Albums Ruined by Bad Selection of Producers?

AvadaKedavra

Lemme start :eli:

Jack Antonoff (Always the Same production tricks. Always recycling ideas ZzZzZ. Always the same basic Synthpop)

img-0968-65e4b8c08fde1.jpg?crop=0.713xw:1.00xh;0.144xw,0&resize=1200:*

Oren Yoel (Urban producer makin a Country Record)

71WsolRKhFS.jpg

Pharrell (Amazing songs and genre experimentation from Shakira but the production feels a bit cheap/like demos/songs badly cutted)   

He was good with the Neptunes but some of his pop productions definitely feel very simplistic-amateurish.
Shakira was not the only victim of Pharrell

maxresdefault.jpg

Your turn. Post yours

cv9ghwG.gif

• Like 3

Younger Now is great as it is. :gaycatina1:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if the album underperformed or jack antonoff = bad 

if the album smashed or got great reviews = good 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

Younger Now is great as it is. :gaycatina1:

Well, the title track is :gaycatina1:

8 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

Well, the title track is :gaycatina1:

That especially, yes! :gaycatina1:

Any album Jack Antonoff produced for the past 3-4 years :biblionny:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This album desperately needed Max Martin & Shellback

Taylor_Swift_-_Lover.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devin said:

chromatica. :rip:

not the first reply when I came here to say this :deadbanana:

• Like 1

Will.I.Am

and I don't even have to say the album 

• Like 3

Mike Will is a great producer & he's really developed his chops in the years following this album but despite the ideas being all there, the execution on his contributions to Bangerz felt so rudimentary & sloppy. He was stretched past the limitations of his skill set at that time, especially when the sound ventured past his signature style at that time. The songs that aged the best were produced by Pharrell.

Chromatica and I'm saying this as a fan of the album. Like It has some great production on songs like 911 and Replay but there's also the generic sounds of Free Woman, Fun Tonight and Plastic Doll. It's just a shame cos it's a great album in many ways but the generic production on some of the tracks really lets it down. 

• Like 4

Kevin Parker & Danny L Harle on

Dua_Lipa_-_Radical_Optimism.png

Kid Harpoon & Tyler Johnson on 

Miley_Cyrus_-_Endless_Summer_Vacation.pn

Aaron Dessner & Bryce Dessner on 

Taylor_Swift_-_Evermore.png

Christopher Rowe on 

Taylor_Swift_-_1989_(Taylor's_Version).p

BloodPop on 

Lady_Gaga_-_Chromatica_(Official_Album_C

71Z4CoquUZL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Kiesza's debut album (which was one of the main reasons she bombed on arrival) her friend that made Hideaway with her did every song on the album except like 1 song. Launching a brand new artist into the mainstream lane with their friend producing their album destines their career to be limited. 

34 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

Aaron Dessner & Bryce Dessner on 

Taylor_Swift_-_Evermore.png

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2: 

1989 TV is literally unlistenable outside of a few random tracks that actually sound better so that one

Ariana's sweetener is prime example of an album ruined by one main producer

Literally all the non Pharrell tracks are goated

2 hours ago, bjorn said:

Will.I.Am

and I don't even have to say the album 

That trainwreck definitely could have been salvaged with just about any other reputable pop producer who would've provided better song selections.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

Kevin Parker & Danny L Harle on

Dua_Lipa_-_Radical_Optimism.png

That is entirely on Dua and Kevin tbh.  All of Danny's work for other artists is good.  

Edited by Archetype
  • Like 1

Tortured Ears Department

Antonoff was good on:

- Melodrama

- MASSEDUCTION :heart2:

- Lover

- NORMAN F*CKING ROCKWELL! :heart2:

- Folklore

- Evermore

- Dance Fever 

he was okay on:

- Daddy's Home

- Did You Know There's a Tunnel…

he was bad on:

- Chemtrails

- Midnights

- Solar Power

- Tortured Poet's Society

this doesn't dictate whether or not I like or dislike any of these albums. I love Daddy's Home and Did You Know… but the artists themselves carried what I love so much about those two albums. I like at least two tracks on those last four albums mentioned, but overall on all four of those, his production did a disservice to the quality :bam:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bloodpop killed Chromatica. I stand by that these are some of Gaga's best written songs and melodies but the production is just so predictable and generic.

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by Edit0rz

anyway! moving on from #him lemme mention some others:

9b5344793e9b01fe31679caff7b11c32.600x600I love this album, but the production ranges from bleh (Don't Waste Your Time) to great (Never Again, Sober, How I Feel) to a bit overcooked (One Minute, Hole, Haunted). I think if she got someone like Glen Ballard (who did Alanis' Jagged Little Pill) or Daniel Lanois (who did U2's The Joshua Tree) or even someone who P!nk tapped for Try This (which overall I find inferior to My December, but in terms of production, it's more polished) then she could've gotten exactly all the timelessness of those first two aforementioned albums 

c70abccd44cf2b2c52788e3184f67834.1000x10another album I really like! but Darkchild's production only really comes alive half of the time. the title track feels super awkward with those beats being as audacious as they are, they could've been toned down a bit, and Parking Lot could've been mixed a bit better. at the same time, Darkchild killed it on Waiting for the Night. the REAL productional highlight on the album though is (cute) bi king Passion Pit's spotlight moment on Circles. he should've been on more songs tbh. I also like the Rick Nowels songs a lot!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devin said:

chromatica. :rip:

AM I DEAF? That album is in her top 2. Enough with the bs on this website :biblio: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.