Megathread: Drake vs Kendrick in a War of Diss Tracks

Devin

19 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Also, I know Drake is the Teflon rapper, but surely this is gonna affect his commercial success, right? He just took the biggest L of his career, picked the absolute worst angle to address pedophilia allegations, and is getting clowned on by everybody. Surely he can't In My Feelings his way out of this one... right?

:suburban:

As @Wicked rightfully pointed out, the optics around him are going to be pretty cursed for a while. But what I see less discourse around is that even within the industry, his image has taken a giant ******* L. One of the ingenious things Kendrick did on NLU is he put the artists that /do/ rely on core hip-hop audience validation on passive blast for allowing Drake to hijack their reputation/cred like Future, 21S, and so on.

So though Drake's career is going to be fine, like it always was, his ability to get straight up hip hop hits w/ features is going to be severely limited. If you are someone respected in hip hop you don't want to platform Drake for now and you DEFINITELY don't wanna risk him shading Kendrick on your record ddd; 5 mins after that track is finished in the studio K will have your family info laid out :deadbanana2:

• Like 10

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Virgos Groove

• Devin

• Specter

22 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Also, I know Drake is the Teflon rapper, but surely this is gonna affect his commercial success, right? He just took the biggest L of his career, picked the absolute worst angle to address pedophilia allegations, and is getting clowned on by everybody. Surely he can't In My Feelings his way out of this one... right?

Oh it definitely will affect his image and it spread awareness about his behavior. But like, his ways were known and these clips been there on the web forever. None of these allegations are brand new. So the people who knew and listened to his music regardless will keep tuning in.

4 minutes ago, Specter said:

As @Wicked rightfully pointed out, the optics around him are going to be pretty cursed for a while. But what I see less discourse around is that even within the industry, his image has taken a giant ******* L. One of the ingenious things Kendrick did on NLU is he put the artists that /do/ rely on core hip-hop audience validation on passive blast for allowing Drake to hijack their reputation/cred like Future, 21S, and so on.

So though Drake's career is going to be fine, like it always was, his ability to get straight up hip hop hits w/ features is going to be severely limited. If you are someone respected in hip hop you don't want to platform Drake for now and you DEFINITELY don't wanna risk him shading Kendrick on your record ddd; 5 mins after that track is finished in the studio K will have your family info laid out :deadbanana2:

I don't think this is over, perhaps Kendrick dropping diss tracks is over but this Drake thing isn't. These are very important figures in current Hip Hop saying it's **** Drake for whatever reason that is. They don't want anything to do with him. I think Hip-Hop looks different from this point.

• Thanks 9

8 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Hard to say ? If Drake now on just goes full on *** it all and starts to fully cartering to pop audiences who wants watered down rap, then I think he'll be fine because they won't gaf

It's over for real when Kendrick samples Millie on his next diss track

• Haha 5

I let out the nastiest laugh after I heard the b sharp d flat d major line

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

:deadbanana4:

it's giving

Gv5Wz8.gif

• Haha 8

Drake saying he's big in Japan has another ring to it when you remember that country's age of consent used to be 13.

:clack:

• Haha 9

Posted (edited)

Wait, @Machete got perma'd? Future was right, life IS good

:ryan3:

Edited by Virgos Groove

All that Young Money crew getting brave and attacking real artists like Kendrick is laughable. 

They're bunch of clowns and enablers of predators. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Burn said:

:mazen:

I hate to defend this loser, but this is a fake screenshot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Kendrick Lamar charts four songs in the top 10 on US Spotify:

#1: Not Like Us (4.453M) 
#2: euphoria (3.638M)
#7: Like That (1.995M)
#9: meet the grahams (1.767M)

'Not Like Us' by Kendrick Lamar debuts at #2 on Global Spotify with 7.8 million streams.

'Meet The Grahams' by Kendrick Lamar debuts at #19 on Global Spotify with 3.32 million streams.

Edited by Wicked
  • Thanks 9

8 minutes ago, Burn said:

:mazen:

Girl there ain't no way that's real. It would have thousands of comments under it :rip: 

Rick Ross literally saying "Oh that's not..." on tape has me crying actual tears

Drake doesn't trust any of his ghostwriters after Meet The Grahams and it shows.

:clack:

• Haha 1

:deadbanana2:

• Like 1

he claims he's too famous to be a pedo?

he has lost it  :dies:  This one is his "Big Foot". The ghostwriters didn't do a good job with this one

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

The Tortured Drizzy Department, an Anthology.

NOOOO  :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

When Drake said started from the bottom he meant his BBL LMAOOOO I am happy to see his basic vanilla as* is finally getting the drags and lashings it deserves

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Wicked said:

The one thing Drake had over Kendrick...

• Haha 1

Drake's ghostwriters good at those hooks though :chick3:

Will be using his stuff for the gym even though it's team *** drizzy :mandown: :rofl:

Posted (edited)

I like The Heart Part 6, but I feel like Kendrick delivers more, Kendrick is angryyy, like someone stole his child.

Drake is too mellow. Go for the white meat luv...

Edited by TryMe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.