Megathread: Drake vs Kendrick in a War of Diss Tracks

Devin

Whoever merged all these tracks into one thread needs to unmerge it. 

Kendrick literally having a huge hit (actually 2) and here they are tucked away in some nonsense group thread. 

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Virgos Groove

• Devin

• REDMAN

Top Posters In This Topic

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, REDMAN said:

But I need for them to actually add meet the grahams as well.

trifecta.

so happy for Kendrick.

The thing is Drake said he was going to take a break so it's not like he won't take time off to regroup anyways.

Kendrick is about to launch a new era so this is going to benefit him even more in oncoming months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Whoever merged all these tracks into one thread needs to unmerge it. 

Kendrick literally having a huge hit (actually 2) and here they are tucked away in some nonsense group thread. 

Not Like Us needs a thread at the very least!

• Thanks 1

• Like 1

All in all, isn't Drake just a Diddy lite ?

They go in the same circles, their labels clearly bribe the Grammys, Drake's daddy is Lucian Grainge, Diddy's daddy is Clive Davis, "allegedly" involved with minors, work for white music executives to access and extract money from hip hop, both going the rapper/business man path with multiple non-music ventures

No idea if he as bad as Diddy, but their role in the industry is essentially the same

1 hour ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

All in all, isn't Drake just a Diddy lite ?

They go in the same circles, their labels clearly bribe the Grammys, Drake's daddy is Lucian Grainge, Diddy's daddy is Clive Davis, "allegedly" involved with minors, work for white music executives to access and extract money from hip hop, both going the rapper/business man path with multiple non-music ventures

No idea if he as bad as Diddy, but their role in the industry is essentially the same

isn't Lucian also named in one of the Diddy lawsuits :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

isn't Lucian also named in one of the Diddy lawsuits :deadbanana2:

Yes

Defendants executed their RICO Enterprise with threats of isolation from the music and entertainment industry: parading powerful music industry executives such as Defendants Lucian Charles Grainge, Ethiopia Habtemariam at his parties filled with sex workers, minors, and illegal drugs, such as ecstasy, cocaine, GHB, ketamine, marijuana, and mushrooms.

41. According to Mr. Jones, whenever Defendant Grainge visited Mr. Combs at his homes, it would be in the evening, and he and Mr. Combs would disappear for hours in Mr. Combs bedroom.

Diddy is sleeping with Drakes label daddy ? We can connect the dots pretty easily

4 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Yes

Diddy is sleeping with Drakes label daddy ? We can connect the dots pretty easily

ooou thats not- :hoetenks:

I'm so conflicted, the hip-hop head in me knows how insanely bad it would be for Drake to sue Kendrick for this, it would be image ruining for a rapper to sue another rapper for a diss record.

However, Drake is way too corporate and big of a brand to let a song like Not Like Us potentially become a summer anthem, the song reeks of a slander & defamation lawsuit. 

• Confused 1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just purchased Not Like Us even tho I been streaming it nonstop 

Such a bopppp it gives the same energy Pac gave in Hit Em Up. if Drake really gets tried to get it pulled…  pusss

• Like 3

Rate Your Music update

meet the grahams: 4.54 (5,539 ratings), #1 for 2024, #1 overall

Not Like Us: 4.24 (3,520 ratings), #3 for 2024, #130 overall

euphoria: 4.21 (4,355 ratings), #4 for 2024, #160 overall

Push Ups: 3.28 (1,486 ratings), #152 for 2024

Family Matters: 2.92 (1,478 ratings), #219 for 2024

Champagne Moments: 3.12 (188 ratings), #203 for 2024

BBL Drizzy BPM 150.mp3: 4.03 (365 ratings), #6 for 2024, #2,026 overall

• Haha 4

After being on social media during this rap beef I can now see how Drake got so famous. There are thousands of troll accounts telling me that I didn't hear what I heard  and every track Drake dropped was superior to Dot's. 

It's very orchestrated and if I didn't stand on bidnizz I would think my ears were lying.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stimulus said:

Rate Your Music update

Not Like Us: 4.24 (3,520 ratings), #3 for 2024, #130 overall

euphoria: 4.21 (4,355 ratings), #4 for 2024, #160 overall

Push Ups: 3.28 (1,486 ratings), #152 for 2024

Family Matters: 2.92 (1,478 ratings), #219 for 2024

Champagne Moments: 3.12 (188 ratings), #203 for 2024

BBL Drizzy BPM 150.mp3: 4.03 (365 ratings), #6 for 2024, #2,026 overall

people not being honest with that family matters score

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Stimulus said:

Rate Your Music update

No friggin' way, #1 OVERALL?? :weeps::dies:

my fav Drakeisha really is over :clap3:

Edited by theoghon
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Re: the last page… The only reason why numbers are even being discussed (asides from acknowledging how popular these songs are) is because Drake and his fans have constantly justified his place in hip-hop with numbers and not critical acclaim—which hasn't been great since 2015. Kendrick has received universal acclaim since Section 80. That Drake is by far the most commercially successful rapper but he still doesn't get universal acclaim like Kendrick eats away at him and his fans.

His peers can smell it—remember in 2021 when he rescinded his nominations at the Grammys after he got nominated for the rap categories and none of the general categories (which effectively took away another rapper's chance at nomination)? Stunts like those probably entertained his fans but I bet you that his peers and some suits didn't appreciate that.

Drake and his fans don't get to talk about how well he streams to justify his spot in the pantheon of hip-hop and then try to flip it against Kendrick when he starts breaking records. "Kendrick's biggest peak is a song talking about another man!!!" Then why isn't your commercial GOAT outstreaming him at his own game? His disses are on the same platforms as Kendrick's. He's the one who decided to take "Like That" to heart and tried to pull a "Back to Back" on Kendrick and then got his own strategy flipped against him. He's the one who thought he could "Story of Adidon" Kendrick and turn it into a gossip situation instead of keeping it a bar-for-bar situation. Is this your 69 God? :rofl:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

One of the minor tangential mysteries from Drake's track (Family Matters) is his biggest accusation being that K is a woman beater...but then on the same song he shouts out Chris Brown? :deadbanana2: And then on TH6 he says whoever was feeding K info was a clown, but then later says HE was planting info?? Mcmcldmd

Are these ghostwriters not talking to each other on that free to edit Google Doc or 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

• Like 2

:cm:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Space&Time said:

Not all of Kendrick's top 15 songs being about Drake :dies:

3 hours ago, legendofthetour said:

I'm so conflicted, the hip-hop head in me knows how insanely bad it would be for Drake to sue Kendrick for this, it would be image ruining for a rapper to sue another rapper for a diss record.

However, Drake is way too corporate and big of a brand to let a song like Not Like Us potentially become a summer anthem, the song reeks of a slander & defamation lawsuit. 

lol no one cares about slander and defamation in hip hop. Battle rappers slander and defame each other right to their faces :toofunny3:

3 hours ago, legendofthetour said:

If Drake wants to win a defamation case, he probably shouldn't have claimed that he and his team gave Kendrick's team false information.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Not the memes turning out to be true :dies:

• Haha 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.