European Parliament 2024 elections / European Politics

Kitty Kat

Hello everyone!

I've wanted to make a thread for the politics of the European Parliament, as well as Europe at large for a while now. With the European Parliament elections a little over a month away, from 6-9 June 2024, now is an ideal time to open the thread for full news, discussion, and debate.

All 720 seats of the European Parliament are up for election. The current make-up of the Parliament is:

EPP - 187 seats

S&D - 148 seats

Renew - 97 seats

Greens/EFA - 67 seats

ID - 76 seats

ECR - 62 seats

The Left - 40 seats

• Thanks 1

EPP needs to flop. :skull:

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

EPP needs to flop. :skull:

i rather see i-d, ecr and the left flop. eu sceptics and russia friends needs to go 

• Thanks 1

Would be nice if ID do lose seats. The more, the better.

I will be skipping the European Parliament elections + the parliament elections of my own country (same date) due to logistical constraints 

I truly hope all the ID and ECR voters stay home… 

1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

I will be skipping the European Parliament elections + the parliament elections of my own country (same date) due to logistical constraints 

Can you register to vote at your current place of residence at least for the EP elections?

Any decent resources that explain the parties, their positions, and electoral projections for non-Europeans? :bird:

1 hour ago, welham said:

Any decent resources that explain the parties, their positions, and electoral projections for non-Europeans? :bird:

Europe Elects is a good website for projections and news and Wikipedia will explain the parties. https://europeelects.eu/ 

Hungarian Europe elections will be crazy :gaycat7:

13 hours ago, welham said:

Politico.eu has some great resources including in-depth analyses and a huge section dedicated to the election. And as already mentioned by somebody else, Europe Elects provides seat projections and other interesting data and also collects polls for every single country.

• 2 weeks later...

The FPO at such a high percentage is frightening...

North Macedonia had elections yesterday for the Parliament and the Presidency. The centre-right VMRO party won both, with the country electing its first ever female President.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.