1. 1. Is it…

• Rare.
    • Familia.
    • Can't Be Tamed.
    • Radical Optimism.

Which third album/era is the biggest?

:suburban:

Posted (edited)

Miley's career is interesting because she had so many album releases between her first couple of studio albums that by the time she released Can't Be Tamed, it felt like her career was much more longer and overexposed. I mean, The Time Of Our Lives was initially meant to be a cute Walmart-exclusive EP, but ended up being a 3x RIAA platinum album for her. Something all these albums could only dream of.

Out of the options, I think the answer is Rare, but maybe Warner can add a random stand-alone single to RO and make it work for Dua.

Edited by Scars

When the sun goes down sweetie:suburban:

Out of these four albums, Miley's was the biggest. Can't Be Tamed had EVERYONE talking. The GP thought this was her going crazy era (even though it's very tame in hindsight :rip:). This was a very risky bold move for Miley and it paid off. 

Rare is actually Selena Gomez's 6th album, hope that helps :heart:  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrZ6vtDF-00mZCKvONkuL   :ryan3:

• Haha 3

Kinda insulting for the other 3 to be compared to Familia :rip: 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Can't Be Tamed a big moment for Miley, so it felt bigger because it had people talking.

But Radical Optimism has already had three Top 10 UK singles, so it's no slouch.

The other two are not worth discussing if we're going to discuss which was bigger.

Edited by The7thStranger

Probably between Rare and Can't Be Tamed

But in terms of quality 

Can't Be Tamed > Familia > Rare > Radical

Rare but I think a RO song can take off in the future and make the era bigger :zzz:

Posted (edited)

Familia spawned a moderate global hit (DGY) and a big global hit (BB), Rare had LYTLM which smashed hard but served poor longevity, RO has a moderate hit with Houdini and Can't Be Tamed had controversy - I'm so confused as to why people are saying CBT. This was the first of Miley's big flops. 

So I'd say:

1. Rare

2. Familia

3. Radical Optimism

4. Can't Be Tamed

Things can change considering RO has just been released and the competition isn't exactly big.

Edited by thatsmydemi

19 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Familia spawned a moderate global hit (DGY) and a big global hit (BB), Rare had LYTLM which smashed hard but served poor longevity, RO has a moderate hit with Houdini and Can't Be Tamed had controversy - I'm so confused as to why people are saying CBT. This was the first of Miley's big flops. 

So I'd say:

1. Rare

2. Familia

3. Radical Optimism

4. Can't Be Tamed

Things can change considering RO has just been released and the competition isn't exactly big.

i agree with this ranking x

Of course Rare, which is coming for 3 bi streams

On 5/4/2024 at 10:45 PM, Kamil24 said:

Familia was the biggest.

Let me just copy this.

:suburban:

On 5/4/2024 at 11:58 AM, TitanicSurvivor said:

When the sun goes down sweetie:suburban:

WTSGD is probably bigger than Rare like... longevity > cute little peaks :suburban:

Rare :giraffe: then Can't Be Tamed. Familia probably last, despite it being a better album than RO tbh. :michael:

Oops I didn't read. I voted for Familia because I liked it the best. Its obviously not the biggest but why ask which one is bigger when the numbers don't lie?

On 5/4/2024 at 1:17 PM, thatsmydemi said:

So I'd say:

1. Rare

2. Familia

3. Radical Optimism

4. Can't Be Tamed

Can't Be Tamed had the best sales and the most notoriety. If it had been in the streaming era, it would have had way more consumption.

The real confusion is why people are acting like Rare is on Radical Optimism's level.

Daily Streams:

LYTLM - 367,705

Look At Her Now - 36,571

Rare - 31,011

Houdini - 1,655,463

Training Season - 1,746,690

Illusion - 1,890,173

Rare had a Deluxe version and RO hasn't had one yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.