More impressive: 5 GF Grammys + 2 Oscars OR four AOTY Grammys?

playwithme

More impressive?   

75 members have voted

1. 1. More impressive?

• Billie's awards
    • Taylor's awards

Billie's; her wins are unquestionable in a way most of Taylor's aren't, especially the Midnights AOTY trophy 

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 3

billie is the correct answer. :clap3:

• Like 4

Billie sweetie

Taylor will never see an Oscar in her lifetime 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If we're being real, the Best Original Song Oscar is more comparable to a genre category Grammy than a GF Grammy, but I do think Billie's wins feel more clear

• Like 1

Taylor's by far. She will forever be written in Grammys history as the 1st to ever win 4 :jonnycat:

36 minutes ago, A Million Lights said:

Billie sweetie

Taylor will never see an Oscar in her lifetime 

if she can get into the Best Original Song category, I can see the overall voting body going for her.

And if Dianne Warren can get into Best Original Song 18 or however many times, I don't think it's implausible to think Swift could eventually get nominated.

Posted (edited)

People in the film industry would kill for an Oscar, let alone two.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1

i think billie tbh

• ATRL Moderator

This is clearly a set-up, since Taylor has tried so hard for an Oscar nomination and never been able to do it. But four AOTY wins is obviously incredibly impressive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

What's a GF Grammy? :biblio:

General field (SOTY, ROTY, AOTY, BNA)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue Monday said:

Billie's; her wins are unquestionable in a way most of Taylor's aren't, especially the Midnights AOTY trophy 

Billie beating NFR for AOTY is just as questionable as Midnights winning this year. Everything I wanted winning ROTY in 2021 was also a choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Billie for sure.

11 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Billie beating NFR for AOTY is just as questionable as Midnights winning this year. Everything I wanted winning ROTY in 2021 was also a choice.

Nobody actually expected NFR to win unlike SOS being considered a front runner. EIW was the best song there and has outlasted the ones Stan Twitter were upset lost. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

:ahh:

Posted (edited)

Billie of course. Oscars and Tonys are way more prestigious and harder to get than the Grammys/Emmys part of EGOT

never mind taylor's desparate attempts at an Oscar that have failed to even land her a nomination

Edited by Price of Fame
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Billie 

25 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Absolutely not but keep telling yourself that. 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

WWAFA, WDWG had a much better combination of sales, acclaim and cultural impact than NFR.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Benji124 said:

if she can get into the Best Original Song category, I can see the overall voting body going for her.

And if Dianne Warren can get into Best Original Song 18 or however many times, I don't think it's implausible to think Swift could eventually get nominated.

Dianne Warren's current streak of nominations isn't really indicative of the type of smashes she used to write; the music branch clearly loves her since they keep nominating her. The same cannot be said for Taylor

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 1:53 PM, Folklore89sm said:

Please, name one record nominated alongside Everything I Wanted which would have been more deserving of the award. Say So, DSN, Savage, Circles, and Rockstar couldn't hold a candle to EIW. 

Arguably, Black Parade may have been a deserving winner as a node to black history and culture, but let's be real: it was going to be EIW no matter what.

EIW is lyrically, vocally, and production-wise a masterpiece and one of Billie's and Finneas' best songs, if not the best. 

OT: Both are incredibly impressive, but in very distinct way. Taylor being able to win the top album award 4 times during a career spanning nearly two decades is a testament to her tenacity and enduring ability to resonate with both the public and critics. Those four trophys are a testament to her sustained excellence. Meanwhile, Billie's awards highlight her groundbreaking entry onto the scene, and as a young artist at that. They reflect her ability to shake up the industry and her impact on contemporary music.

I think both Taylor and Billie have not only excelled in their fields but have also pushed the boundaries of what young female musicians can achieve, and are likely going to serve as an inspiration for future generations of artists. I don't think there's any need for comparisons:michael:

Edited by raisetheroof
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The best song category at the oscars is like the only one people don't respect 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

And still Dua Lipa couldn't get even a nomination

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

The way Gaga hater always lose and TANK the people they (fake) stan for in the process :ahh:

20 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

The way Gaga hater always lose and TANK the people they (fake) stan for in the process :ahh:

Nah acting like you care about something you don't because you have nothing else (Gaga's acting career) is a monster's thing 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.