Slayyyter is leaving her record label, will be independent in a few months

STARFUCKER

Posted (edited)

I hope this means we are getting No Comma soon 

Edited by STARFUCKER
Title

I fear the inevitable is about to happen and her releases will start to be more sporadic due to lack of finances :monkey:

This will be her end :rip: Kim won I fear

• Thumbs Down 1

I always thought she was independent.

2 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

I always thought she was independent.

It was a very small label, and they didn't fund a single video for Starfucker

I would prefer for her to remain independent for the next project so she can get something out quickly I'd she wishes, or even revisit the mixtape like she has hinted at

Surely big labels will be wanting to snap her up 

You timestamped but I'm 5 minutes in and they're still not talking about it :skull: where is the part where she says that?

I thought she was an independent artist this whole time

92ajN4I.gif

thank god, honestly that label did nothing for her

15 minutes ago, STARFUCKER said:

It was a very small label, and they didn't fund a single video for Starfucker

I would prefer for her to remain independent for the next project so she can get something out quickly I'd she wishes, or even revisit the mixtape like she has hinted at

Surely big labels will be wanting to snap her up 

She really should sign with a label, but maybe some sort of a deal that allows her artistic freedom

i'm kinda surprised she hasn't been approached by a major already, i feel like every label wants a charli xcx adjacent pop girl on their roster at this point

I didn't even know she was signed with a label :rip: 

STARFUCKER was so excellent it scared them :clap3:

• Like 1

I'm so shocked she was signed to a label because the whole Starfucker era gave independent release :dies:

Hope she finds more success she's so talented, talent always wins :heart:

Cmon queen hope this works out :heart:

STARFUCKER was incredible so hope we don't have to wait too long for a follow up

Also dead at her being signed to a label because I also thought she was an indie queen 

22 minutes ago, Laura Palmer said:

STARFUCKER was incredible so hope we don't have to wait too long for a follow up

Also dead at her being signed to a label because I also thought she was an indie queen 

She is an indie artist, Fader is an independent label.

i didn't know she even had a label, clearly they did nothing for her. she's carried by her own talent only.

• Thanks 1

What exactly did Fader do for her, besides limiting the amount of tracks she could put on the album and giving no budget for music videos?

Fader didn't really do anything for her and most people who follow her know she's been having issues for a while now.

She deserves the major label backing Kimberly has, but she has vision and talent, she will be alright.

3 hours ago, bielneira said:

I thought she was an independent artist this whole time

92ajN4I.gif

Independent is being used in two ways here.

Many people refer to indie acts as such because they're signed to small independent labels outside of major corporations.

She was on an indie label. It sounds like she will be self-releasing and financing her own music without a label if she doesn't sign to another.

Honestly good for her. Going indie seems like the only way for most artists to make money nowadays.

19 minutes ago, Communion said:

Independent is being used in two ways here.

Many people refer to indie acts as such because they're signed to small independent labels outside of major corporations.

She was on an indie label. It sounds like she will be self-releasing and financing her own music without a label if she doesn't sign to another.

Oh... got it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.