If she doesn't breakthrough, Madison Beer should produce for others

BryceG

I had no idea she was the lead writer and creative producer of her own music.

This is music operating at a level that far exceeds her years.

How can somebody this talented not just breakthrough as a solo artist but not have dozens of other pop stars lining up to work with her?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What does breakthrough even mean in 2024?

The girl is huge on social media and can do music for her brand for the rest of her life

The days of artists getting massive hits and being unescapable are far gone.

The only ones getting in that level are the 00s artists

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Isn't this song "smashing" for her standards? She's rising.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trent W said:

What does breakthrough even mean in 2024?

For me, it's when there are no concessions, and the music stands on its own two feet as a business in itself.

Breakthroughs happen all the time, so I'm unsure what your point is about.

Not everyone needs to "break through". She has a fanbase and the freedom to release the music she wants to. She's good.

• Like 4

hits aren't her priority, she's a true artist and that's what a lot of people misinterpret about her due to having a preconceived idea about her. her music is amazing and she has a loyal fanbase, she'll continue to be fine, I'm sure she'll do work for others later down the line, but she's far too early on in her career to be thinking about that

• Like 3

I actually think she is in a great place. She produces, composes, writes her music and directs a lot of her MVs. I do feel bad that she gets overlooked and not taken seriously because of her looks, but she has a fanbase that goes to her tours. Not everyone needs to be at the top.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BryceG said:

For me, it's when there are no concessions, and the music stands on its own two feet as a business in itself.

Breakthroughs happen all the time, so I'm unsure what your point is about.

Breakthrough is normally an ancient concept of an artist getting a bunch of hits and being recognized in a mainstream level as part of monoculture or household name.

Since Monoculture has dissolved and it's impossible to reach that level in the 2020s the concept is far gone

Maybe you meant something else, but the general concept of breaking through is outdated and far gone.

She is sooooo good. She really deserves more

ejiE4lN.gif

Just now, Trent W said:

the general concept of breaking through is outdated and far gone.

Except it isn't.

I'm mixing the 5th album of an artist that her team (label and management) hope will break her through later this year.

That is the general term for it. The meaning may have changed, but that's the standard industry terminology and will continue to be for decades to come.

Do you truly believe there isn't a difference between broken and unbroken artists? Because there is.

She has built a fan base and follows her own sound, I think she's just fine. Her second album with the 60's infused pop is her own little niche and she's clearly happy with it and the creative freedom she has, I don't think she needs to expose herself to be scrutinized again.

46 minutes ago, BryceG said:

is the ginger girl the same one that was in That 70s Show? :eek:

13 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

is the ginger girl the same one that was in That 70s Show? :eek:

No

This song and mv made me check her music out. She actually very good I never looked deep into her artistry but I've learned she actually does everything herself. Which is impressive and speaks about her talent. 

• Like 1

I mean she'd still have to breakthrough as a producer..  

Nobody is owed a career. Least of all her

Madison just needs to find a lane to shine, her LDR snooze lullabies wouldn't go anywhere outside of her fanbase while i always see her going viral on social media when she goes the pop/R&B route with those camp videos.

She just needs to explore more of that vibe and her breakout moment will be imminent when the right song comes in, but if she's good with what she does then good for her

Edited by Lady Claire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.