Megathread: Drake vs Kendrick in a War of Diss Tracks

Devin

1 hour ago, IsidoraMarí said:

He doesn't need to provide evidence. It's a rap battle not a lawsuit. 

It's about being funny and disrespectful...

See I feel like Story of Adidon changed the way people view rap disses. It's about being funny and disrespectful, but people now seem underwhelmed if there's not some big "expose" going on. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Virgos Groove

• Devin

• REDMAN

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, iHype. said:

Both of them took it way too far and it feels very creepy and sinister now and beyond a rap beef. They're both making sexual assault and deep subjects a laughing matter and material for a rap beef. 

This feels like Bum Fights or something. Neither of them are going to look back on how far they went and be proud. 

Also wanting this stuff to be true for either because you like one person's music more is just beyond weirdo stan rotted brain behavior 

Nah it's good. If you can't take the heat get outta the kitchen.

Up to Drake  to wear his big-boy pants and not be offended and quietly move on. Given that he was the one who started this back and forth (notice how initially two people were dissed? Drake and J Cole were both the butt of jokes on the original (mild) diss track. But while J Cole eventually moved on, Drizzy couldn't move on. He was insecure and felt too hurt. Insecurity is a b*tch when yer a rapper. Drake could have sit this one out and reacted at a later moment, at a time and date of his own choosing. Instead he got butthurt and decided to be petty, problem is he is not exactly a writing genius. So reacting on short notice was not suitable for him. But he made his bed, so let him lie in it.

Edited by Raiden
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Nah it's good. If you can't take the heat get outta the kitchen.

Up to Drake  to wear his big-boy pants and not be offended and quietly move on. Given that he was the one who started this back and forth (notice how initially two people were dissed? Drake and J Cole were both the butt of jokes on the original (mild) diss track. But while J Cole eventually moved on, Drizzy couldn't move on. He was insecure and felt too hurt. Insecurity is a b*tch when yer a rapper. Drake could have sit this one out and reactd at a later moment, at a time and date of his choosing.

No, it's not a good thing for either of them to make up lies/unverified truths about domestic violence and pedophilia. It'd be one thing if it's true but evidently it's not 

• Thanks 1

This is getting very ugly.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Only Drake would name a hush money corporation Silence Policy. :hoetenks:

But, yeah, it's getting very ugly. I remember seeing some weird rumours before the beef (and getting huge Neverland vibes from that mansion of his), but I never thought it could go this deep.

Can't believe I used to stan this weirdo.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 1

Just now, Virgos Groove said:

Only Drake would name a hush money corporation Silence Policy. :hoetenks:

But, yeah, it's getting very ugly. I remember seeing some weird rumours before the beef (and getting huge Neverland vibes from that mansion of his), but I never thought it could go this deep.

I know what you're referring too, I saw it too. I also saw other stuff that Kendrick had in the tuck (from the insider who was right this entire time), like things that made Kendrick have to up the artillery in protection for what he was going to say & show.

People are digging into Drake now and not liking what they finding. This is probably the end of any direct diss records between the two.

• Like 1

drake getting dragged in multiple languages

:suburban:

• Haha 3

• ATRL Moderator

All this is really the result of Drake inserting himself into dynamics he doesn't belong in, and letting his insecurity get the best of himself. That TikTok earlier in this thread explains it better than I could, but his insecurity about not being included on the same list as Kendrick and Tupac despite his commercial performance is what gets him into these situations. We already know that he was heated over Macklemore apologizing to Kendrick and not him for that one Grammy :rofl:

Drake's streams might be fine after this, but Kendrick did something that will be worse than a flop album—he made Drake radioactive to hip-hop. The next 12 months in hip-hop are going to be really interesting

• Like 11

Not Like Us is on repeat, regardless of the beef this is a certified BOP. :WAP:

Whoah! What's going on?

• ATRL Moderator

Btw this whole thing is clicking with the public in a way I haven't seen before in any other recent beef. I went out this past Saturday and heard Not Like Us twice and some people were doing the "OV-HOE!!!" call-and-response :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The banner is so extra, be serious :rip: 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Squall said:

The banner is so extra, be serious :rip: 

Your fav gets a banner every time she wakes up in the morning. I'd say one for the biggest hip hop event in years isn't overkill. :rip:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wicked said:

I know what you're referring too, I saw it too. I also saw other stuff that Kendrick had in the tuck (from the insider who was right this entire time), like things that made Kendrick have to up the artillery in protection for what he was going to say & show.

People are digging into Drake now and not liking what they finding. This is probably the end of any direct diss records between the two.

I'm now remembering that this medium who predicted diddy's undoing said drake would have his own fallout too

I didn't think it would be spearheaded by diss tracks though :rip: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Your fav gets a banner every time she wakes up in the morning. I'd say one for the biggest hip hop event in years isn't overkill. :rip:

1. No she doesn't 

2. It doesn't take 4 lines (which is annoying on mobile)

3. It's not updated every second these kids decide to fight 

I just know he's going to love writing the Like That and Euphoria columns in 5 years or so. :dies:

Interesting article, and it really sums up the general vibe: Drake is not only feeling the pressure, but starting to spiral.

Sweet chin music and I won't pass the AUX 

spacer.png

• Haha 5

Are they going back and forth with new songs?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, St. Charles said:

Honestly though if Kendrick knows something about Drake being a predator, why didn't he allude to anything in particular? Everything has been very vague so far. Does he know something or not?

He was/is going to... Which is why today umg is 'rumored' to be putting a stop to this best they can . Their second biggest artist after Swift (Drake) has a song #2 on global Spotify calling him a PDF and predator.

This is what I didn't want to get into earlier but exposing something like this which if true, undoubtedly has several other key people tied into it and puts Kendricks life in danger is not some easy task or even as easy as sending **** to the authorities. And assuming this is all true I think whatever he does have isn't necessarily illegal but things that would firmly change his public perception for good. He also alluded to details in these 4 diss tracks that people are missing that are linked to sick things. The powers that be are probably trying to shut him up or already have.

Edited by Wicked
  • Like 3

I think the party's over y'all ... I can see how major corporations don't like their cash cows linked to pedophilia and sex trafficking. It's probably why Drake had to wave the white flag in his last track. I wonder how they'll encourage/incentivize Kendrick not to take it further. While Not Like Us is certainly a lyrical and commercial victory lap in this battle. I wonder if he intends to drop more or is he willing to let this be the end. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wicked said:

oh thats not—

• Like 1

HMMM so is he going to respond or what? COMMMMEEEE KDOTTTTTTT u can't stop nowww I KNOW He's probably done with it, but GIVE US ONE LAST SHOT BROOOO

i think kendrick not gonna respond bc the heart part 6 was 🏳️🏳️🏳️ vibes.

im curious to see how this impacts the future.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.