So High School and TTPD is what we want from Avril

nostalgia

Avril Lavigne's next era holds promise as fans yearn for a departure reminiscent of The Tortured Poets Department. This longing extends to a desire for her to delve into sounds akin to "So High School," embracing a dignified pop-rock essence and mature adult contemporary songwriting. The resonance of "TTPD" underscores Avril's enduring influence among contemporary pop artists, affirming her relevance in today's music landscape. With echoes of Avril's essence reverberating in tracks like "So High School," enthusiasts anticipate a return to her signature style, infused with newfound depth and sophistication. As anticipation mounts, fans eagerly await Avril's evolution into a realm where her musical legacy continues to captivate audiences old and new alike.

• Confused 6

I think Avril fans want the Matrix team to come back and make her music good again… from both a lyrical and production standpoint. Love Sux was sonically good but lyrically flat.

• Like 7

Who is we? :coffee2:
I'll take her making another Nobody's home over a taylor lite song

• Like 1

We want Nobody's Home (Avril's Version) for Under My Skin's 20th anniversary me thinks

• Like 1

Said no one ever. Avril's music is legendary compared to Taylor's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

I think when you said 'we,' you excluded a large part of Avril's fan base.

No we do not. 

Love Sux was way better than TTPD so no

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Definitely not, Love Sux was a return to form and Avril belongs to rock and pop punk, not a snooze mess

• Like 4

It doesn't fit her style tbh

I haven't enjoyed a full Avril album since Goodbye Lullaby but going in this direction would be direct set up! 

You do realise that this is the only rock song on TTPD :rip: the rest is synth pop

I would personally prefer a third The Best Damn Thing

I just want Avril to stop making pick-me-I'm-not-like-other-girls trash.

On 4/28/2024 at 10:48 PM, Lady Claire said:

Definitely not, Love Sux was a return to form and Avril belongs to rock and pop punk, not a snooze mess

On 4/28/2024 at 9:13 PM, ttsmu said:

Said no one ever. Avril's music is legendary compared to Taylor's.

I'm shook that none of the Swifties have come for you two yet.:gaycat7:

TTPD wasn't even what we wanted from Taylor, everyone was begging for her to ditch Antonoff after midnights. Why would we want it from Avril?

Avrils talent on melody won't allow her to release this flat song tho. She will stick to her pop rock root cause that's what makes money, her being able to do a arena tour worldwide all thanks to her going back to pop rock mode with Love sux, and that's what she excels and people enjoys this type of music from her. She can try different sounds from an album tho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.