Iran to offer scholarships to expelled US students

Tropez

The head of a university in Iran is reportedly offering scholarships to students in the U.S. who have been expelled for taking part in pro-Palestinian demonstrations on campuses.

Mohammad Moazzeni, head of Shiraz University in the southern region of Fars, extended his proposal to those protesting Israel's actions in its war against Hamas, following clashes between demonstrators and law enforcement across America.

"Students and even professors who have been expelled or threatened with expulsion can continue their studies at Shiraz University and I think that other universities in Shiraz as well as Fars Province are also prepared [to provide the conditions]," he said, according to Irainian state-owned outlet Press TV.

U.S. students have been facing arrest or expulsion following their actions in support of a ceasefire in Gaza and the divestment of their universities from companies which support Israel.

The agency added that Moazzeni was "announcing Shiraz University's decision to offer scholarships to students expelled from European and American universities."

Shiraz University, which Newsweek has contacted for further comment, was formerly known as Pahlavi University. Established in 1946, it is one of the Islamic republic's most prestigious universities and is listed among its top three research-oriented schools.

https://www.newsweek.com/iran-shiraz-protesters-palestinian-1896011

• Haha 2

Why would anyone go to that sh*thole country?  :deadbanana4:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I mean I get why people are obviously disgusted with the US, but if you are suddenly pro-Iran and actually ready to go there I have bad news bestie :gaygacat9:

• Like 1

Yeah it's fair being disgusted by the US' actions, but willingly going to Iran? **** off :deadbanana4:

:rip:

• Like 1

but what if they are women or gay  :rainy:

definitely not

• Like 1

Psy-op for the pea brain culture war girlies, don't fall for it :khalyan2:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Politics should be forbidden on this board

Edited by LadyDiana
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, aadrl1 said:

If anyone goes, that really shows Alt Left and Alt Right is just a fine line away :rip:

Its a very thick line. The centrists with the right have a lot more in common, such as supporting genocide

Edited by rihannafan

I hope no students who are American citizens take this, willingly making yourself a political pawn in an Iranian/US dispute :rip:A recipe for disaster

The student's frustrations with their university and the US are of course valid, but sometimes the enemy of your enemy is not you friend :rip:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.