Megathread: Drake vs Kendrick in a War of Diss Tracks

Devin

7 minutes ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

From the limited report it seems that someone was shot in the house overnight. Why is it only being reported now?

Unless they confronted the person feeding Kendrick info and it turned violent, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the rap battle.

This might have been it... We'll have to wait for developments but that's crazy.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Virgos Groove

• Devin

• REDMAN

2 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

You're just frustrated that this beef is stopping Camilla from releasing her single. The Drake feature would do nothing for her past the first week bfr

You're right in any other scenario I wouldn't care about this 

:ryan3:

• Haha 6

Just now, Bentley said:

You're right in any other scenario I wouldn't care about this 

I know boo she's cursed this era fr she needs a plan b for a summer single

spacer.png

Just now, liquiddiamonds said:

I know boo she's cursed this era fr she needs a plan b for a summer single

spacer.png

She still gonna drop the collab we pray. Then they can go back to tacky rap disses and slinging bullets

just don't let sis catch a stray 

• Haha 1

Seems like some shallow reporting if true.

Yeah I will say as much as I'd LOVE for Kendrick to dig into/expose it all — in a way he already has — he now has Drake the machine to go against, which is a lot more impervious to Kendrick than Drake the rapper is. 

The rapper was always going to lose to K Dot; there was little doubt about it especially when it  shows how much attention Kendrick clearly paid to Drake's music (& Drake couldn't even correctly interpret one song :deadbanana:). But the industry behind Drake is one that pulls a lot of sneaky **** with a lot of monied interest. Millions and millions. 

Drake's biggest financial draw is his crossover appeal. He's proven that his genre fluidity is almost unmatched, and that's where the money is. Kendrick has done deep damage to that movement in/across hip hop, so for his own safety (actual safety, not just future bags being stopped) I'm hoping he now stops. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

"Is it that serious"

kendrick saying Drake is a pedo and a part of child sex rings is definitely serious lol

• Like 3

two #1 hits in the basket?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

see this where things take a dark turn….

keep the beef between the 2 artists. we dont need fans & instigators doing this. :rip:

16 minutes ago, Devin said:

keep the beef between the 2 artists. we dont need fans & instigators doing this. :rip:

these dumb dumb should just sit down and enjoy the new music

:clack:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, truthteller said:

these dumb dumb should just sit down and enjoy the new music

!!!

and they just discovered the man who got shot in toronto was drake's security. 

2 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

You're just frustrated that this beef is stopping Camilla from releasing her single. The Drake feature would do nothing for her past the first week bfr

If that's the case let's keep this beef going. 

Drake Kendrick said yo mamas a hoe. Now go record so more tracks to stop camilas release :lmao:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

mte, I think he's just going to pander fully to pop audiences now that all is lot 

It would be crazy to witness the whole hip hop culture expelling an huge artist like that, culture changing tbh

Reminds me of Ja Rule going from the top hit maker at the start of the 2000's… then having his career end for going at 50 and Eminem :deadbanana2: lmfao 

• Like 2

• Haha 1

Yeah, I don't think anyone believes this is the end of Drake. However, this is going to have a huge impact to his credibility as a rapper. There's definitely significant damage done. I don't think there is any precedent for some one as big as Drake to take a beat down like this. The better rapper won decisively.

Drake should take the summer off and come back and do Pop/R&B. If tries to come back with rap, especially the street savvy stuff he has been doing, he is going to get panned.

As for Kendrick. Wow. The undisputed KING. Not Like Us is such a ******* bop. The numbers for the disses are crazy! We need a video and an new album before the end of the summer from him. I think he has one more in the barrel, the real "Drake ender" and it will be on his album. The hype and sales will be UP.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Devin said:

It's straight people girl.

Asking them to try and engage in critical thinking is INSANNNEEE!!! :deadbanana2:

On 5/5/2024 at 1:42 PM, Virgos Groove said:

Kendrick re-recorded Bad Blood after not doing a pop verse in years. She's not doing anything against him after that.

He did a rap verse for Dido in 2013... 2 years is hardly a break worth mentioning.

2 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Reminds me of Ja Rule going from the top hit maker at the start of the 2000's… then having his career end for going at 50 and Eminem :deadbanana2: lmfao 

Even better when you remember Drake was comparing himself to 50 during the lead-up to FATD.

:suburban:

• Like 1

Just now, NoAngelus said:

He did a rap verse for Dido in 2013... 2 years is hardly a break worth mentioning.

I'm talking about the Taylor's Version that came out last year. After 6 years without pop-star collabs, everyone thought he wouldn't do it. Taylor even made a whole Insta post about it, you can tell she was grateful.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

I'm talking about the Taylor's Version that came out last year. After 6 years without pop-star collabs, everyone thought he wouldn't do it. Taylor even made a whole Insta post about it, you can tell she was grateful.

Oh... I thought you were talking about Bad Blood from 2015.

Posted (edited)

Kendrick, I never asked you for anything. PLEASE do a Drake version of this

:suburban:

Edited by Virgos Groove

the XO vs OVO battle has erupted.

1 minute ago, Devin said:

:deadbanana2:

I had a feeling Abel wouldn't take kindly to the lyric "Weeknd music getting played in all the spots where boys got a little more pride".

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

Not bisexual-on-bisexual crime

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.