What should Kim Petras do next?

Tropical

Kim-Petras-Lead-Press-Image-1-PC_-Steven-Klein-2.jpg

Even as a diehard Kim Petras fan, it's safe to say for the commonfolk of ATRLers, she is not a beloved figure on here. Having paved her way for years in the indie/bubblegum pop realm, she unexpectedly crossed over in a huge way featuring with "Unholy," landing her first Grammy in the process, but has since failed to capitalize on that. "Alone" with Nicki Minaj flopped, no other real single from Feed The Beast came out.

Her shelved album Problématique was unexpectedly un-shelved and released with zero fanfare or promo. Feed The Beast Tour happened and seemed to be a surprising success.

Sl*t Pop Miami was randomly dropped in Feb 2024, purely for her existing fans and noting the cult classic the original EP has since become over the past couple years. Kim's 2023 was actually super busy and hectic, but now what should she do?

Should Kim lean into just worrying about her existing fan base, with cute gay bops, glittery pop gems, the long-awaited Turn Off The Light: Volume 3, or is it time for miss thing to continue to pave her lane as a bonafide pop star in her own right and keep aiming for her own solo hit?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Problematique pt 2?

• Like 1

Give up 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Kim deserves to have another hit, not necessarily a new "Unholy" or something like that, but she has very catchy songs, especially in "Turn Off The Light." This Halloween aesthetic suits her so well. Moreover, she's a trans woman, and whether we like it or not, things will unfortunately be much more difficult for her, especially considering that having a trans woman succeeding would be historic to witness.

Edited by Expensive Taste
  • Like 3

Release better music would be a great start :coffee2:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Release something actually good which hasn't happened since Turn Off vol. 2

• Thanks 1

Collab with Katy Perry for the biggest Dr Luke banger ever made :WAP:

• Thumbs Down 1

droplets era. try lots of new sounds and collab with DJs plus other pop queer indie artists

Definitely not **** Pop Miami 

I think she's been working on some visuals, as she was reading a screenplay and meeting with a film director the other day. She also previously said that TOTL 3 would come out with a film and after the last FTB concert she said more music is coming this year... this got me wondering about it.

She should release TOTL 3 this year and end up using 2024 to release the sequels to her previously released projects (SP, TOTL) and then kick 2025 with a brand new album, the personal one she's been working on for a while now.

She needs to keep going with her lil projects for the fans and if a hit comes out of it, then fine. And also release some droplets, as DJ features, to secure some easy hits here and there too. All i care is for more music, i love how she released 3 projects in less than a year

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

stop threatening us with new music and get shipped to back germany, i fear. @Alfred buy her a stamp 

Edited by BLΔCKP!NK
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, BLΔCKP!NK said:

stop threatening us with new music and get shipped back germany, i fear. @Alfred buy her a stamp 

:skull: 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

she's just not exciting, doing the same sounds, things many others did. she should focus on finding her sound, her voice cause her fanbase decreasing badly

32 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Release something actually good

Why start now?

• Haha 1

Sl*t Pop Gelsenkirchen

Edited by abrantino
  • Haha 1

Give us Debut_Miami. GIVE US CHOKER.

Apologize for **** Pop Miami and remove it from everywhere.

200.gif

I want her to SLOW DOWN and take her time. Shes released so much music and performed so much I wouldnt mind if she took like a year off and just rested. :clap3:  If we are speaking music wise I would LOVE to have a more acoustic, instrument based album like her Symphonic Sessions performances. They were so good. :jonny5:

Edited by Onyxmage

Sl*t Pop NYC with a darker grungier sound

Edited by Blue Jeans

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.