Tons of SEVENTEEN albums end up in trash

Squall

Wtf :dies: I guess their fans only wanted the goodies or whatever :skull: 

• Haha 1

Photocard collectors are wild.

• Like 1

Don't show this to Billie

• Like 3

How do these groups feel when they see their music in the trash bin? Honestly everything is so manufactured there they might not even care themselves

• Haha 1

Absolutely decadent. Doesn't anyone actually think about the environment? Completely senseless destruction of the environment.

• Like 1

Why tho :rip:

Wow.

Well that's what their music is anyway.. Trash

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I think that a lot of these KPOP albums come with collectors items like art cards / posters and they're completely random, so people buy multiple copies trying to either collect them all or just get their fave, so it seems like they're just after the bonus content and not the actual album as they'll already own a copy of that.

Super wasteful, but the people who manufacture these albums are also to blame as they know exactly what some fans are going to do. It encourages mass buying! :ace:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Right where it belonged to :clap3:

Happened to SKZ as well

and guess what? both SKZ and 17's music is trash

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

There's a $1 section at my local record store that has K-Pop albums with just the cd & lyrical booklet. It's insane how far fans will go just to collect photocards/photobooks :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

In almost every k-pop album theres a photocard included with the idols' selfies on it, usually you only get one or two randomly so people bulk buy these albums to pull their favorites and then throw away the albums cause they mostly only buy it for those photocards. 

• Like 1

kpop companies should rethink their decisions and just release stand alone photocards cause :skull:

where they belong :clap3:

At this point those k-pop artists aren't anything more than Pokemons to these people :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I also dont understand the photocard obsession personally but to each their own :rip: 

I do LOVE albums with huge magazine-like photobooks like 99% of kpop albums though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I also dont understand the photocard obsession personally but to each their own :rip: 

I do LOVE albums with huge magazine-like photobooks like 99% of kpop albums though

There's something so fun and you get like such a rush from opening a k-pop album seeing who you pull, so I kinda get it, but I buy multiple copies just to throw them in the trash. :rip:

Posted (edited)

At this point, why don't they just bundle postcards with digital editions/codes? I guess they want to make as much money as possible but since fans aren't interested in the physical product, they would still buy them (and they wouldn't need to waste money in producing physicals and packages).

Edited by Squall
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sonny said:

In almost every k-pop album theres a photocard included with the idols' selfies on it, usually you only get one or two randomly so people bulk buy these albums to pull their favorites and then throw away the albums cause they mostly only buy it for those photocards. 

Tbh companies should do a campaign of returning the CDs, for a % off on next purchase or something..

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Squall said:

At this point, why don't they just bundle postcards with digital editions/codeS? I guess they want to make as much money as possible but since fans aren't interested in the physical product, they would still buy them (and they wouldn't need to waste money in producing physicals and packages).

There's strict Internet laws that would label this as gambling.

They should just bring back those stickers albums that people used to buy in the 90s and collect and trade lol it seems its more about that than the music

spacer.png

I know people locally who offer a service to receive and open hundreds of albums just to send the photocards abroad.

Then they're responsible for recycling everything (for a price). :toofunny3:

I recently bought two AESPA mini albums for my brother for 3,99€ each just because they didn't have the photocard. The original price was 31,99€ :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.