Let's say Dua fires her dad and hires YOU as her manager…

TROPICUM

Hmm…  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Keep promoting, release a new single. This era can be saved.
    • Semi-promote the album, no new single, maybe release a deluxe version.
    • Stop promotion, let Dua go on tour, maybe a Houdini performance here and there.
    • Completely abandon the era and album. Tell Dua to book her studio immediately and forget this ever happened.

Posted (edited)

What's the plan? what's the MOVE? 

how do you save Dua Lipa?

Edited by TROPICUM

arrange a colllab with the queen of pop aka Britney Spears

then prepare to own the music industry and let the rest unfold effortlessly 

• Haha 2

I'd engineer a scandal for her to keep the GP interested.

• Confused 1

"Max Martin. Yes. Why yes, hello. I was hoping you'd answer..."

• Haha 1

dua lipa was a brand that was slowly getting built and marketed by tap mgmt to be a voice for fresh, mindless pop bangers for the charts. literally the rihanna of her generation, sexy voice that could turn any boring demo that has potential into a catchy bop. when you take the away all that and the dozens of writing sessions chasing hits, you are left with a pretty looking popstar with a nice voice who really has nothing to say but who's trying to become more of an albums artist without any strong concepts, foundation or talent to fall back on. as much as i enjoyed RO and i think houdini is one of her best songs, y'all need to accept reality that she was extremely lucky to be able to curate such an album like future nostalgia thanks to tap and their writing camps, the future is albums like RO for her as clearly she was tired of that kind of artistic journey hence why she split from tap. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

I would've done everything in my power to get her in the studio with James Murphy

Edit: Oops thought you were asking what we would've done if we were in charge of this era lmao I'm illiterate

Edited by uusagii

she should just tour & work on the next album.

Release 10 new high-profile collabs and see what sticks and becomes a hit and slap them onto "Radical Optimism: Beyond Limits" for more streams

Posted (edited)

What are you listening to that is so much better than this album that is making you make these threads?

I would really like a list of these songs that are so much better than Radical Optimism. :cm:

I'll be waiting.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 2

I would:

1. Try to keep the era afloat by heavy promotion and a couple more singles. I would have a big promotional tour lined up consisting of performances and interviews with just about any publication she could get access to.

2. Heavily encourage her to get back into the studio ASAP and get a new album ready to release by at least a year from now - NO longer than a year and a half to two years.

I would maybe even encourage her not to tour before putting another album out so she can focus on the music and crafting more hits.

19 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

What are you listening to that is so much better than this album that is making you make these threads?

I would really like a list of these songs that are so much better than Radical Optimism. :cm:

I'll be waiting.

now where did i say it was a bad album… i was just asking what would you do so the album can be a bit more successful 

kuawop-kaori-zach-campbell-zachary-campb

49 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

now where did i say it was a bad album… i was just asking what would you do so the album can be a bit more successful 

If i was Dua Lipa's manager i would encourage her to make a sex/comedy album with EDM, pop/rock, r&b, and reggaetton influences, as i would encourage everybody in the music industry to do.

Keep promoting and release a new single because if she cuts and moves onto the next album, it will definitely be a flop era. It also will show that she doesn't truly believe in the material. 

I would release What'Cha Doing? and End of an Era and maybe, Maria or Falling Forever. Maria is very different from anything Dua has ever made and it would be a good opportunity to showcase her doing different sounds.

After those 2 singles, I would release a Moonlight-type edition with 5-6 songs that are more Tame Impala and Blondie-sounding. I would love for Dua to have a song like Maneater by Nelly Furtado, One Way Or Another by Blondie and Elephant by Tame. More thrashing, ravey-type songs.

• Like 1

Join the Sugababes

Get on a yacht, have her go "missing". Re-appear 3 months later. 

9rSBmwN.thumb.gif.c0a5c34046fe8519b5d538

Add Dance The Night to it, release a deluxe version with 5 new tracks that are surefire hits, collab with Kylie for a gay camp classic… do something "controversial" for some headlines. 

SNL is a great choice 

• Thumbs Down 1

of course you little baguettes online think they can do a better job....

literally most of you gave the album one listen and decided you didn't like it and that's because you just hate Dua for some reason

I'll be enjoying Radical Optimism no matter how it does, music not the bling :jamming:

Leak fake info to the media to get hype.

BREAKING NEWS: Dua Lipa officially begins dating alleged loser Drake after Kendrick Lamar destroys him! Tries to sooth his broken heart

Radical Optimism would have opened with 400k in the US first week just out of ppl streaming it out of curiosity :( 

57 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

of course you little baguettes online think they can do a better job....

literally most of you gave the album one listen and decided you didn't like it and that's because you just hate Dua for some reason

I'll be enjoying Radical Optimism no matter how it does, music not the bling :jamming:

it's not just us, haven't you seen the timeline today? it's nothing but lashings and the gp ain't streaming/buying

For every 40 hour work week she works, she can have 3 hours of vacation and will have to earn it

This is her Rated R era without the acclaim - her Loud era is coming

Posted (edited)

They have been 'semi-promoting' this whole time, so I guess keeping up with that before the tour. The next era should start by early 2025

Edited by BrokenMachine

I'd ask why she hired someone who does IT to manager her career :cm:

Posted (edited)

I would really love for her to make a left field alternative dance album completely letting go of expectations of radio. Working with James Murphy (like someone else said in this thread), Jamie XX, more work with Danny L Harle, Arca.

Edited by MatiRod

I think it's time for her to be the lead in a big budget movie + release a soundtrack album.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.