Did anyone in your family know you were LGBTQ+ before you did?

Josh

Before you discovered it yourself did anyone close to know you were gay or bi before you came out? sometimes its always the parents who know before you do

I didn't necessarily came out, they knew it already. blessed to have a very accepting family :alexz3:

Probably. I mean I was begging for Britney albums at 4. They probably knew. 

I'm pretty sure most parents or close family know before the child does. Kids don't really have a sense of feminine/masculine rules until they're older around 7-8 I think.

Just my gay uncle but we hated each other & are polar opposites, so I didn't confide in him but still he always knew and even suggested it to my mom who asked me (obv I said no at the time) just to prove he was wrong, until I came out years after :dies:

I dressed up in my mother's dress and acted like i was maleficent or the evil witch from snow white, i knew their dialogues word by word, they knew

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I asked my mother this exact same question and she said she didn't even think about the subject and that she wasn't really concerned or cared about that

• Thanks 1

I dont think so :gayoncecat2:

Yes and there was no need to come out :-* I guess I was lucky

My parents were oblivious, but I could tell my aunt knew by the way she looked at me

My sister probably, but I knew pretty early on too

Edited by Illuminati

My mum knew but my dad and my brother didn't 

i knew i was a 🚬 since kindergarten so

No.  I did such a good job of hiding it.  Nobody suspected a thing.

shawn-mendez-gay-hands.gif

I was the last one to find out I was gay.

I feel they did but were in denial lol

I don't remember not knowing (I was 4 and already tried to kiss boys in kindergarden).

But I also don't remember my mom not knowing it, even tho she never accepted it and still refuses to believe it till today.

My father after I ---- him

oh i was super naive, so didnt even really sus myself out completely till i  was nearing/ in my early twenties. no idea what my family thought/thinks but everyone at school knew i guess since i was called homo or fxggxt everyday

Probably my entire nuclear family. They always know or suspect. Good thing I threw in a twist and turned out to be bisexual! In a sense I got them good. 

Yes, but nobody spoke of it or made it an issue because I wasn't ready.

When my parents say I'd dance in front of the TV any time a Shakira, Xtina or Gwen Stefani came on, it became self explanatory

I feel like mothers always know but some turn a blind eye and others would see it as clear as day and wait till you're ready but either way they always know

Edited by єѕℓαм

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.