girl :deadvision:

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

If Drake takes this to court it will be very embarrassing lol from a beef POV. Streets won't ever let that go. He is smarter than that

I could see UMG going for damages, but not Drake filling himself

Edited by liquiddiamonds

33 minutes ago, JO1s said:

:dies:

The "Permanently Closed" in the cover art omg :ahh:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, liquiddiamonds said:

To win damages, UMG would have to show that Kendrick caused them to lose money. Both Drake and Kendrick are under work with UMG via OVO/Republic and TDE/Aftermath/Interscope, and UMG profits from all of these diss tracks. Seems like UMG shouldn't have anything to complain about.

Edit: @Wicked is right. Interscope is still distributing Kendrick's diss tracks though.

Edited by Stimulus
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Stimulus said:

If Drake wants to win a defamation case, he probably shouldn't have claimed that he and his team gave Kendrick's team false information.

Case dismissed!

Judge Joe Brown GIF

• Thanks 1

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Stimulus said:

To win damages, UMG would have to show that Kendrick caused them to lose money. Both Drake and Kendrick are under UMG via OVO/Republic and TDE/Aftermath/Interscope, and UMG profits from all of these diss tracks. Seems like UMG shouldn't have anything to complain about.

Kendrick is no longer with TDE, he's independent, he just has a distribution deal with UMG which makes this way more interesting.

They can't tell him what to do 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Toronto has fallen

:khalyan:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, liquiddiamonds said:

If Drake takes this to court it will be very embarrassing lol from a beef POV. Streets won't ever let that go. He is smarter than that

Even if the label went for the court would be embarrassing for Drake, it just means he's too cooperate to beef with

1 hour ago, REDMAN said:

Do you know how bad perception has to be for your catalog to go DOWN in a beef??

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Devin this should be added to the OP, it's all the subliminals leading up to this beef.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJBD47p0stu1dj3gYh9QzLgMU3rgyMzWN&si=Lx_qDvaKVSFEXtVz

Wiley saying he told Top about Drakes ESPN interview, Kendrick has been READY since then.

Edited by Wicked
  • Like 3

Let me go contribute to To Pimp a Butterflys streams rn. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Toronto has fallen

:khalyan:

Canada should never claim this mediocre scam artist with a midlife identity crisis 

• Haha 1

future vs gunna now. :mandown:

4 hours ago, Wicked said:

Do you know how bad perception has to be for your catalog to go DOWN in a beef??

That is actually CRAZY how drake didn't see an increase or neglible change. 5% is actually huge considering how much of a force Drake is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Devin said:

future vs gunna now. :mandown:

A birdie told me that a song on that Future project is directed at Drake too. :rip: I'm very interested in a Future diss track, his pen is underrated.

16 minutes ago, DollyPardon said:

That is actually CRAZY how drake didn't see an increase or neglible change. 5% is actually huge considering how much of a force Drake is.

Yeah I hope Billboard or whoever keep an eye on this and we get more updates cause that is kinda crazy. 

23 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Drake stans trying to pull the commercial success card... nah, you're not gonna Pusha T your way out of this one. Kendrick has the arts and the charts. :rip:

Plus, like other people have mentioned, numbers are not as important as talent and quality in hip hop (pop could learn a thing or two, and I say this as a pop fan).

This is what happens when you let hubris get in the way. He thought his numbers would back him up against Kendrick ******* Lamar in a rap battle and he just got a cold dose of reality. It was over for him the moment "with some bodyguards like Whitney" came out of his mouth. :dies:

Is anyone who disagrees with you now a stan? I don't even like Drake (although Kendrick's music is similarly lame)

Hip hop has always been about gloating, the insistence that chart success doesn't matter only is used as a manipulation tactic until it's actually achieved and then the narrative flips. Kendrick has his first solo hit in over half a decade thanks to dissing Drake so it's not really much of a clapback when this is the only way you can get played on radio lol

Similarly as much as Megan's diss was better to Nicki Minaj, it's not really a congratulatory feat that the only way people are playing her records now is because of Nicki Minaj beef

1 hour ago, dinorhino said:

Is anyone who disagrees with you now a stan? I don't even like Drake (although Kendrick's music is similarly lame)

Hip hop has always been about gloating, the insistence that chart success doesn't matter only is used as a manipulation tactic until it's actually achieved and then the narrative flips. Kendrick has his first solo hit in over half a decade thanks to dissing Drake so it's not really much of a clapback when this is the only way you can get played on radio lol

Similarly as much as Megan's diss was better to Nicki Minaj, it's not really a congratulatory feat that the only way people are playing her records now is because of Nicki Minaj beef

You are completely out of your depth in this conversation.

One if the very obvious points being made by Not Like Us is that if he really wanted to make fun, straightforward club bangers and earworms, he could.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dinorhino said:

Charts aren't the end-all be-all of music conversation, let alone in a genre like hip hop, which has always had a competitive spirit. Nas' highest-charting song is a J.Lo feature (:rip:), but no one would deny he's one of the biggest legends in the genre.

Jay bragged about his numbers, but when he and Nas beefed, Jay didn't go "well, I sell and you don't!" and ignore him. Supa Ugly, Blueprint 2... he was the peak of his career and still had to defend his credibility.

A diss track being a hit is the cherry on the top, not the actual meal. Hip hop has always had gloating, but when someone tells you to prove it, you have to stand your ground and win. Drake lost here, and he lost in 2018 too. It's two asterisks that will follow him forever, like Ether is an asterisk in Jay's career.

Plus, before Like That, Kendrick was already a) one of the biggest rappers in the world, b) one of the most respected rappers, c) someone with multiple classic albums under his belt.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

This isn't over. He's going to drop again. Which is the wrong move but...

That person still in here with nonsense got me crying. N95 was #3 on the Hot 100. This new revisionist slant to say Kendrick Lamar can't get hits is ******* crazy.

• Like 1

• Thanks 2

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.